Eating at night...

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby araby » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:51 pm

I lost most of my weight doing The Firm and running. initially I went from 160 (after childbirth) to 145 where I stayed for a few years. By the time I was 25 or 26 I was at 135. Size 8-10, sometimes 12, and while people always seemed to comment about how skinny I was, I just knew I wasn't. they were just comparing themselves to me. I had never weighed in at 160 before, in my life, and so I knew even at 135 that it wasn't right. this is all through running/the firm..over time.

and then got to 120, which I consider my ideal weight because it's when I feel and look the best. maintenance is not so bad if you stay disciplined, but it's strange when you start eating food and can feel it go through your system when you never felt it before. which is how I lost the extra 15, it was mostly diet changes.

in strengthening my core, I began to be able to feel my food being digested...made me think a lot more about what I'm eating. so making sure I ate better was the best way to drop the extra 15, in combination with the firm/running.

now that I can't run or do high-impact anything-I switched to the med ball/pilates/strengthening floor work/stretches. I wasn't able to keep that extra five lbs off. I was at 125-feeling bloated and it was because I started over-eating again. It made the difference in how my clothes fit and how I felt. My stomach isn't that big anymore...and when I stretch it out it hurts and then I feel like shit all night. Can't imagine why I did that to myself every night for years...

anyway to close, I did get results with the firm, and I replaced their cardio with my running schedule and said no to fast food. and like triel said, eating portions in reverse (big breakfast, lunch, small dinner) is ideal for weight loss and maintenance.

for maintenance (I do cheat sometimes with food ><) all I do is the med ball and my own floor stretches/strengthening/positions...and it works for me. again-if I don't fuck it up with eating bad food. it makes the difference in five lbs at this point.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum