It's that time again

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

It's that time again

Postby Dylan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:48 pm

I got off my work out routine for a while and gained some weight so today I'm starting up a Hydroxycut diet with lots of exercise and all that fun stuff.

However, while losing the extra pounds is all well and good I've never really been able to tone my muscles very well, if I flex really hard I can get them to show but nothing very impressive. I'm not talking big and beefy I just want to have some extra tone that gives the "Ooh thats sexy" sort of thing.

So I was wondering if any products like shakes, powders, or any kind of supplements that any of you guys have tried that worked well for you?

I'm pretty open for suggestions right now but I only have one concern and that is I don't really want to mix a muscle toning product that has a weight reducer effect with Hydroxycut, sort of overdoing it. But if anyone knows something that can tone and will go well with Hydroxycut I'd love to look into it.

Thanks all~
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Dylan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:49 pm

Oh... also I know its shitty but I want to try to get the best results as possible before Sept 6, cause I'm flying down to Houston and will be hitting up the clubs etc for two weeks. :hiphop:
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:58 pm

What's your weekly workout routine? Are you toning up for the girls? If so, a 3 day workout routine is just fine. Work on your back and tricep's one day, chest and biceps another and your abs and gluts on another. No one's really gonna look at your legs but you can throw that in there if you want a balanced workout. Typically work with lower weights and do reps of 15. Talk to your local trainer about form and maximizing your workout. Personally I prefer flys triceps and I keep it old school with bench press for my chest and curls for my biceps. For your abs grab the medicine ball and do crunches for the upper abs and for the lower I hang from the bar and do leg lifts. Don't pack on too much weight because it'll bulk you more than it will tone you.
Jay

Postby Dylan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:02 pm

I usually just do a walk around the gym and do whatever lifts I can until I'm about to pass out. I don't really use a set schedule, that'd probably help huh?
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:08 pm

Well, if you work out for like a solid hour a day and your form is correct your body will set a natural schedule for you ie your shit will hurt too much to work out till next week so you'll have to pick a different body part. Hydroxycut is good too. Try the new hydroxycut hardcore. 3 pills a day instead of 2 but I've had better results with it. Amino acid supplements and tons of water will help you with muscle pain too. Working out alone won't do it though, gotta eat well too. I try to eat the majority of my meals during breakfast and lunch and I'll have fruit at night. Lunch for me is normally a caesar salad with chicken and breakfast is usually toast, eggs and some sausage via the foreman grill (get the grease out).
Jay

Postby Tae-Bo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:03 pm

tone is nothing but a function of muscle mass vs fat mass

muscle will either grow or it won't, you won't get "big and bulky" all of a sudden, and you can't "tone" a muscle through lifting, other than losing fat to show what muscle is already there
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tae-Bo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:24 pm

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508031

do something like this, it's a pretty good beginners routine for someone who wants to put on more muscle (ask someone who looks like they know how to lift for help on deadlift/squat form, the last thing you want is to do those with bad form{or study on how to do them with good form, because even some guys who are in the gym forever still can't do them worth a shit})

and yeah get a protein supplement if you aren't getting enough meat/protein in your diet (you probably aren't)

if your body type is naturally skinny then being big and bulky will pretty much never be a concern for you unless you spend years lifting, so imo lift hard and smart with as much intent to get big and you'll find yourself looking "toned" in no time (well maybe)

oh yeah and eat right too, read that website for alot more info cus you need to build a good knowledge base to get to where you want to go, there's alot of misinformation out there
Last edited by Tae-Bo on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: It's that time again

Postby Diekan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:45 pm

Dylan wrote:I got off my work out routine for a while and gained some weight so today I'm starting up a Hydroxycut diet with lots of exercise and all that fun stuff.

However, while losing the extra pounds is all well and good I've never really been able to tone my muscles very well, if I flex really hard I can get them to show but nothing very impressive. I'm not talking big and beefy I just want to have some extra tone that gives the "Ooh thats sexy" sort of thing.

So I was wondering if any products like shakes, powders, or any kind of supplements that any of you guys have tried that worked well for you?

I'm pretty open for suggestions right now but I only have one concern and that is I don't really want to mix a muscle toning product that has a weight reducer effect with Hydroxycut, sort of overdoing it. But if anyone knows something that can tone and will go well with Hydroxycut I'd love to look into it.

Thanks all~

I am sure Mindia knows all about certain types of protien shakes that you might be interested in trying.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:07 pm

Wow, what a Zinger! :rolleyes:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tae-Bo » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:09 pm

begone children, men are speaking
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Diekan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:11 pm

Look, jacktwit... this entire board knows you're a closet meat smoker who hides behind the bible to cover his appetite for man meat. Just come out and say it. You'll feel so much better about yourself.

YOU are the one posting on here about how umm umm good drinking cowboy made man milk is...

Come on out of the closet... no one will laugh at you... no more than they already do.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Adivina » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:09 pm

YOU are the one posting on here about how umm umm good drinking cowboy made man milk is...

Link and/or quote please!? I seem to have missed this interesting thread.
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:29 pm

D. Duck wrote:tone is nothing but a function of muscle mass vs fat mass

muscle will either grow or it won't, you won't get "big and bulky" all of a sudden, and you can't "tone" a muscle through lifting, other than losing fat to show what muscle is already there

It isn't lifting when you do te exercises with high reps and light weights. The weights act as resistance and it creates more of a fat burning semi aerobic exercise. I guess you're right, but that's what I mean by tone.
Jay

Postby Jazendar » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:24 pm

I didn't read all the shit above, but don't do two workouts in one day, that's highschool crap. Split your workouts out across a 5 day period, more if you want.

For instance, my routine:

Everyday I do abs, other than abs, it's 15-20 sets per workout. 5 Different machines / freeweights.

Monday=Back, Ask your gym instructor about the different back routines, seated row, one arm row etc etc.

Tuesday=Chest, Flat bench, incline, decline, close grip, flys.

Wednesday=Legs, Squats, extensions, etce tc.

Thursday=off, you want time to rest after squats, your ass will hurt~

Friday=Shoulders, Front raises etc.

Saturday=Biceps / Triceps, curls, cable curls, hammerhead curls, etc etc.

Now, you have different weeks in which you do a different ammount of weight, light, middle, and heavy.

Week 1:

Light weight, you will do 4 sets, 10 reps each.

Week 2:

Middle weight, you will do 4 sets, 6-8 reps each.

Week 3:

Heavy weight, you will do 4 sets, 4-6 reps each.

Week 4:

Start light, do 10 reps, middle weight, 6-8, heavier weight, 4-6, heaviest, 4reps.

This is called the muscle confusion tecnique. You will gain a lot more definition, muscle mass, and strength using these steps. Keep in mind you always do abs on every day, between sets is a good way. Take lots of water, you'll need it.

If you don't want to commit to 5 days a week, take it 3 days or 4 days a week and combine the workouts.

Back / Biceps, Shoulders / Legs, Chest / Triceps, But keep in mind that you won't get as fluid of a workout, you'll only be doing 8 or so sets per workout, with a total of 15-20. You won't get as much definition and it will take you longer to progress because you're wearing yourself out by doing it. Also, take little to no time between sets. If you take too much time between sets then you're muscles will relax to much and then it takes more time for them to get back in the lifting mode. If you do a set of 10, wait 15-20 seconds, drink, 10 seconds again, and then begin your new set. Make em quick.

Duno if this helps, since most of my thoughts are scattered and i've gotta get going, but if you have any other questions let me know.

When you get done with your workout, go home, wait 20 mins, make a protein shake and relax. 30 minutes after that, eat like a hog. Oh and make sure you're lifting on an empty stomache.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Diekan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:51 am

D. Duck wrote:tone is nothing but a function of muscle mass vs fat mass

Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum