6 months post op pics

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby liquidstayce » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:04 am

Laparoscopic RNY Gastric Bypass
Animation here - http://www.barixclinics.com/how_it_work ... urgery.jsp
Profile on OH about my journey here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/?m=713580
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Captain Insano » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:21 am

Oh. Yah you look good. I've always wondered about those surgeries though.... Once you lose all the weight you can, what keeps you from continuing to lose weight and joining the Mary Kate and Ashley stick figure club?

If I ever go in for surgery I'm going to get my robotic arms upgraded so I have more skull crushing power.
Tossica: No, you're gay because you suck on cocks.

Darcler:
Get rid of the pictures of the goofy looking white guy. That opens two right there.

Mazzletoffarado: That's me fucktard
Vivalicious wrote:Lots of females don't want you to put your penis in their mouths. Some prefer it in their ass.
Captain Insano
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby liquidstayce » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:01 am

Some people do end up with the reverse issue but that is pretty rare. You get about an 18 month window of opportunity but eventually your stomach will return to hold 6-8 oz of food around 8 months or so. I eat around 1500 calories and 100 - 120 grams of protein a day now at just 7 months out. You can also gain some of the weight back as well. It is just a tool. Very important to also still make the behavioral changes, eat healthy, and exercise. Lots of other risks involved as well - It really should be a last resort and only for people who need to drop 100lbs or more that usually also have some related medical conditions like high blood pressure, joint issues, etc.

Robotoic arms are good. Then you could program them to only eat certain foods. =P
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tuggan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:56 am

is it true you puke and get all kindsa fucked up if you eat/drink too much for your tiny little stomach to handle?
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:08 pm

The one thing I was wondering about was pregnancy after that surgery - does it affect your body's ability to carry a healthy full term pregnancy? I mean, I know your stomach isn't exactly linked to your uterus, but the baby does share your nutrients, and with you having a limited amount that you can consume, would that hurt the baby's health? Or are you normal again after that 18 month window
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby liquidstayce » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:32 pm

Tuggan wrote:is it true you puke and get all kindsa fucked up if you eat/drink too much for your tiny little stomach to handle?

For some patients - yes. High sugar, high fat foods, eating too much, or eating too fast can cause what is known as dumping syndrome which can include vomiting or diarrhea as well as some other unpleasant symptoms. I've never thrown up but I have dumped and had other symptoms.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:36 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:The one thing I was wondering about was pregnancy after that surgery - does it affect your body's ability to carry a healthy full term pregnancy? I mean, I know your stomach isn't exactly linked to your uterus, but the baby does share your nutrients, and with you having a limited amount that you can consume, would that hurt the baby's health? Or are you normal again after that 18 month window

It actually improves your chances of getting pregnant and can increase fertility. It is one of the reasons why I had the surgery. You have to wait until 18 months to 2 years after though otherwise you run the risk of malnourishing your baby which can cause developmental issues.

More here: Msg board filled with people getting pregnant after weight loss surgery - http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/postop_pregnancy/
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Previous

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum