oh help :/

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby kaharthemad » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:29 am

Apendix is still a possible Apendicitis does not centralize to the RLQ till later on in the stages of it.

Serioulsy dear, get checked out. I waited on a serious problem I had now I have a 12 inch scar across the gut where my apend. burst and they had to remove things I did not know I had.
kaharthemad
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby KILL » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:12 pm

leah wrote:
the chills and low-grade fever, plus sudden intense pain and whatnots are what really stand out to me. wednesday night/thursday morning i couldn't get to sleep because i couldn't stop shaking from the chills and couldn't get warm... though my fever was only 99.4 (which is up from my normal body temp of 97.9). and from about 2 a.m. until about 10:30 or so is when the stomachy pains i've been talking about were at their worst, in my upper abdominal region, mostly in the middle but slightly to the right. stacy, KILL, you're the resident gall bladder problem experts. thoughts?

allow me to reiterate, i AM going to see a doctor. now i'm just kind of speculating for fun.

I dunno if this is gallstones or not, but it sounds possible.

The part I don't think I experienced was the chills and fever you're describing.

With gallstones, the pain is very easy to pinpoint. It will be a few inches to the right, up under the bottom edge of your ribcage. If your bellybutton was 12:00, I'd put it at about 1:30. It can be mild to extreemly uncomfortable, making sleep impossible. Always seems to bring back pain with it too. I would start pacing around the house, sitting on the toilet for no good reason and just generally losing my sanity until it either faded enough so I could sleep or I went to the ER.

Dont know if that helps or not, but get to a doc. Tell em KILL said Percocets make the pain go away ;)
KILL
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby leah » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:09 pm

KILL wrote:
leah wrote:
the chills and low-grade fever, plus sudden intense pain and whatnots are what really stand out to me. wednesday night/thursday morning i couldn't get to sleep because i couldn't stop shaking from the chills and couldn't get warm... though my fever was only 99.4 (which is up from my normal body temp of 97.9). and from about 2 a.m. until about 10:30 or so is when the stomachy pains i've been talking about were at their worst, in my upper abdominal region, mostly in the middle but slightly to the right. stacy, KILL, you're the resident gall bladder problem experts. thoughts?

allow me to reiterate, i AM going to see a doctor. now i'm just kind of speculating for fun.

I dunno if this is gallstones or not, but it sounds possible.

The part I don't think I experienced was the chills and fever you're describing.

With gallstones, the pain is very easy to pinpoint. It will be a few inches to the right, up under the bottom edge of your ribcage. If your bellybutton was 12:00, I'd put it at about 1:30. It can be mild to extreemly uncomfortable, making sleep impossible. Always seems to bring back pain with it too. I would start pacing around the house, sitting on the toilet for no good reason and just generally losing my sanity until it either faded enough so I could sleep or I went to the ER.

Dont know if that helps or not, but get to a doc. Tell em KILL said Percocets make the pain go away ;)

i did that :(

i went to the doctor on thursday; he said it is either acid reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, or gallstones (all of which i had been suspecting) so he put me on prevacid and if it doesn't help by the time i run out (i have 16 days' worth) then they're gonna do an ultrasound to check for gallstones, and if all else fails he figures it'd probably be IBS and i would be put on an anti-spasmodic.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Martrae » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:00 pm

Bentyl was what I was on for IBS when I had it. If it is IBS then it's usually triggered by anger or strong emotions and you can tell when you're about to have an attack because everything you eat will taste off.

To me it doesn't sound like IBS unless you are voiding everything in your intestines while having the chills and fever.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Darcler » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:26 pm

While this 16 days is going, dont change your diet. Gallstones are most likely triggered by fatty (read:tasty) food, if you cut it out then you wont notice and you'll never get the diagnosis.
Eat a big ol burger once or twice, see what happens :)
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby leah » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:27 pm

hrmm

i don't eat much fatty food as it is but do you think i should shoot for a hamburger just to test it?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:32 pm

Tablespoon of crisco! GOGO
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:38 am

leah wrote:hrmm

i don't eat much fatty food as it is but do you think i should shoot for a hamburger just to test it?

If you are brave, ya know, just in case.

Really, eat anything with flavor. Should trigger something.

I had mine when I was pregnant, too far along for surgery. I had to wait for.ev.er for surgery. I was restricted from anything, and I'll quote them "nothing that is tasty". No salt, no seasoning, no fat, no nothing. On top of that I developed gestational diabetes so I couldnt have many carbs cause they = sugars. I lost a total of 30 lbs (more since I gained the baby weight, so I'm not too sure how much I actually lost, just that my prebaby and deliver weight was - 30 lbs). I looked sick.

That had no point, but the point originally was if you are brave, go for a burger and some fries.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Dimuza » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:34 am

the 'electric eel' thing made me think hernia. that's what mine felt like
Dimuza
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Donnel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:53 am

I just had an ultrasound to check for gall stones a few weeks ago. Had very similar symptoms.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:07 am

what did it end up being?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Donnel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:18 am

Inconclusive. I hadn't had symptoms for about a week prior to the test. I could have passed the stones though that's not likely. Doc said to try some antacid type medicine if it comes back to see if that's it. Hasn't come back recently, but I've also been eating a lot better lately.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:37 am

Weaklings...I live on steaks, potatos with shitloads of butter, hamburgers and fries-no problems here.

If my heart ever gives me trouble, I'll pull it out of my chest and pour coffee on it and tell it to GET BACK TO WORK!

(kith)
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Phlegm » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:04 pm

Dimuza wrote:the 'electric eel' thing made me think hernia. that's what mine felt like

How do you know what an electric eel feels like? Did you ever touch one?
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Vincenti » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:47 pm

Sounds alot like the pains I got which caused me to go to the hospital and end up with 6 bypasses. if it is upper LEFT abdomen, dont wait go now!
The object of life is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to come screaching in to the grave sidelong in a beatup wreck of a body, loudly proclaiming "WOW What a ride!"
Vincenti
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Previous

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum