Eating at night...

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Eating at night...

Postby Adivina » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:29 pm

Is eating at night really that detrimental to a diet? I am trying to tone up and lose about 15 pounds, and everywhere I read I notice not to eat anything after 8pm or not to eat anything within three hours of when you will go to bed.

During the day I have no problem not eating a lot, but at night I know I for one get hungry as a fucking bear in heat, matter of fact as I right this I am snacking on some cheerios. ><
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Rotj » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:38 pm

i eat before i sleep every night. it's mostly a protein source + vegetables or something tho. just keep a lookout on how much you eat before you sleep. not too much but not too little. if you workout hardcore, you've gotta keep on eating. body repairs itself at night, etc. you won't put on weight if you haven't exceeded your daily calorie expenditure. the past 11 weeks i've lost 6.5 pounds of fat and maintained muscle.

and yeah cheerios ftl ;(
Rotj
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Re: Eating at night...

Postby Diekan » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:18 pm

Adivina wrote:Is eating at night really that detrimental to a diet? I am trying to tone up and lose about 15 pounds, and everywhere I read I notice not to eat anything after 8pm or not to eat anything within three hours of when you will go to bed.

During the day I have no problem not eating a lot, but at night I know I for one get hungry as a fucking bear in heat, matter of fact as I right this I am snacking on some cheerios. ><

Picturing you in heat is big time whacking material.

On a side note - when you sleep your metabolism generally slows down, thus the energy you've consumed previously gets stored as fat, which is why they say never eat past a certain time of night.

However, you should calculate the total number of calories you burn in a 24 hour period and the total number of calories you eat. Make the number of calories you eat less than what you're burning and you'll lose weight - regradless if you eat at night or not.

I typically burn about 3,000 a day and I only eat about 2000 or so. I eat at all hours of the night and still have a flat stomach.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Darcler » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:45 am

Good snacks to eat would be like a couple crackers and some peanut butter or cheese and half an apple or some grapes.
Or a container of yogurt.
Or some cottage cheese *hurl* and some fruit.

Something with protein,a tad of fat to help beak it down and a sugar to keep your blood sugar up during the night, but a natural sugar (fruit) so it breaks down evenly through the night....not just cheerios :)
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Adivina » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:01 pm

Darcler wrote:Good snacks to eat would be like a couple crackers and some peanut butter or cheese and half an apple or some grapes.

Something with protein,a tad of fat to help beak it down and a sugar to keep your blood sugar up during the night, but a natural sugar (fruit) so it breaks down evenly through the night....not just cheerios :)

Yeah I have all of the above things in my fridge, I was just a bit tired of them all and the honey nut cheerios looked yummy for my snacky. :P One can only eat so many cottage cheese servings before they yack lol.
Donnel wrote:

Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:11 pm

Adivina wrote:
Darcler wrote:Good snacks to eat would be like a couple crackers and some peanut butter or cheese and half an apple or some grapes.

Yeah I have all of the above things in my fridge, I was just a bit tired of them all and the honey nut cheerios looked yummy for my snacky. :P One can only eat so many cottage cheese servings before they yack lol.

Cottage Cheese with apples sliced into 8ths ftw
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Darcler » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:40 pm

Cottage Cheese ftl. Yuck.

Have some string cheese and a slice of deli meat or something. I'm trying to remember what I had to eat for snacks to give you ideas.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Tikker » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:17 pm

Adivina wrote:Is eating at night really that detrimental to a diet? I am trying to tone up and lose about 15 pounds, and everywhere I read I notice not to eat anything after 8pm or not to eat anything within three hours of when you will go to bed.

eating after 8pm is one of the biggest myths out there

don't worry about it

weight gain/loss is 100% about metabolism vs caloric intake (and no, your metabolism doesn't slow down at night)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:49 pm

Storing vs. burning makes sense though. Eating throughout the day will help you burn the food throughout the day's activities. My big meal is usually lunch and dinner is a pb + j or a pop tart.
Jay

Postby Adivina » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:13 pm

I'm sure it can't be that great as far as calories go, but good god I just revisted peanut butter and bannana sandwiches.... TEH YUM!

Plus the peanut butter holds me over a lot better than a damn yogurt does. *grumpy face here*
Donnel wrote:

Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Adivina » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:16 pm

PS. Snack suggestions are great Darc! If anyone else has snack/meal suggestions I am all for it.

My weakness is portion control, I should start measuring what I eat to get an idea, because I have no issue eating good, I like healthy food, I just get really hungry.

I don't have a ton of weight to drop, like I said maybe about 15 pounds just to tone up and make my tummy nice and flat again, but its still frustrating. My main problem is that I take paxil for anxiety and birth control pills for well... NO BABIES. Paxil causes drastic changes to your metabolism ><
Donnel wrote:

Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:43 pm

I like pickled Carrots as a snack~
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:23 pm

I threw up just a little bit there :puke:

Granola + yogurt is pretty good.

I'm about to eat a granola bar. Oats n Honey. Mmm
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Tikker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:48 pm

Darcler wrote:I threw up just a little bit there :puke:

over the pickled carrots?

they're not pickled dill stylez

it's more like chili's, red pepper, lots of garlic, etc etc
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:08 pm

Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:09 pm

:eyecrazy:
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:55 am

Tikker wrote:Image

Yup, I barfed.

When I hear "pickled vegetables" I think of the big jar of pickled eggs and relive the most disgusting experience I have ever witnessed.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Adivina » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:37 am

Harrison wrote:

Make crazy faces at me Harrison, unlike Aryy you don't see me naked, trust me I have lost my happy swimmer body when I put on weight. (I needed to gain the weight for sure, but now I gotta tone up thanks! Its nice to not be 90lbs anymore and have everyone ask me if I'm anorexic.)

Darc - I love me some yogurt and granola.
Donnel wrote:

Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Adivina » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:38 am

PS - Please share said disgusting experience with us Darc!
Donnel wrote:

Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Darcler » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:48 am

It involved a LARGE jar of pickled eggs, two "men" trying to prove they were more macho and LOTS of drinking.
Later came the most foul and projectile vomit....Exorcist had nothing on this....

That's all I will go into, I dont wanna relive it fully :(
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:41 am

Adivina wrote:
Harrison wrote:

Make crazy faces at me Harrison, unlike Aryy you don't see me naked, trust me I have lost my happy swimmer body when I put on weight. (I needed to gain the weight for sure, but now I gotta tone up thanks! Its nice to not be 90lbs anymore and have everyone ask me if I'm anorexic.)

Darc - I love me some yogurt and granola.

Whatever you do don't lose the tit weight. Those are just right.
Jay

Postby Adivina » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:54 pm

Trust me, I am doing my pec flies and shit, there shall be no boobie loss.

I just went and got bras that fit me for once, I refuse to change sizes again.
Donnel wrote:

Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Diekan » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:02 pm

you should post nude pics of them now... and every so often so we can help you ensure that no lossage is taking place.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:08 pm

Darcler wrote:
Tikker wrote:Image

Yup, I barfed.

When I hear "pickled vegetables" I think of the big jar of pickled eggs and relive the most disgusting experience I have ever witnessed.

pickled eggs are a whole other kind of beast

ps, eggs aren't vegetables ;)
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:21 pm

It's the word "pickled". Pickled anything makes me think of pickled eggs. :puke:
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Next

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum