oh help :/

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

oh help :/

Postby leah » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:32 am

okay so for almost a week now, i've been having these really weird pains in my stomach. it just always hurts and feels weird; the only way i've been able to truly describe how it feels is to say that it seems like there're electric eels swimming about in my stomach. my mom thinks maybe i have an ulcer; i suppose that's feasible but i guess i'd like to get other opinions or theories? i will go to a doctor as soon as i can afford it (if the problem persists) but i'm open to ideas and/or suggestions or thoughts on wtf is wrong with me.

p.s. no i'm not pregnant.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:38 am

It sounds like an ulcer to me.

I've had ulcers since 1996...

Get it checked out, it's more serious than people will lead you to believe.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Arlos » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:31 am

Possible it's your appendix as well, assuming you still have it. Neither one of us are experts though, so go see someone ASAP. You're in college, yes? Go in to student health and see them, they ought to be able to give you an idea of what it is and is not.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:01 pm

Definetly get to the doctor. I had pains when I was in college the first time. They were kind of like really severe cramps, but it wasn't my time, and it wasn't gas. I put ff going to the hospital until my boss literally threatened to fire me if I didn't go. I went, and I had ovarian cancer. If I would have waited another day I could have died, my ovary was the size of a softball.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby DangerPaul » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:21 pm

pregnant
DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:23 pm

When you say stomach do you mean your abdomen (intestinal area) or up by your ribs?

I'm curious. :)
Last edited by Martrae on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Insanityfair » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:28 pm

When I had to have my appendix removed, I had stomach pains but it was really mostly on the right side, just below the belly button, I don't recall it being all over. But I agree with the group, get it checked, because really all we can do is guess, and better to make sure it isn't something bad.
Insanityfair
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:35 pm

DangerPaul wrote:pregnant
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Ouchyfish » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:36 pm

lyion wrote:
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:40 pm

Ouchyfish wrote:
lyion wrote:
DangerPaul wrote: not pregnant
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:42 pm

kizzy is pregnant too? Damn.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:11 pm

up by my ribs, like my actual stomach.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:24 pm

There's no reason to NOT get it checked out honestly.

If you want to avoid almost 10 years of possible pain and major health issues now, get it checked out.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Donnel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:48 pm

Could be gallbladder related too, very common with our current generations love of fried foods.
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:46 pm

Probably an ulcer....got a decent free (or cheap) clinic around there? I know in my podunk town they have one that's got sliding fees based upon income or something like that.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:51 pm

actually if it doesn't start feeling better in the next couple of days (like today it's not TOO bad) i'm gonna get it checked out before i stop being covered by my mom's insurance. also on the docket: wisdom teeth :(
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby DangerPaul » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:18 pm

DangerPaul
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Martrae » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:21 pm

Pain is too high. :)
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:30 pm

if its upper right quadrant it could be gall bladder.. does it happen after you eat a fatty meal? Does it radiate to your back and side at all? Just go to the Dr. Don't mess around.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:20 pm

the mom and i have been poking around on the internets, matching up symptoms and whatnots, and we've come up with either ulcers, acid reflux disease, or IBS. yay.

yes i will go to a doctor in a day or two.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby leah » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:39 am

although

stacy got me thinking about my gall bladder

so i looked up gallstones and the symptoms of an attack are pretty much what happened to me the other night:

What are the symptoms?

Symptoms of gallstones are often called a gallstone "attack" because they occur suddenly. A typical attack can cause

* steady pain in the upper abdomen that increases rapidly and lasts from 30 minutes to several hours
* pain in the back between the shoulder blades
* pain under the right shoulder
* nausea or vomiting

Gallstone attacks often follow fatty meals, and they may occur during the night. Other gallstone symptoms include

* abdominal bloating
* recurring intolerance of fatty foods
* colic
* belching
* gas
* indigestion

People who also have the above and any of following symptoms should see a doctor right away:

* chills
* low-grade fever
* yellowish color of the skin or whites of the eyes
* clay-colored stools

Many people with gallstones have no symptoms. These patients are said to be asymptomatic, and these stones are called "silent stones." They do not interfere with gallbladder, liver, or pancreas function, and do not need treatment.
[Top]

(from digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gallstones/)

the chills and low-grade fever, plus sudden intense pain and whatnots are what really stand out to me. wednesday night/thursday morning i couldn't get to sleep because i couldn't stop shaking from the chills and couldn't get warm... though my fever was only 99.4 (which is up from my normal body temp of 97.9). and from about 2 a.m. until about 10:30 or so is when the stomachy pains i've been talking about were at their worst, in my upper abdominal region, mostly in the middle but slightly to the right. stacy, KILL, you're the resident gall bladder problem experts. thoughts?

allow me to reiterate, i AM going to see a doctor. now i'm just kind of speculating for fun.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Ouchyfish » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:25 am

If it was gallstones I don't think you'd be sitting there casually posting about it feeling like something in your belly, rather you'd be asking who the fuck just stabbed you with a Bowie Knife. I could be wrong though-my memory of my wife having them is hazy.

My heart goes out to ya if they have to take that fucker out...wife still has 3 visible scars. (the fourth was actually concealed. (her belly button).
Lyion wrote:If Hillary wins Texas and Ohio, she'll win the nomination.

Tossica wrote:Seriously, there is NO WAY Sony is going to put HD-DVD out of the game.
Ouchyfish
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:59 am

Yeah, you wouldnt call it a "pain" if it was gallbladder. I wanted to die and the first time it happened, I was sure I was going to.
I never had chills, fever, bloating, anything. Just crazy ER running pain. The first time I went, they actually thought it was just indegestion and gave me some Maylox (I really forget and that's as close and I can remember)
4 hours later I am rushed back in, same pain and they figure it was gas and did sonos and stuff (they even tryed to check my baby's sex, since we still didnt know at that point, but they werent any luckier than my regular sonotech)

Anyway, if, for some reason it is gallbladder and you have it removed, take a week off and find a recliner, you will sleep there since getting up from laying down puts so much strain on ab muscles.

Fish, my belly button scar is still there, darker than the rest of my skin. All of my scars are, and the big one, the first one, right below the boob is actually raised quite a bit. Your wife is lucky at least one of hers is gone lol
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Donnel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:54 am

leah wrote:stacy got me thinking about my gall bladder

Donnel wrote:Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:48 pm

Could be gallbladder related too, very common with our current generations love of fried foods.

liquidstayce wrote:Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:30 pm

if its upper right quadrant it could be gall bladder.. does it happen after you eat a fatty meal? Does it radiate to your back and side at all? Just go to the Dr. Don't mess around.

Harrumpf
<a href="http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?384300">Treston</a>
Donnel
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:43 am

lol sorry donnel, you too :wub:
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Next