M.A.S.S. multiple assault synergy system

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

M.A.S.S. multiple assault synergy system

Postby DESX » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:47 pm

Gaining muscle mass isn't as hard as you might think http://www.mass-cycle.com has some good info.

Lift between 75 to 90 percent of your one-rep maximum. In other words, don't pick a weight that you can lift for more than 10 reps or fewer than five reps. Your total work volume should be no less than 50 reps and no greater than 80 reps, not including warm-ups.
When you're lifting for mass, approximately 70 percent of your lifts should be explosive and powerful, while 30 percent should be slower and controlled.
Your last warm-up set should be 5 percent greater than the weight you are going to lift for your work sets, and should be one explosive rep. (This triggers an incredible signal from the brain, which will recruit more muscle fibers than needed, making your first work set feel easier than ever before!)
You should always alternate opposing muscle group exercises in order to control the devastating effects that lactic acid has on your strength.
For maximum strength, always rest at least three minutes between sets.

Make no mistake; if you want to get big, you have to eat big. You're going to need big protein, big carbs and big calories to stack on quality mass. But that's not all, you'll need to know exactly when to eat if you're going to take advantage of every little mass trick out there. For instance, did you know that the biggest mistake people make when trying to gain mass is eating for their present body weight? If you don't eat like you're 20 pounds heavier, you'll never become 20 pounds heavier. Or did you know that eating rice cakes at the right time can launch the anabolic hormone insulin to a level that will drive more protein into your hard-working muscles? You're probably thinking to yourself, “Rice cakes, that's what my mom eats – I'm not going to get big off of that!” Well kick back and read on because some of the information in this section will shock you.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:32 am

Yep.. we have done this in the gym but never heard of this exact particular "MASS" style.
It works well. For me what was more important was 1)consistency 2)changing up my style of lifting every few weeks or so I didn't get bored and I kept my muscles guessing. I'm looking forward on starting a new program very soon. Have been away from lifting regularly for a while now. Joining a new gym with Dana this weekend.

I like what it says about eating.. so true.. only way to get big is to eat. Some women fear they will get to be these huge muscular unfeminine women but unless you are eating an insane amt of calories and protein it won't happen. What will happen is overall improvement in your health and a better looking body.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum