What's a good place, other than the paper

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

What's a good place, other than the paper

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:19 am

To find good, used, exercise equipment?

I'd like to get a treadmill for the house as since we moved we have NO gym within 30-45 minutes of us, and the 2 gyms that are even that close are horrid or tremendously expensive. I can't keep my balance on ice at all, so walking/jogging outside in the winter isn't an option.

I've been looking for some used equipment as it's quite pricey, and can't find anything within my price range on ebay for 2 reasons.. 1. most are pickup only and not near my area and 2. the ones that ship cost as much to ship them as it does to purchase them

With christmas, I'm down quite a bit on cash but a machine for the house is pretty important to me. Any ideas other than ebay?
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jesus » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:37 pm

Craigslist.
Jesus
NT Bixie
NT Bixie

Postby Insanityfair » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:16 pm

http://www.2ndwindexercise.com/wisconsin.html

Don't know how close any of these are for you, they have them in MN so I thought I would check if they have them in WI. ( I don't know what the prices are like though)
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Re: What's a good place, other than the paper

Postby Jimmy Durante » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:16 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:we have NO gym within 30-45 minutes of us

One option is to move closer to civilization :dunno:
Jimmy Durante
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:20 pm

But I love my house =( I couldn't get one anything close to what I have closer to civilization

Thanks IF, I'll check it out!
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Eldred » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:49 pm

Look for a marial arts school in the area that has sparing 3 or 4 nights a week. That'll give you a better work out than any exersize equipment in the world. But I've told you that for years. :dunno:
Eldred
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:17 pm

Mike, I'd love to do that, but..

like a gym, there's nothing like that within 30-45 minutes. So from work, even if it's 30-45 minutes from home, I never know where I'm working, so that's counting on between 45 minutes to an hour drive home, then get dressed and head back out.. I know me, I won't be motivated after all that driving to go out and I'll have wasted the money ><
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Oofdaa » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:31 pm

Craigslist is good...... I bought my Stairmaster off of Ebay and am pretty happy with it. It's not the right season but I found my weights at various garage estate sales. Very cheap.
Oof~
Oofdaa
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Minrott » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:44 pm

If you're in the (715) pick up a "Buyers Guide Trading Post."
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum