What I ate today (a day to day journal)

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

What I ate today (a day to day journal)

Postby Jennay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:08 pm

*edited. Just a journal now for real*

Oct. 4th
One ice cold 20 oz Cherry Coke at 3am that lasted me till after my first break
One Asiago cheese bagel from Panera at my first break
Nothing for lunch, I don't normally eat till I get home.
Half can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup when I got home from work
A tall glass of 1/2% milk

For dinner I will be having pot roast with potatoes, celery, carrots, onions and probably mashed potatoes. I will be making gravy from the pot roast juice to drizzle over my mashed potatoes.
Last edited by Jennay on Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Maeya » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:24 pm

Good thing it didn't upset you, and you're not obsessing over it, or anything.

Honestly - just ignore him. I live with him and it's his hobby to make fun of people. He doesn't do it because he doesn't like you, or because he's insecure, or because he is secretly dying to have teh sex with you, or whatever other reason people believe. He does it because he gets a big ol' fucking laugh over it. It entertains him. He doesn't care what you eat, or what you do for exercise, if you give him a good reaction, he'll hound you till he's had his fun and go on to someone else. And frankly, your reactions to this couldn't have been more perfect to encourage him to continue.

I love him, and he's a good person in real life, but he is mean, and cruel, and nasty on the boards simply because it amuses the hell out of him. He'll laugh to himself while he writes responses, and he has fun predicting how people are going to react.

Stop obsessing over it. Stop giving him material. Just drop the subject. You're welcome to keep a food journal, it helped me monitor how much I was eating for a while. And if it's truly to help you keep track of your diet, then, cool... but don't make comments like this:

I've already dropped quite a few already, but who's counting. Wait, I know someone is ^_^ He <3's me so much he monitors my weight and food intake so I can be the healthiest I can be.

All it does is let him know it got to you, so he keeps hounding you.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:38 pm

Stop victimizing yourself (thanks Ash). It's unbecoming and it's pathetic. You act as if you're the only fat person in the world (I don't even know if you are fat to tell ya the truth). You want the fat jokes to stop, then you have a few options.

1) Laugh it off
2) Stop being fat and work out/diet
3) Be fat and enjoy it

Fat jokes are cruel, but one thing I've known forever is that when you post stuff about yourself on NT, you better be prepared to get ripped for it. Your crying does nothing but establish you as a whiner.
Jay

Postby Jennay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:45 pm

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

And no, not fat. I've posted pics. I'm a plain jane with a little extra weight but that's about it.

Anyway I'm done.

Gonna keep the journal anyway because I really do want to track this stuff.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:57 pm

My trainer has me keep a food journal, that way he can tell me I am eating the wrong kind of bread. Drives me batty!! Batty I tell you!!!
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jennay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:08 pm

yeaaa, you know what? Keeping this shit online is probably better too because then I could just cut and paste into Word, print it out, and have it handy VS. risking a notebook being lost or getting something spilled on it.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:20 pm

J -
Is your goal to get some feedback or do you just need to keep a journal for yourself? Or maybe you are just looking for some accountability help?

Depending on your goal for your journal, you may want to consider using http://www.fitday.com. It is a free service and gives you some really nice statistics. Plus you can keep it private and just for you or you can make it public and just share the link with people you know. With that said, if you still want to post a food journal here, it isn't an issue. Just know if that you are serious about it then you will gain the most benefit by ignoring any negitive posts and taking away what you can't get from the positive posts. Typically Mop can moderate out garbage that is anti-supportive/negitive and not constructive criticism in this forum but with his busy schedule these days he may not always get to it right away.

Good luck with the new journal whatever you decide. For me doing a journal really helps with personal accountability at the times I need it the most. Anytime I feel like I am off track I go back to doing a journal and it helps me to identify any patterns that I can fix. I have had the best success when I use it hand in hand with meal planning. I will create the meal plan in advance and add that.. then make the adjustments of what I really ate during the day if needed. Typically I just use my own excel sheet for my tracking but I've had some success with fitday too.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jennay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:32 pm

Exactly what I was thinking and hoping, LS, thank you. I'll check that link out, but was looking for a little of both good feedback, suggestions on replacing stuff here and there, no negativity, and moderation if that does happen. Also, NT is a place I visit often so a quick jot down into this forum and back to trolling and reading :)

thanks again.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:32 pm

Sure. If you want more specific help with suggestions/feedback let me know.
Just based on what you ate today you can make a lot better and more balanced choices to help maximize burning fat and keep yourself better fueled.

Just a little run through of what your body did with what you already ate......

One ice cold 20 oz Cherry Coke at 3am that lasted me till after my first break
... regular cherry coke at 3am will get stored as fat right away. Calories for a 20 oz serving are about 325 and 85 grams or sugar. Ya.. you get a nice buzz to keep you going at 3am but is it really worth it? Just by cutting out regular soda you can do a ton to improve your diet.

One Asiago cheese bagel from Panera at my first break

Serving Size: 4.75 oz Sodium: 630mg
Calories: 350 Total Carbohydrate: 60g
Total Fat: 6g Dietary Fiber: 3g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g Sugars: 5g
Cholesterol: 10mg Protein: 16g

Believe it or not if you just eat the asiago cheese bagel for a meal alone it isn't a horrid choice because the protein is pretty good. However, it is a ton of simple carbs that get broken down pretty fast. Like the coke it is going to probably make you crash. You would be better off eating half the bagel and getting a little scrambled egg with it.

Nothing for lunch, I don't normally eat till I get home.

- How many hours do you go without eating? Spacing meals out equally ie as important as what you eat. Let when you last ate define when you eat again as opposed to what the clock says. If you go to long your body will store whatever you ate into its fat stores because it thinks it is starving. For example... You could eat 6 - 300 - 350 calorie meals 3 hours apart if your goal was to get in 1800 - 2100 calories a day. Do you have a caloric goal? Do you know how many calories you need to reduce or add in order to drop weight? I can help you try to figure that out if you want.

Half can of Campbell's chicken noodle soup when I got home from work.
Salt from canned soups are super high and can make you retain water weight. They don't always have quality ingredients. Making your own soup on your day off and frezzing it into the right portions is a good alternative. Plus you control better what goes into it.

A tall glass of 1/2% milk
Milks great.. especially for women but as a meal this could be improved. It would help if you balanced this meal out a little more though. Do you like cottage cheese? Good meal combo: cottage cheese + little natrual peanut butter + a little sugar free jam will give you nice balanced meal or how about adding in some good cereal with the milk - like the kashi go lean. Another option.. scoop of some protein powder and make a shake.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:43 pm

opps.. left out your planned dinner

pot roast with potatoes, celery, carrots, onions and probably mashed potatoes. I will be making gravy from the pot roast juice to drizzle over my mashed potatoes.

Healthy suggestion - if you have to have gravy then buy the lower calorie lower fat stuff in a jar. Making it out of the fat from the pot roast juice just adds unecessary calories. Also, pot roast in general isn't a good choice because it is a fatty meat.
If you are eating a very small portion once in a blue moon not a big deal but a meal like this if you are trying to drop weight will do more harm than good.
Alternative - grilled lean meat, some steamed veggies, little bit of baked sweet potato or mash it but leave out the butter and try some splenda, cinnamon, skim milk, smart balance margarine. Even more yummy... make very thin slices of the sweet potato.. drizzle some olive oil on it, favorite seasoning (spicy mood: use cajun spices - sweet mood: splenda+ cinnamon) , and place on a baking sheet for sweet potato chips.
Last edited by liquidstayce on Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Lyion » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:27 pm

We need to find a way to harness all your Epeen negative energy on these warlord fucktards who keep hacking at our small forums.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:47 pm

liquidstayce wrote:Alternative - grilled lean mean, some steamed veggies, little bit of baked sweet potato or mash it but leave out the butter and try some splenda, cinnamon, skim milk, smart balance margarine. Even more yummy... make very thin slices of the sweet potato.. drizzle some olive oil on it, favorite seasoning (spicy mood: use cajun spices - sweet mood: splenda+ cinnamon) , and place on a baking sheet for sweet potato chips.

This actually led me to a small question that I've been wondering about - I love green beans, but I really prefer them with some form of butter/margarine flavor on them or I get burnt out on them. In order to cut out the butter/margarine because it's so fattening and salty, I've gone more toward the I can't believe it's not butter spray. It's cholesterol free and fat free, and the taste is just fine.. but is it really a healthier alternative or is it just as bad for me as the other stuff?
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:49 pm

Butter is better for you than margarine. I learned that last wek in Biology *buffs knuckles* go me
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby DangerPaul » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:54 pm

How come Jenny gets to eat fun food?

Paul's daily eating...

6:30 AM
2 cups of Soy Milk
2 cups of Kelloggs Raisin bran
1 medium orange

8:30 AM
2x 20oz bottle of water
Apex Fix Cookie (tastes like mud mixed in dogshit thanks)
2 apples

10:45 AM
3x 20oz bottle of water
2 slices of rye bread
2 oz of roast beef
1 oz of pretzels
1 cup of Chicken noodle soup

2PM
32oz bottle of X-factor gatoraid
Apex fit bar (oatmeal / raisin, tastes just a little less shitty than cookie)
1 orange

4:45
1/2 cup seedless grapes
1 cup turkey noodle soup
turkey sandwich (see roast beef sandwich)

7:45PM
1/2 cup of grapes
1 oz of pretzels
1 tuna sandwich with 1/2 tsp of mayo for flavor

I fucking hate this, rinse and repeat every day. I am sick of fucking water, I am sick of no beer and I am completely and totally sick of no steak / potatoes. However, in New Orleans with Euphoria I was 252lbs, in Cancun with Crielle I was 232lbs as of today I am 201lbs. ><
Once I am down to 195lbs I get to go back to shitty eating and power lifting, yay me!
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jennay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:23 pm

Wow good job there Paul! I don't think I could ever eat that much though, even if it's small portions every couple of hours. I heard that's the way to go, but how it is right now I get up for work, have a soda while I'm working (yea I know it's bad), eat a bagel or something on first break, then I don't really eat till I get home or sometimes till dinner. Rinse and repeat that 5 days a week, add in water I sip on all day, plus breaking a sweat at work, and that's how I've been able to slowly shed about 30 lbs. I just don't have the appetite I used to, which sucks because I'm scared of hurting my moms feelings when I go to visit and she' s trying to push all this german food on me. So when do you reward yourself?
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jennay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:26 pm

Oh thought I'd add, my first break is at 6am, lunch is at 8am, and I am off work by noon. Dinner is around 6ish pm depending on when my hubby gets home. It's not good for me at all. No wonder I feel sluggish, but I just am not hungry lately. I drink lots of water though. I buy these crystal light thingies that you just tear the end off and stir into your water. Makes it a little more tolerable. Other than the hard work I do during my 8 hr shift, I don't exercise at all other than .. well, sex.
Last edited by Jennay on Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:27 pm

Butter is mostly saturated fats, which tend to clog the arteries with bad cholesterol.

Most margarine is even worse, since it has trans fats, the most dangerous fat of all. Any stick margarine should be totally avoided.

There are some kinds of margarine that are okay, as long as they contain no partially hydrogenated oils. Smart Balance is one really good brand, with low sat fat, no trans fat, and a high percentage of the most beneficial fats. Benicol and promise ultra are also ok.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jennay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:28 pm

Whaaaat? No Country Crock with Vitamin D!!? I'd die ><
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:30 pm

Thats quite a number of goat pts you have there Jennay...
Jay

Postby Phlegm » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:33 pm

Erodalak wrote:Thats quite a number of goat pts you have there Jennay...

Bitch. Quit begging.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:38 pm

Jesus christ.
Jay

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:43 pm

Jennay wrote:Wow good job there Paul! I don't think I could ever eat that much though, even if it's small portions every couple of hours. I heard that's the way to go, but how it is right now I get up for work, have a soda while I'm working (yea I know it's bad), eat a bagel or something on first break, then I don't really eat till I get home or sometimes till dinner. Rinse and repeat that 5 days a week, add in water I sip on all day, plus breaking a sweat at work, and that's how I've been able to slowly shed about 30 lbs. I just don't have the appetite I used to, which sucks because I'm scared of hurting my moms feelings when I go to visit and she' s trying to push all this german food on me. So when do you reward yourself?

If you want long term results that will keep the 30lbs off then you probably have to decide to change what you are doing. Losing weight isn't that big a deal.. keeping it off is the real challenge. To do that you need to make some behavior changes. A big one is not tying your health or food intake to someone elses emotions (your mom's) or yours for that matter. Eat on a schedule. If you are hungry or not really isn't the issue. Eat quality, nutrient rich foods at regular intervals to keep your body fueled so it doesn't go into starvation mode and store what you eat as fat.
Not eating is as equally as bad as overeating. Both will mess up your health and can lead to obesity and obesity related issues.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:44 pm

Jennay wrote:Whaaaat? No Country Crock with Vitamin D!!? I'd die ><

NO!
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:48 pm

ohh.. and P.S. How about instead of rewarding yourself with food thinking about a reward by buying a kick ass new outfit that shows you keeping off 30lbs =)

Eating crappy once in a while isn't a bad thing. I know a lot of people that actually build in a free day or free meal once a week and just eat whatever. It's when you do it on a daily basis that it becomes a problem.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jennay » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:50 pm

Lol believe it or not I hadn't heard the rule about your body storing fat cells in what you DO eat till recently. Had I known that a long time ago it woulda been "whoohoo snack time again!" for me. I can dig a piece of fruit, granola bar, pretzels, or a yogurt every 2 or 3 hours np. Not a full meal though.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Next

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum