i built the ultimate gym in my garage for less than $500

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

i built the ultimate gym in my garage for less than $500

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:57 pm

power rack, oly barbell + 450 lb in plates, flat bench, rubber mats, plywood, chalk, jump rope

tonight i set my PR for deadlift while in my boxers barefoot and listening to squarepusher, with my cat staring at me in awe

i couldn't handle 24 hour fitness anymore, it's a fuckin hell hole and they still play fuckin c & c music factory there, i mean WTF???

yep im braggin about my gym
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:52 pm

I prefer going to the gym because I can work out while staring at hot chicks.
Jay

Postby araby » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:55 pm

Jay wrote:I prefer going to the gym because I can work out while staring at hot chicks.

not to claim to be one of them but you're the reason I won't go to the gym it makes me sick I'm not working up a sweat and working my ass off for you to look at me if that was my intention we'd go fuck but that's not what I went there for so stop staring and do your own thing
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: i built the ultimate gym in my garage for less than $500

Postby DESX » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:56 pm

D. Duck wrote:power rack, oly barbell + 450 lb in plates, flat bench, rubber mats, plywood, chalk, jump rope

tonight i set my PR for deadlift while in my boxers barefoot and listening to squarepusher, with my cat staring at me in awe

i couldn't handle 24 hour fitness anymore, it's a fuckin hell hole and they still play fuckin c & c music factory there, i mean WTF???

yep im braggin about my gym

We have a nice ass 26 million dollar Y here that just opened like 2 years ago with badass indoor and outdoor pool. So im good with that.
DESX
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tae-Bo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:05 pm

pft

*builds pool in garage*
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tae-Bo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:06 pm

Jay wrote:I prefer going to the gym because I can work out while staring at hot chicks.

i can put a mirror up that's good enough imo
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:07 pm

araby wrote:

not to claim to be one of them but you're the reason I won't go to the gym it makes me sick I'm not working up a sweat and working my ass off for you to look at me if that was my intention we'd go fuck but that's not what I went there for so stop staring and do your own thing

Jay's such a Pervy small cocked Asian.

oh and insert a wink or nod or some other nerdy emote you people use so this doesn't seem so nasty.

Or whatever maybe it's supposed to be nasty.
Last edited by Zanchief on Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tae-Bo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:07 pm

araby wrote:

is it really noticeable when guys are staring ???
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tae-Bo » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:09 pm

*peaks out from behind the treadmill*
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gidan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:19 pm

araby wrote:

I love when girls go to the gym in a sports bra and the smallest tightest pair of spandex shorts you can get, and then complain about people looking at them.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby araby » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:01 pm

yah it's noticeable when it's noticeable. gawking is so rude, no matter what someone is wearing.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:39 pm

araby wrote:yah it's noticeable when it's noticeable. gawking is so rude, no matter what someone is wearing.

bullshit

if you didn't want men looking you'd be wearing fucking sweats and a hoodie

if skins exposed it's fair game
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby araby » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:14 pm

Tikker wrote:
araby wrote:yah it's noticeable when it's noticeable. gawking is so rude, no matter what someone is wearing.

bullshit

alright, have it your way. but she won't be hanging out with you later, because you're the weirdo that wouldn't stop staring at her.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:17 pm

araby wrote:
Tikker wrote:

bullshit

alright, have it your way. but she won't be hanging out with you later, because you're the weirdo that wouldn't stop staring at her.

uh... most chicks in a gym like being looked at.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby araby » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:30 pm

looked at is one thing-gawked at is another. (we already went through this)
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:14 pm

Lol no I don't obviously gawk and stare like a drooling retard. I look. Any guy who's ever been to a gym and denies that he looks at a girl wearing tight spandex and sports bras is lying or smokes tubesteak. Mission objective #1 is working out and getting fit but looking at women is another thing that motivates me to go to the gym.
Jay

Postby Mop » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:18 am

I started setting up a home gym right before deciding to move again across town

Currently have 100 lb heavy bag set up, jump rope ( heavy and speed) speed bag. 390 in plates, bowflex dumbless, old school bowflex * coat hanger imo * bosu ball and ladder/ cones.

want to finish offf with floor padding / new bench mainly.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Gargamellow » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:31 pm

i will probably have a gym one day...probably 10 years
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tae-Bo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:01 pm

Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jazendar » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:18 pm

You have sole purpose machines in there...You can do some flat bench, squats, deadlifts, shrugs and maybe some shoulders/back. Should have just gotten a multi purpose bench and some free weights. Could do all of the workouts with declining / inclining positions available, from flies to armed rows and hammer curls. Only prob with home built machine is the lack there of versatility wise with lower body lifts, because they are mostly sole purpose machines. I duno, nice gym i guess and stuff, i'll still pay my 40 a month to walk across the street to a place I enjoy with an ipod and have a serious variety on lifts each day.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tae-Bo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:49 pm

since im mainly concerned with athletic ability i dont do isolation exercises so i have no need for like 90% of the shit in a commercial gym

with that i can do, 1. bench press 2. deadlift 3. power cleans 4. snatch 5. push press 6. dips 7. pull ups 8. bent over rows 9. squat 10. rack pulls + a buncha other shit that gets covered in the main compound lifts anyway so i dont need to do them

i already had a gym membership and switching from that to this i didnt change my routine at all

flies = worthless for my goals, same with hammer curls, and barbell rows own "armed" rows any day of the week

and whats not pictured is my new multi purpose bench that can incline or decline, however i dont use the incline or decline because i have no need for it (i wasnt thinking clearly when i bought it)

it's not the gym thats lacking, it's your imagination and knowledge of lifts
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Narrock » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:53 pm

watch the deadlifts... you can blow out your knees if you do it wrong.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tae-Bo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:54 pm

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tae-Bo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:08 pm

my routine for the next few weeks cus im in a strength phase right now=

one day:
1. deadlift: warmup to 3 sets of 3 then 3 sets of heavy singles or doubles depending how i feel
2. push press 5 sets of 5

another day:
1. bench press warmups then 5 x 5
2. dynamic rows 3 x 6-8(look on youtube for video on how to do them
3. pull ups 3 sets of however many i can do

another day:
1. squat warmup then 8 set by 3 reps
2. dips 3 sets of however many i can do

then some days if im not ass tired i'll do explosive work with elastic bands on side twists and stuff, i also have an ab wheel that i do shit with (they own)

after i lift i usually spend up to 30 minutes stretching cus flexibility is super super important to me.. it's basically like a whole yoga routine

once my BJJ training picks up i'll probably cut down on alot of it and only do squats dips and pullups + a buncha yoga
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tossica » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:16 pm

Sooo, uh... like, where does the car go?
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Next

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum