Diet/Weight Loss Pills?

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Diet/Weight Loss Pills?

Postby Dylan » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:34 pm

I've been working out and dieting for a few months and while I do feel better I can't physically see any difference, is there anything I could take that would increase metabolism or just make me shed water weight so I get the feeling more that working out is doing something?[/i]
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:41 pm

You don't really "see" a difference most of the time, but I bet other people do bigtime.

I don't notice a difference in myself for the most part (except looking at the numbers).

But, a friend I haven't seen for months comes in and says right off the bat "Oh my God Josh is skinny now".

I promptly began to lift more, because "skinny" pisses me off.

Skinny to me = unhealthy.

So don't think nothing is happening just because you don't notice the gradual change personally.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby liquidstayce » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:46 pm

Sorry.. no magic pills. I got some magic beans I can sell you!
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Diekan » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:22 pm

A couple of guys at work are using Hydroxycut, and have lost an ass of weight with it. They've also said they feel more awake during the day (having more "energy").

There are a few suppliments that DO work during the weight loss portion of your haelth planning, BUT you STILL have to incorperate a lifestyle change, or all the weight you lost will come back (plus some).
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Markarado » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:05 pm

I suggest taking a picture of yourself on a weakly basis. You'll be very surprised when you compare the pictures. People don't notice themselves improving as they look at themselves in the mirror (I know I do after my workouts;p). I'm pretty sure you're making more progress than you think you are.

Also, if you're looking for a good program I suggest getting the book Fit For Life. I read it and have been doing the workout program for a few months now. I spent half the time I used to in the gym and achieve much greater results. Actually, I don't do the diet part suggested in the book. I eat whatever I want to while staying away from junk food for the most part. I also drink quite a lot which is something the book says you can't do when you want to lose fat. I've been losing fat while gaining muscle like crazy these last few months! I'm loving it!
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Markarado » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:29 pm

Sorry, the book is called Body For Life.... Not Fit For Life...
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jazendar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:09 am

Go to work out every dain a sweatshirt / sweat jacket, some sweatpants, and a beanie. I'm not kidding, it's the healthiest way you'll lose weight, and at the same time gain strength. I can give you somemore information if you need it, pm me.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Markarado » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:26 am

Losing water weight is pointless. You'll gain it back almost instantly drinking liquids. You can't avoid drinking liquids as it's very unhealthy.
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:40 am

About 5 years ago I lost 50 pounds.. I'm sure it was a combination of things, but I was using Hydroxycut at the time.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:47 am

The Body for Life system works very well.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:58 am

Regular ole diet and exercise did it for me. 1 hour a day isolation workouts + just watched what I was eating and I've lost 67 lbs since Nov 2004. I still eat a lot, I just keep away from soda and eat wheat bread instead of white and get light everything.
Jay

Postby Narrock » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:03 am

Jay wrote:Regular ole diet and exercise did it for me. 1 hour a day isolation workouts + just watched what I was eating and I've lost 67 lbs since Nov 2004. I still eat a lot, I just keep away from soda and eat wheat bread instead of white and get light everything.

And brown rice instead of white helps too.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:07 am

Fuck you racist. =P
Jay

Postby Markarado » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:13 am

I couldn't live without white rice. Then again I don't really have an option as I eat out for every meal. No one uses brown rice in Malaysia!
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Darcler » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:28 am

Gyps, you didnt feel cracked out while using Hydroxycut? And it wasnt hard to stop taking?

I cant remember what a friend of mine was taking, but it was like crack to her, it gave her "energy" but she became addicted. One of the big names in diet pills like Hydroxycut or Trimspa or something.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:05 am

I didn't; there were some that did make me feel like that.. yellow jackets I think, but those are basically legal speed, so not surprising.

Hydroxycut didn't have that crazy stuff in it as I recall
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Adivina » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:45 am

Like Harrison said, you won't notice the change, you see yourself everyday so its hard to notice change. Aryylas recently dropped about 75 pounds, neither he nor I noticed the change, but everyone else who was not with him everyday did. Try looking back on photographs, I can definetly see the change in Aryy when I did that.
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jazendar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:42 am

Taking pictures on a weak by weak basis is too much. They have a thing at the gym i go to workout at, where, they take a picture, and then 3 months down the road they take another one. It's a contest, the person who made the most progress won like 1200 for men and 800 for women. Make a contest with yourself, stay away from soda, you'll drop 30 pounds just off of water. Like I said, just wear a sweatshirt / pants / beanie and go hit the treadmill with some good music, and then do some bench (flat, incline, decline, flys, close-grip) and you'll notice some definite decreases in size and increases in strength. Split your workouts out, ie, mon-back, tue-chest, wed-legs, thursday off, friday -shoulders, saturday-biceps triceps etc. Squeeze in running, abs and forearms on all of those days except wednesday when you do legs.

Spend atleast an hour at the gym on each of those days, you'll be sore for the first week but you'll feel so much healthier and better about yourself by the third or fourth, that's when you start to notice a ton of difference. Good luck.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:42 am

75 lbs, good grief! you didn't notice??
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Dylan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:12 pm

Its just really frustrating for me, I'm not really fatty mcfatfat but I am 20-30 pounds overweight and I got sort of man-titty action that I can't stand and want to get rid of.

I work out over 90 minutes per session and I don't eat junk food or soda pop and I actually feel fatter.
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Keep doing cardio to burn off your moobs. I suggest the 20-minute 3x per week cardio program from body-for-life.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Dylan » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:01 pm

Maybe I'll just ask a shammy to cast shrink on parts of me =)
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:22 pm

maybe they'd do that for my lovehandles?? hehe

seriously, i've lost how much goddamn weight and i still feel fat. :dunno: as was already said, it's hard to see differences in yourself sometimes. plus it takes awhile for your mind to catch up with your body--it's been about a year since the drastic part of my weight loss and i still see a size 22 in the mirror instead of a 10.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Adivina » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:42 pm

leah wrote:75 lbs, good grief! you didn't notice??

When you are with someone everyday you generally don't notice gradual changes, besides the fact that he always wears baggy clothes so that also covers a lot of the body.

The one that boggles me the most is when you spend so much time with someone you don't notice the changes in their face as they grow and mature. For example when I look at pictures of Joey from when we were 15 I know he looks different now, but the whole time we have been going out you don't just stop and say one day WOW this person looks different, because the changes are so slow and you see them each day so you just adjust to it and don't notice. :P
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jazendar » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:54 pm

The first part to looking better is to be feeling better. If you're feeling better Dylan, you're most likely looking better but don't notice the changes, for the reasons Leah posted. Everyones mind is like that, i've grown a bit but I still think i'm skinny, it's just natural. Buy a scale, stick it in your closet, and check it once a week, if you drop more than 4-5 pounds per checking, you're in good shape.

The biggest problem with people wanting to lose weight is that they think it's a great idea for 3weeks to a month, and then the stop going to the gym but maybe once, or twice a week, which isn't enough. I wouldn't be telling you all of this info if it wasn't true. Maybe Advina will explain a little bit about how Aryylas truly lost 75 pounds, because it sure as hell isn't off of any pills. It's hard work, but it depends on how bad you want it.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Next

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum