ugh

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

ugh

Postby leah » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:34 pm

i don't know if i just have poor circulation or what, but every time i go jogging (treadmill or otherwise) my right foot goes a little numb. any suggestions or advice or wtf is wrong with me??
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Phlegm » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:08 pm

Could be the shoes.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Zanchief » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:09 pm

Could be a stroke.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby araby » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:51 pm

maybe you have one leg longer than the other.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Lyion » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:04 am

Shorten the pegleg by a few inches.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:43 am

christ, people, seriously! it really bothers me! :(
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Zanchief » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:50 am

You should ask Avril if she has the same problem. It might be genetic.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Martrae » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:51 am

Seriously, visit a chiropractor. You might indeed have one leg 'shorter' than the other. This really is a misalignment in your spine/pelvis they can straighten out. A kink like that can cause odd pressures and pangs.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:51 am

Martrae wrote:Seriously, visit a chiropractor.

Or you could visit a real doctor.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Martrae » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:53 am

A real doc can't/won't help with misalignments.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Insanityfair » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:17 am

I had chronic neck/back pain for 6 years so bad I couldn't walk at times. After regular doctors, physical therapy, spine therapy, a neurologist and over 12 different kinds of medications, I went to a chiropractor. There really are some things that a regular doctor or pills can't fix.

I would tend to agree with Martrae, it's worth a shot, and if it is something they can help you'll probably feel considerable relief after a couple of visits.
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:55 am

Well, we have part of the story.

1. Did you just start running or have you exercised for some time?
2. Have you ever had this problem before?
3. Did you recently quit smoking?
4. Are you eating healthy?
5. Is this problem solely while you run, or othertimes as well?

Now, this is what webmd says

WebMD wrote:Minor leg problems, such as sore muscles, are common. Leg problems commonly occur during sports or recreational activities, work-related tasks, and work or projects around the home. Leg problems also can be caused by injuries. If you think your leg problem is related to an injury, see the topic Leg Injuries.

Leg problems may be minor or serious and may include symptoms such as pain, swelling, cramps, numbness, tingling, weakness, or changes in temperature or color. Symptoms often develop from exercise, everyday wear and tear, or overuse.

They also say minor numbness or swelling is common when starting a new exercise problem, and shouldnt be a problem. You might need to cut back the exercise or try something different if it persists.

There's absolutely no need to go to a Chiropractor or Orthopedic doctor for a common slight numbness that will probably go away soon. If it persists or gets worse, or effects you at times when you aren't running, then you might want to consider it.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Phlegm » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:07 am

you may need an amputation.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:10 am

lyion wrote:Well, we have part of the story.

1. Did you just start running or have you exercised for some time?
2. Have you ever had this problem before?
3. Did you recently quit smoking?
4. Are you eating healthy?
5. Is this problem solely while you run, or othertimes as well?

1. i've been exercising regularly for almost two years now
2. yes, since high school, but i didn't think much of it because i figured it was A, related to being overweight, or B, not a big deal since i exercised so rarely (just in phys ed)
3. almost a year ago
4. yes
5. just while exercising

thoughts?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Darcler » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:09 pm

ACK! Dont visit webMD lol. You'll find out you have a weird cancer or something.

So I had to go see a chiropractor in New York, and they're different to osteopaths, chiropractors, because of the spelling. Of course, they're both very powerful figures on the Scrabble board, though... "Chiropractor... chiropractor... chiropractor... 93 letters, chiropractor." And they crack your bones, that's what they do, they crack your bones! And they take x-rays, but it’s pointless, because whatever is wrong with you… "You've got a bad back, I'm gonna crack your bones.” “You've got diphtheria, I'm gonna crack your bones.” “Your head's come off! I'm gonna crack your bones.” “It looks like your mother! I'm going to crack your bones. " And then, when they crack your bones it goes ( painful sigh ) and then, “Ahh!” but not sort of ( relief sigh ), but ( disconcerted sigh ). All the way up your spine, "Crack your bones, crack your bones, crack your bones." And they sort of arrange you into a nice, comfortable ( mimes chiropractor’s actions ) And sometimes it doesn't crack! Sometimes it just goes, "____". Then they pull a mallet from their belt and they try to make the noise. “Make the noise! I live for the noise..."
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby DangerPaul » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:18 pm

run backwards and spread the pain around, it will make you not hurt so much....
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:13 pm

FOR CHRISSAKES!! it is impossible to get decent answers out of you people sometimes!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Martrae » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:15 pm

I gave you a decent answer...you've chosen to ignore it.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:32 pm

i didn't ignore it, i promise :(
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Zanchief » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:36 pm

leah wrote:FOR CHRISSAKES!! it is impossible to get decent answers out of you people sometimes!

I gave you three very serious answers.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Minrott » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:29 pm

I had the same problem in highschool, I found out I have slight scoliosis in my back, which is tilting my hips slightly. This tilt in my hip actually makes one leg "longer" than the other, even though structurally they're both the same length.

Scoliosis is not "misalignment" or something that can generally be corrected, I had to start wearing a 1/4" thick pad in the heels of my right shoe to even out the difference in length. I only wear it when walking/jogging long distances etc. Normal everyday walking doesn't bother me.

Go to the chriopracter. If it's not scoliosis, it could be a "misalignment" or a nerve that you pinch under duress etc. But a doctor isn't going to help you, he's going to think to himself your problem isn't serious enough to warrant his attention while he tells you "do this meaningless exercise and it'll work itself out."
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby araby » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:49 pm

seriously, you might have one leg longer than the other.

about three months ago, I started noticing that my big toes were numb. It didn't hurt but it was weird...why were my toes numb? wtf?
I stretched, kept exercising..no difference, and eventually it spread up to my ankles, then knees, and the next thing I knew, my entire inner thighs/legs/feet were going numb at night, and I was having excruciating pain in my right leg/hip.

none of this happened all at once, and it was also accompanying other symptoms that my doctor and I could not figure out, or even if they were related to my numbness/leg&hip pain.

they ordered (3) MRI's and said NOT to go to a chirpractor, etc. With my health insurance, it sucks fucking ass but I pretty much do what it limits me to do. Chiropractic visits and MRI's have a $500 deductible and I just couldn't spend my money on that.

then, some random doctor told me I had one leg longer than the other, and that because it'd been this way for so long (who knows how long, I'm 29 and noone ever told me this before...) my hip was rotated almost a full inch forward. Basically, everytime I step, it's like I'm stepping into a hole. Considering how much I've exercised like this...I hope I don't have damage I can't see that shows up ten years.

anyway, all I did was put a 1 inch insert under my right heel, in my work shoes and that was all it took. Within minutes, the pain went away. unfuckingbelievable. oh-and we did some exercises that took about ten minutes-to rotate my hip back in place. (not those kind)

anyway, I still see nothing wrong with chiropractors, I swear by them even. I felt amazing when I saw one regularly.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby liquidstayce » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:06 pm

do you hydrate well before and during a run?

I use to get that but it was a vitamin thing. Can be lots of stuff. Just chop off your head. Then it will not matter :lol:
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Phlegm » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:18 pm

liquidstayce wrote:do you hydrate well before and during a run?

I use to get that but it was a vitamin thing. Can be lots of stuff. Just chop off your head. Then it will not matter :lol:

See. She agreed with me. Amputation is the only way to go. :wink:
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum