Thermogenics

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Thermogenics

Postby Narrock » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:25 pm

There's a lot of negative side effects associated with thermogenics, and for good cause. Prior to the ban on ephedra, many people were getting strokes and heart attacks and dying because of it. There are some new ephedra-free products on the market, and I did a little bit of research on them. I tried one that was called Xenedrine, but made me nervous and shaky as hell, followed by a tremendous headache. I just bought one at bodybuilder.com called Xelerate by Xyience. So far, so good after 3 days. It is loaded with caffeine and green tea extract and makes you feel very energetic without the side effects. Does anybody know anything about this stuff?

Any comments from Mop or Stayce would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Thermogenics

Postby DESX » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:15 pm

Narrock wrote:There's a lot of negative side effects associated with thermogenics, and for good cause. Prior to the ban on ephedra, many people were getting strokes and heart attacks and dying because of it. There are some new ephedra-free products on the market, and I did a little bit of research on them. I tried one that was called Xenedrine, but made me nervous and shaky as hell, followed by a tremendous headache. I just bought one at bodybuilder.com called Xelerate by Xyience. So far, so good after 3 days. It is loaded with caffeine and green tea extract and makes you feel very energetic without the side effects. Does anybody know anything about this stuff?

Any comments from Mop or Stayce would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Take it from me that I have tried 4 way testosterone boosters, Creatine both ester and mono, Arginine hemolidators, and 1 thermogenic product, and various proteins. You might want to be careful with that crap I used one called Thermogenix and after a while that shit made my heart race very quickly for a while and I would start to sweat, dont think that is very good really.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Xaiveir » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:20 pm

I know alittle about it. Im hesitant at best, its break into the market is eerily similiar to how ephedra broke in. It is a drug that does stimulate the central nervous system, and raising body temperature to burn fat. For me while it sounds great and tests shown that it does work, they just havnt had enough time to get long term effects from it.

To me anything that is altering the central nervous system im going to stay away from. Its just not healthy imho.

Out of curiousity Erik what are your goals with it? Do you need help with weight loss or fat burning ? Or is it for the extra kick that it gives you energy wise? Because imho there are much safer meathods to do both. Im just so hesitant with any drugs at all to achieve what i want.

If it is fat burning/slimming there are so many other things to do that i would try first. Actually counting calories and working out 30 minutes a day (hell walking for 30 minutes a day is great for you and will burn fat). Eating right is what will make a HUGE difference.

So expand alittle more on what you want to achieve from it and i think i can help you more. :hiphop:

Sorry had to use that emicon....hadnt had a chance too yet.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:31 pm

Yeah, well I did the body-for-life program before and it works very well. Unfortunately, as we age, our metabolism slows down significantly. Quitting smoking, getting older, having an office cubicle job, and stopping the work-outs made me gain some weight. I'm not "fat" by any stretch, but I would like to lose 20 pounds. I don't want to join a gym right now because I may be making a career change that wouldn't allow me to attend a gym on a regular basis. I've been doing calisthenics, and combination of brisk-walking /jogging 3 times per week. I take a few vitamins, eat a lot of fruit and veggies, and now I've added this thermogenic compound, which is just one capsule daily. It doesn't make my heart race at all. It just makes me feel very energetic with no burn-out, fatigue or headaches or anything negative on the wind-down.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby liquidstayce » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:59 pm

Belive it or not berries are a natrual thermogenic Eric. Good to have some blueberries mixed in with your shakes. As far as any sort of other pills they give a nice little energy kick for a workout but don't expect them to have much impact on your metabolism. I have some green tea extract tabs I've taken. Tried the EAS and all of the assorted other ones over the years pre and post ephedra. Also some other ones I brought home but really you won't get the bang for your buck and they are pricey. Do what you know from BFL: Keep it simple, buy more whey, oats, cottage cheese, etc and don't waste the $$$.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Narrock » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:05 pm

liquidstayce wrote:Belive it or not berries are a natrual thermogenic Eric. Good to have some blueberries mixed in with your shakes. As far as any sort of other pills they give a nice little energy kick for a workout but don't expect them to have much impact on your metabolism. I have some green tea extract tabs I've taken. Tried the EAS and all of the assorted other ones over the years pre and post ephedra. Also some other ones I brought home but really you won't get the bang for your buck and they are pricey. Do what you know from BFL: Keep it simple, buy more whey, oats, cottage cheese, etc and don't waste the $$$.

Thanks Stayce : )
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Mop » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:16 pm

ill post something tomorrow when im more awake and can read 2 sentences with out having ADD kick in and thinking OHH A SHINEY OBJECT
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum