Weight lifting supplements

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Weight lifting supplements

Postby DESX » Sat May 27, 2006 11:28 am

Was wondering what you guys took if anything for weightlifting. Im currently taking 3000mg of creatine ester and 3000mg of Arginine. The Creatine is to pull more water into the cells so they will have more volume and the Arginine Hemolidation fills the spaces in between with more blood which will give you a bigger pump. So far in taking both of them continuously for about a month my 4 pectoral sections (lower, mid, outer, and inner for which I concentrate on for bench pressing) do seem to be getting significantly denser and larger. Overall body wise I also seem to be getting some mass in my arms, legs, lats, tri, and traps.

Protein wise I also take about 60 grams of protein per day from a supplement, 4 cups of milk daily which is 6 grams each, 16 grams from egg whites, 40-50 from any meat that I might cook that day. If I go to a place like McDonalds I always get the biggest order of chicken selects that they have there which is about 72 grams of protein and 1000 calories.... not to worried about calories since my target intake is about 3.5k.

I also take a minimum of 65 ounces of water daily mainly for the creatine and arginine but also to help the glycogen.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Sat May 27, 2006 11:42 am

Go easy on the creatine. Creatine can mess up your joints if you use it for too long. Protein is the best supplement you can take. When I was lifting regularly I was also taking Calcium Pyruvate, Chromium Picolonate, and Testroxin Gel. The Gel gave pretty incredible strength and energy boosts, but don't use it for too long. You rub some on your arm about an hour before you work out, and it increases your testosterone levels. The first time I took it, a 35 pound dumbbell seemed like it weighed 10 pounds. It's really weird. I only took that stuff for about 3 months. It could have long term detrimental effects, so don't go crazy with it.

This is the stuff:

http://www.wellfx.com/Shop/Static/testroxin-gel.htm

It can also give you "bitch tits" if you use it for long periods of time. Try it for a couple months and then put it away.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby DESX » Sat May 27, 2006 12:03 pm

Narrock wrote:Go easy on the creatine. Creatine can mess up your joints if you use it for too long. Protein is the best supplement you can take. When I was lifting regularly I was also taking Calcium Pyruvate, Chromium Picolonate, and Testroxin Gel. The Gel gave pretty incredible strength and energy boosts, but don't use it for too long. You rub some on your arm about an hour before you work out, and it increases your testosterone levels. The first time I took it, a 35 pound dumbbell seemed like it weighed 10 pounds. It's really weird. I only took that stuff for about 3 months. It could have long term detrimental effects, so don't go crazy with it.

This is the stuff:

It can also give you "bitch tits" if you use it for long periods of time. Try it for a couple months and then put it away.

Hmm never heard of that gel... might give it a try. Anyway im not to worried about the joints when im using creatine.... im worried about getting kidney failure like some people get from using it a long ass time =P.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: Weight lifting supplements

Postby Jimmy Durante » Sat May 27, 2006 12:03 pm

DESX wrote:not to worried about calories since my target intake is about 3.5k.

Wow.
Jimmy Durante
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Sat May 27, 2006 12:08 pm

DESX wrote:
Narrock wrote:Go easy on the creatine. Creatine can mess up your joints if you use it for too long. Protein is the best supplement you can take. When I was lifting regularly I was also taking Calcium Pyruvate, Chromium Picolonate, and Testroxin Gel. The Gel gave pretty incredible strength and energy boosts, but don't use it for too long. You rub some on your arm about an hour before you work out, and it increases your testosterone levels. The first time I took it, a 35 pound dumbbell seemed like it weighed 10 pounds. It's really weird. I only took that stuff for about 3 months. It could have long term detrimental effects, so don't go crazy with it.

This is the stuff:

Hmm never heard of that gel... might give it a try. Anyway im not to worried about the joints when im using creatine.... im worried about getting kidney failure like some people get from using it a long ass time =P.

Mark McGuire is having joint problems right now because of his immense creatine use over the years.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Sat May 27, 2006 12:10 pm

my target intake is 2k. I stay away from supplements unless they are for the most part natural, like protein, aminos, and just regular ole vitamins.
Jay

Re: Weight lifting supplements

Postby DESX » Sat May 27, 2006 12:40 pm

Jimmy Durante wrote:
DESX wrote:not to worried about calories since my target intake is about 3.5k.

Wow.

Yeah it's really not that much when you consider how many calories your body needs to effectivly get bigger. I was always told when weight lifting that if you wanted to weigh about like 185 of mostly muscle that you should eat like you were already 185, thats the biggest mistake most people make they eat the same as they normally do, but you have to boost your calorie intake to get any bigger.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby DESX » Sat May 27, 2006 1:53 pm

Narrock wrote:
DESX wrote:

This is the stuff:

Mark McGuire is having joint problems right now because of his immense creatine use over the years.

lol yeah that and proly all the steroids. But I am taking it easy on the creatine im only taking 3000mg. There is this one called celltech that shit has 10000mg which is double what other creatine brands offer was gonna buy that but I dont feel like having kidney failure atm.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Sat May 27, 2006 1:56 pm

A lot of power lifters also take cranberry vitamins and "liverite" to help their livers while they are taking "supplements."
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum