Morning After Pill

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Morning After Pill

Postby Phlegm » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:01 am

The FDA ruled today that women may buy the morning-after pill over the counter if they can show proof that they're 18 or older. Girls 17 and younger still will need a doctor's note to buy the pills.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:02 am

Thats cool. Will probably be WAY expensive.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:11 pm

Yipee.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Maeya » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:14 pm

It *needs* to be WAY expensive to prevent people from using it as a regular method of birth control.
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:27 pm

/agree

if you get yourself in that situation, you should have to at least endure the personal shame of going to family planning and getting one from a doctor there. it's not like it's expensive, but it'll sure make you think twice about doing something that would result in the need of another one.

hell if you go to family planning to get on birth control, they don't tell your parents AND it's only like $10 a month. i don't know why more people AREN'T on the pill, tbqh... fear of "mishaps" decreases (though jimmy hats are still a good idea), lessened cramps, bloating, moodiness, and acne... come on now.

yay for female needs being more readily met, but boo for the implications that will come with it (i.e., increase in already ridiculous levels of promiscuity among teenagers)
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tikker » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:10 pm

erm

there are easy to obtain herbal remedies to terminate a pregnancy that have been widely available for hundreds of years
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:34 pm

But but...if they were so easily available they would have put all the hanger manufacturers out of business when abortion was illegal!!!
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tikker » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:42 pm

Martrae wrote:But but...if they were so easily available they would have put all the hanger manufacturers out of business when abortion was illegal!!!

well

the herbal stuff only works really early on in the pregnancy

that, and people are stupid, and probably couldn't tell the difference between poison sumac and pennyroyal anyways
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:46 pm

Eh...solves the problem either way.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Phlegm » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:20 pm

Maeya wrote:It *needs* to be WAY expensive to prevent people from using it as a regular method of birth control.

Wholesale is 18.89 dollars a unit so retail is probably double that.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Diekan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:26 pm

I always get a kick out of the name "Family Planning."
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Phlegm » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:38 pm

Diekan wrote:I always get a kick out of the name "Family Planning."

Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:12 am

Diekan wrote:I always get a kick out of the name "Family Planning."

Me too. Talk about irony... Planned Parenthood terminates more pregenancies than any other organization. Bunch of sick assclowns.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jay » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:47 am

Maeya wrote:It *needs* to be WAY expensive to prevent people from using it as a regular method of birth control.

It's called a fist or a dropkick to the breadbasket.
Jay

Postby Harrison » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:53 am

Or "don't be flinging your dick around when you can't handle children"?
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby xKALECx » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:02 am

This is rediculous. In some cases, this can cause a lot more harm than good. Both physically and psychological. I have always refused to give it. They can go to their own doctor and get it. I'll never have that resting on my shoulders.
Kalec Brotherwolfe - Retired Hierophant of EQ
xKALECx
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Narrock » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:22 am

xKALECx wrote:This is rediculous. In some cases, this can cause a lot more harm than good. Both physically and psychological. I have always refused to give it. They can go to their own doctor and get it. I'll never have that resting on my shoulders.

Some feminazi-activist said on the news today that the morning after pill was "completely harmless", and that the "safety evidence for it is overwhelming." She also said it should be made available to all females no matter what their age, with no doctor's note or parental consent.

What planet are these people from? My God.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Phlegm » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:48 am

Narrock wrote:
xKALECx wrote:This is rediculous. In some cases, this can cause a lot more harm than good. Both physically and psychological. I have always refused to give it. They can go to their own doctor and get it. I'll never have that resting on my shoulders.

Some feminazi-activist said on the news today that the morning after pill was "completely harmless", and that the "safety evidence for it is overwhelming." She also said it should be made available to all females no matter what their age, with no doctor's note or parental consent.

What planet are these people from? My God.

Not from Pluto for sure since it planet status had been unilaterally revoked by earthlings.
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:07 am

So l ets play hte scenario game. Responsible female adult can't take BC pills or the patch or the shot. For whatever reason. She uses condomns religiously. One night one breaks with the man that she has been dating for 5 years. They don't want children. So she takes this pill to be sure. WHat is the harm in that.

The peoblem with this issue is that most people are judging everyone without knowing the full story. So what if they se it as a form of birth control. It's their lives, and alot better than getting an abortion every 3-6 months.

You people all need to chill out and let people live their own lives.

And you, Kalec, what right do you have to refuse this to anyone. It's part of your job. People trust doctors to do the right thing based on their patients need, not to use their own judgement based on their own opinions.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Evermore » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:31 am

The Kizzy wrote:So l ets play hte scenario game. Responsible female adult can't take BC pills or the patch or the shot. For whatever reason. She uses condomns religiously. One night one breaks with the man that she has been dating for 5 years. They don't want children. So she takes this pill to be sure. WHat is the harm in that.

The peoblem with this issue is that most people are judging everyone without knowing the full story. So what if they se it as a form of birth control. It's their lives, and alot better than getting an abortion every 3-6 months.

You people all need to chill out and let people live their own lives.

And you, Kalec, what right do you have to refuse this to anyone. It's part of your job. People trust doctors to do the right thing based on their patients need, not to use their own judgement based on their own opinions.

Full story or not, life begins at conception. No one really knows when a unborn child becomes sentient. now the question is not "should abortion of any type be legal" Yes it should. No government should have the be able to remove the right to choose. The question should be, " Do you realize what you are doing and can you live with the consequenses?" Responsibilty needs to be taught and passed on. this has been made way too easy a choise.

oh and Kissy while you are partially correct a doctor legally does have the right to refuse a treatment he feels is incorrect or medically unnecessary. Medicine is based on knowledge and opinion. Remember the doc also has to live with his decisions as well as the patient.
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:37 am

I just donated all my goat points to Kalec for doing the right thing. High-Five, brutha!
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:44 am

I hope he gets sued and fired.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Jay » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:13 pm

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for the rest.
Jay

Postby Tikker » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:32 pm

Evermore wrote:
Full story or not, life begins at conception. No one really knows when a unborn child becomes sentient.

life begins when it can survive outside the womb, otherwise you might as well give warts the same rights as a blastula
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:51 pm

Here we go again with the whole when life begins scenario. Im bowing out, Im not going through this for the 193729737th time. Nothing you can say will change my opinion, and vice versa.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Next

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum