The dreaded inner thighs

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

The dreaded inner thighs

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:18 pm

So, I'm not so foolish to believe spot training works - if focusing on one spot worked, my left arm would be ripped.

Some people know, but in 10th grade I was put on a medication that made me gain horrendous amounts of weight, and while most of it is gone there are parts of my body that I've never been able to get back.. namely, my thighs. Calves are fine, thighs are atrocious. What I would really like is an ideal exercise to start working on my legs - I know walking, obviously, but I need some good at home stretch exercises and muscle toning - be it a really good exercise dvd or something else.. anything that eliminates monotony and boredom, which I often get when exercising ><
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby araby » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:27 pm

keep your butt as tight as possible and stretch your legs/thighs inner and outer as often as possible. the "thighmaster" idea is perfect, it's just not something you have to buy that thing for. practice squeezing your thighs together and lifting up and in with your tummy while tightening your butt. it's combined with a pelvic thrust.

I do the ball between the knees thing as mentioned in another thread, 90 degree angle

lunges, plies, squats
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:27 pm

and dancing! in your own living room, even. my bf has a dance party at his house most nights after we go out. he always invites me, too.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:28 pm

also:
tight butt= toes pointed out heels togther
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Jay » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:27 pm

Inc perv Tossica post
Jay

Postby Xaiveir » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Type of workout you want to do is kind of based off of what your goal is. When you say your thighs are atrocious, do you mean they have alot of fat....or do you mean they just arnt toned, do they have lots of Cellulite.

If you are just looking to reduce fat and cellulite you need to work on burning calories. Running is a great way to help not only increase leg strenght, burn fat, and tone legs. However it is quite boring, boring as hell in fact. I would sugest doing yoga or or pillates. Both are great at burning fat, great at increasing flexibility, and toning. They also both are not boring at all.
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:37 pm

pics of inner thighs please so that we'll know what you are talking about better.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gargamellow » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:17 pm

leg lifts or squats
Gargamellow
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Minrott » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:34 pm

Lunges are the ultimate leg burners.
Molon Labe
Minrott
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tossica » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:11 pm

Jay wrote:Inc perv Tossica post

Tempting...
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Diekan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:58 am

The only way you're going to burn any fat away, regardless of what part of the body it is located - is with cardio... period.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:57 am

i have the same problem, gyps. no matter how much weight i've lost, my thighs are still disgusting. :\
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby liquidstayce » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:26 am

Thighs suck. Squats, Lunges + Cardio + Healthy Diet 99% of the time. If the skin is stretched out and you are down already to a low bf % then you either deal or can look into lipo or a thigh lift too.

I still am up around 30lbs more than I should be. Getting the last 30 off sucks. I'm moving to a highrise in downtown Bmore across from my hospital in 10 days. There is a great gym that even has an indoor pool and squash courts in the bottom of the building so looking forward to that soon as well as being able to sleep a little later and walking/biking everywhere instead of driving. Lately I've just been spinning at home for exercise. I'm am learning how to finally ski and eventually snowboard this season as well. I have a couple friends that are going through the ski instructor course in a couple weeks that are willing to teach me at a place about 45 minutes from me. Maybe you can also ski?

Hope you are all well.

XO,
S
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:46 am

I bet you guys all have great thighs but you all have fat chick mentality. Damn mindjobs.
Jay

Postby leah » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:04 pm

hehe i don't really think that skiing would be an option for me at least, living in eastern nebraska (hundreds of miles away from a mountain range). oh yeah, and i'm dirt poor.

at any rate, i do the best i can as far as diet and exercise go, but you bring up a good point--it's entirely possible that my skin is stretched out and i'm just plain boned. i will never be able to afford lipo or any kind of nip/tuck (hehe) or lift, either, so it's either keep on keepin' on, or just succumb to the fact that i will forever have crappy thighs. ;(
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:56 pm

I got this dance dvd I'm going to try.. I would love to do a pilates/yoga class but I'll be honest with myself and know I'm not motivated enough to drive 30 minutes to a gym.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby The Kizzy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:04 pm

I have about given up on my thunder thighs. I'll never be like the models on tv, no matter how much weight I lose, so why the fuck should I care?
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:38 pm

leah wrote:hehe i don't really think that skiing would be an option for me at least, living in eastern nebraska (hundreds of miles away from a mountain range). oh yeah, and i'm dirt poor.

I can't think of what the thing is called off the top of my head, but a lot of skaters use it to train, and it's great for the legs

it's basically a sliding mat, with a bumper at each end
you emulate the skating motion on it, sliding from one side of it to the other

it's about 6-8 feet wide, and 2 feet long
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tossica » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:41 pm

Spending more time doing synchronized bedroom jizznastics will take care of that thigh problem in a hurry.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:41 pm

hehe i remember those things . . . don't you wear this little booties, too? like the aerobislide or something silly like that hehe
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby 10sun » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:50 pm

leah wrote:hehe i don't really think that skiing would be an option for me at least, living in eastern nebraska (hundreds of miles away from a mountain range). oh yeah, and i'm dirt poor.

at any rate, i do the best i can as far as diet and exercise go, but you bring up a good point--it's entirely possible that my skin is stretched out and i'm just plain boned. i will never be able to afford lipo or any kind of nip/tuck (hehe) or lift, either, so it's either keep on keepin' on, or just succumb to the fact that i will forever have crappy thighs. ;(

Cross Country Skiing is 10X the workout that downhill skiing is. You ideally do that in wide open flat areas(read: Nebraska).

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:51 pm

okay now what can we do about the fact that i am skiing-retarded? :P
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby 10sun » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:55 pm

Find someone who does it that you know IRL and ask them to show you sometime.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tikker » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:47 pm

leah wrote:hehe i remember those things . . . don't you wear this little booties, too? like the aerobislide or something silly like that hehe

yes

and you wear socks, not booties, heh
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:55 pm

You could kill :boots: and make fur socks from him.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Next

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum