Airborne Tablets

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Airborne Tablets

Postby Jay » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Anyone ever try this stuff? It's like alka seltzer with a ton of herbs and vitamins and stuff. I've been plagued with a bad cold all week and when I take this I feel fine for a few hours. Miracle cure I tell you.
Jay

Postby Tacks » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:15 pm

I remember an episode of Mythbusters where they were seeing if those worked or not. Then they used either Ginger or Garlic pills and they also had the same effect as Dramamine. Test it out for me thx~
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ouchyfish » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:16 pm

Cough on a rock and throw it into a stream..the cold will go away until the rock is found.
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Agrajag » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:35 pm

Ouchyfish wrote:Cough on a rock and throw it into a stream..the cold will go away until the rock is found.

I tried this. I fell in the stream and caught another cold :-x
Agrajag
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Trielelvan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:42 pm

Tacks wrote:I remember an episode of Mythbusters where they were seeing if those worked or not. Then they used either Ginger or Garlic pills and they also had the same effect as Dramamine. Test it out for me thx~

Ginger pills - the test was for motion sickness.

I think he is referring to relief from a stuffy head that doesn't make him drowsy maybe? :dunno:
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:11 pm

Ginger has a soothing effect on your stomach if you're feeling sick, it doesn't do the same thing as Dramamine but you wouldn't notice the difference.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Maeya » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:32 am

Are these the pills you are supposed to take when flying to ward off other people's colds? If they're the same one, my aunt (who flies a lot) swears by them.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Aatrex » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:26 pm

I've taken them before. I took them at the first appearance of a sore throat (how my colds start out) and it knocked the sore throat away and pretty well stomped out the entire cold.

They own.
Aatrex
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:02 pm

Maeya wrote:Are these the pills you are supposed to take when flying to ward off other people's colds? If they're the same one, my aunt (who flies a lot) swears by them.

Yes they are. I swear by these things too. I've been taking them regularly when my nose gets stuffed up and when I get congested. 15 minutes in, all gone. Just like that.

Also though, placebo effects work on me very well though. Like when I was having toothache's I'd instantly swallow an Advil and it'd go away. I know Advil takes like 20 minutes to go through your system but they work instant for me. Seems to only work for Advil or Ibuprofen based medicines.
Jay

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum