Diet/Weight Loss Pills?

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Harrison » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:31 pm

Losing weight isn't hard work at all :dunno:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Adivina » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:55 pm

Maybe Advina will explain a little bit about how Aryylas truly lost 75 pounds, because it sure as hell isn't off of any pills. It's hard work, but it depends on how bad you want it.

He did not use pills. However he had a major benefit (albiet an unhealthy one), besides starting to eat less and eat better, he was pretty sick for a while so it killed his appetite for anything, also starting smoking curbs your appetite a lot too, right around when he started smoking is when the weight loss started. (granted getting cancer is worse than being a bit overweight so good lord don't smoke please, I wish Aryy would quit for his own good. ><).

He also started to be more active. Pick a hobby, it doesn't matter if its not going to the gym, anything that involves moving around will help. Hell, for a while Aryy played DDR a lot and you would not believe how many calories that burns. Also it was something he enjoyed and would do with friends so he would end up working out for 3 hours without even realizing it because time would go by quick. His legs got jacked from it, it toned his legs just as well if not better than how my playing soccer and doing Tae Kwon Do toned mine.

Exercising doesn't have to be a chore. Find something you enjoy and it will help for sure, be it rollerblading, taking the dog for a brisk walk, or riding your bike. Also remember everyone hits plateaus in their body weight where for a long time, you will not lose weight. Keep in mind that muscle weighs a good deal too, so you may very well be losing fat and getting into shape but it does not reflect on the scale because as you lose the weight from body fat you gain weight in muscle mass.

Good motivator - find someone you enjoy and work out with them. I know going for a long walk with Meiko is always more enjoyable when Aryy's mother comes with me, good conversation and company makes everything more bearable.
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:32 pm

Harrison wrote:Losing weight isn't hard work at all :dunno:

Depends on the person dude. Sometimes metabolism works against a person in an unforgiving way.
Jay

Postby Jazendar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:03 pm

I don't know of any grown men who get together in their living rooms and play DDR, but hey if it helps lose weight, that's great, heh. Get an Ipod if you don't already have one, or some type of portable music and go jogging, or like advina said, pick a hobby that's interactive physically. It can be a lot of hard work depending on what route you go, but it could also be fun. I've never had to "lose" weight but i've had to put it on, that's much harder imo. ><
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Darcler » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:05 pm

If I had the money I would go get a bike so I could ride it down the trails by the lake. But I dont. So I sit at home reading NT.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Adivina » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:14 pm

Jazendar wrote:I don't know of any grown men who get together in their living rooms and play DDR, but hey if it helps lose weight, that's great, heh. Get an Ipod if you don't already have one, or some type of portable music and go jogging, or like advina said, pick a hobby that's interactive physically. It can be a lot of hard work depending on what route you go, but it could also be fun. I've never had to "lose" weight but i've had to put it on, that's much harder imo. ><

He always thought it was gay, but one of our friend's younger brother ( The little brother 18 now I think this all happened like 2 years ago so we were younger. :P) and his friends played it a lot. One day they convinced him to try, and his I-have-to-win mentality set in and he had to make sure he could own them. It was a phase, but hey it started the whole process and got him motivated to better himself, so whatever works. :P
Donnel wrote:

Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:21 pm

Now only if he could quit smoking so I could have a jogging partner...
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Adivina » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:23 pm

Yeah I wish he would quit, its not good for him! Its a shame because he is getting in such good shape and that just kinda reverses everything he is doing for himself.
Donnel wrote:

Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Minrott » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:54 am

Hydroxycut was the only thing I ever tried that made a difference, and it was minor for me. I think most of it was I worked harder to try and burn off all the caffeine high like energy.
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Oofdaa » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:51 am

I'm sure your talking about Metabolife Darc. I tried that crap a long time ago and felt like I was spun out. I remember my friend taking it at the same time and had viscious mood swings. Bad stuff.
Oof~
Oofdaa
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Diekan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:54 am

Losing weight can be tough, especially with the types of foods that make up the American diet. Everything is freaking loaded with sugar and other shit.

You have to do cardio - there's no way around it. You have to cut back on your calories too. I think alot of "nutritionalist" information is mostly BS. Some VERY bored people out there with nothing better to do then come up with new and improved theories on this or that...

It's all about calories.

If I needed to lose weight, this is what I would do:

Reduce my calorie intake to about 1500 per day, or less. Now, I know a lot of people say that's not healthy for you - but that's BS. None of us are living on a "farm" back in the 1800's where we're up at dawn pushing a plow behind a pack of mules. Today's human doesn't need as many calories that we did back then - but our eating habits haven't changed much.

In fact there is research now saying that a seriously reduced calorie diet may increase your life span.

Of course by restricting your calorie intake a great deal will cause your body to into starvation mode in which your metabolism slows and you store the majority of everything you eat - enter Hydroxycut. I'd use Hydroxycut to keep my metabolism up.

During all this I'd be doing cardio at least 4 times a week - increasing the intensity and length of time of activity each week.

Do that and you'll be quite suprised how quickly the weight melts away.

At first - yes - it's going to suck. You're going to feel starved because you're not eating a gazillion calories per day. After a few days though, you'll get used to it - and in fact - you'll get to a point when you're not hungry all the time and when you do eat you'll find that you'll feel full after eating half the quantity you once did. Shit food like McDonald's wont even appeal to you anymore.

The problem is that while the above WILL work, people won't commit to a lifestyle change. They'll lose the weight and slowly resort back to their old eating habits - and eventually put the weight back on again. Once you've lost it you have to change your eating habits for good.

Lose weight because you want to. Because it's healthy and your life does depend on it. It can make the difference between dying at 65 or living into your +80's.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Previous

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum