High Blood Pressure

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

High Blood Pressure

Postby Samboa » Mon May 08, 2006 8:24 pm

I checked mine twice today, and it was around 160/75 both times.
So I know mine is high, but at what point do you head to the emergency room?
I've been having horrible headaches very regularly for the last year or so, like 3-4 times a week or more, and I think I've finally pinned down the cause.
:dunno:
I never really thought someone my age would get high blood pressure. . .ugh. I work out 4 times a week and eat healthy, I don't know what the deal is.
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Martrae » Mon May 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Quit eating salty foods and drink lots of water. Make an appointment with your doc.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Phlegm » Mon May 08, 2006 8:36 pm

160 is really high. Your blood pressure should be be less than 120/80.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Samboa » Mon May 08, 2006 9:15 pm

I really don't eat that many salty foods and I usually eat pretty healthy.
I plan on going to the doc tomorrow if he can fit me in the schedule. Both parents and two of my grandparents are on medication for high blood pressure, so I always assumed I would get it at some point, I just never imagined I would get it at an early age (18).

Oh well, I just want these headaches to go away.
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Darcler » Mon May 08, 2006 9:58 pm

I'm having awful headaches as well and my blood pressure is floating around...130 I think. Higher than normal.

Mine is all pregnancy related though.
Drink water. Lots of water. It helps everything :)
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Samboa » Tue May 09, 2006 3:19 pm

I went to the doc today and my BP was 128/81 :dunno:
They said they weren't stress related because I don't have pain in my neck or the base of my skull, they weren't vision related because they checked my vision, and since my BP was fine today and I have a headache they thought I could rule out BP issues. They want me to come back in for an MRI, and if that doesn't turn anything up they said I do biofeedback to relax my muscles.

Ugh, I'm back where I started.

P.S. I hope your headaches go away, and I hope the pregnancy is going well!
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Darcler » Tue May 09, 2006 3:26 pm

Do you eat right and take vitamins as well?

I'm sure your doctor would have said something about this, but sometimes, too much of a certain vitamin or something could give you wicked headaches.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Martrae » Tue May 09, 2006 3:31 pm

Where are the headaches centralized? Did they do a standard vision test or did they check to see if your eyes are working in unison as well?
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Samboa » Wed May 10, 2006 7:50 pm

The headaches are located basically between my temples. They checked both on vision, and I don't take any vitamins.
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Martrae » Wed May 10, 2006 9:51 pm

A doctor once told me that headaches on the top of your head are your eyes. Ones in the back and along the sides are stress and tension. Ones in the front are sinus.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Thu May 11, 2006 4:00 am

High blood pressure is what causes a stroke right?
Jay

Postby Samboa » Thu May 11, 2006 4:46 pm

I thought a stroke was a blood clot, I think high blood pressure causes aneurisms. Could be wrong though. . .And almost positive I spelled that wrong.
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Snero » Thu May 18, 2006 1:02 pm

there are tons and tons of causes for headaches, that whole "if it's here, this is the cause" is a pretty simplistic way of looking at things and would prob be true in most cases but not in all. One other pretty common source of headaches that can happen in your temples is if you clench your teeth. This can even happen when you sleep, the muscles in your jaw that go up into your head by the ears can get tired and cause headaches.
Snero
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum