Doctors don't know what the hell it is

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Doctors don't know what the hell it is

Postby Ouchyfish » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:07 pm

Okie here's the deal. Right above my left knee and off to the left side a little I have a numb spot. I honestly cannot feel any touch sensation for about a 3 square inch spot. I can feel pressure but no touch sensation on the skin. Sometimes it feels like theres a knife sticking in my leg right there but normally no pain. There doesn't feel like there's any damage so why the hell is there no sensation there?

Side note: I have a lump/mass inside the muscle on the back side of the same leg almost exactly behind that spot in my thigh muscle or whatever you'd call the muscle that the hamstring runs up-sorry I am not good with muscles, etc. A doctor once told me it was probably just scar tissue from tearing it playing football.

My only concern is that that muscle mass (which is painful to touch-especially after running/stretching) might be affecting a blood vessel but doctors can't say wtf is wrong. They want to say torn muscle etc, but I know that isn't what it is.

Should I just go ahead and ask for an MRI or is that something the doctor has to suggest?

Thanks..
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Martrae » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:14 pm

You can ask for any test you want. If the doc refuses see another doc.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:22 pm

If it's in a spot where you pulled a muscle, it is probably scar tissue. At the least, its a benign tumor, or else they would have mentioned your white blood cell count being off. I'm not a doctor, just in nursing school. Ask for the MRI, or at the very least some Xrays, they can show abnormal growths. I would seek a second opinion if you don't like what the first doctor is telling you.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Phlegm » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:00 am

You might need an amputation.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ouchyfish » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:43 am

quite true..I think I'll just skip the middle man and buy a skil saw.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum