Ladies hairstyles

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Ladies hairstyles

Postby Jennay » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:56 am

I didn't know what category to put this in so here goes.

I'm bored and want your help :)

My hair situation: I have shoulder length brown hair, dark brown, with slightly warm and light toned highlights that I had done in December. Noone can tell I had them done, they sorta just blend in and look like I've spent the day outside in the sun. If I let it air dry, it gets curly...but usually I use Aveda's Hang Straight Marshmallow root, blow dry it and use a straightener. I follow up with Aveda smoothing serum for softness and shine. I either wear it straight with it parted slightly to the side or back in a ponytail....that's it :(

I need something that will look professional yet cute for the office or going out...maybe like different ways to part it, wear it, and/or pin back, what kind of product you'd recommend to use when I wear it curly, accessories, etc. If you have pics, I'll definitely look at em. I am off tomorrow and may even spend the evening in playing with my hair lol.

Times like this I wish I had some RL girlfriends to hang with :(
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Narrock » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:26 am

Puts some jizz in it like Cameron Diaz did in "There's Something About Mary."
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jennay » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:52 am

Lol yea, I love that movie. I should watch it this weekend.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:51 am

You're in luck, you have a smile that works.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:04 pm

Youre like me, I have wavy hair (not cute wavy, messy wavy) that must be straightened every morning. I use Fructise (sp? I dont want to get up to check it) Sleek and Shine serum, and blow straight. It normally gets it pretty straight with weird flippy dos at the end I cant straighten, but they look alright. I have to use a straight iron to get those bad boys out.
I currently dont have any sort of highlights or streaks or coloring in my hair. I decided that after 10 years of constant dyeing, I would let it rest a while. I am also working on just growing it out, which I am sure I will get frustated to all hell with and just cut it back to where I normally keep it (chin/shoulder length layered).

This post doesnt really have a point, I just dont have any girl friends either.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Tossica » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Girlfriends are all just catty cunts that are after your boyfriend/husbands anyhow.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:17 pm

Yeah, but they are good for things like this thread. I have my gay friends, but they arent *that* gay, like fashion sense gay, just buttlove gay, so I cant really ask them...besides my ex's boyfriend hits on Gid 100x more than any other girl friend I have had.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Gypsiyee » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:27 pm

Tossica wrote:Girlfriends are all just catty cunts that are after your boyfriend/husbands anyhow.

In jest or not, that's often true! at least the catty cunts part. male friends ftw.

my hair is very long (almost back to where I usually keep it after I cut all the dead away) but I don't really do my hair because 1. it takes ages to dry as is and 2. I'm just lazy when it comes to prettying myself. If it takes me more than 20 minutes to get ready, I'm really annoyed.

This winter has been absolute hell on my hair and I've literally had to leave the conditioner in my hair or it's been so dry that it would just break off in my hands if I ran my fingers through it.. but through doing that I've learned that leaving just a little bit of conditioner in my hair has done wonders for it and helps it with the straight and shiny aspect of it. My hair is naturally wavy also, the messy kind, and with the added length now it just looks better straight.

I can't ever leave it just all down because it's all sorts of in my face - so, with all that considered, typically I do the half pinned up a la:

I usually use something like http://www.goody.com/Products/Collectio ... temNum=768 and criss crossing them opposite ways to hold it back seems to work best for me.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Iccarra » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:40 pm

I got bored with my hair recently, too. I ended up going kind of an auburn just below the shoulders with long layers in it. I figure that I can style it or I can still put it all up if I want to get it off my face....plus I can keep most of it out of the little one's grasp.

Just a thought...

or shorter and sassier if you are considering getting it cut...

Good luck!
Iccarra
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:08 pm

I hear Britney Spears has a cool new do.
Jay

Postby 10sun » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:09 pm

For the record, I'd fuck Rachel Ray.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:18 pm

She has oddly shaped tits.
Jay

Postby Jennay » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:49 pm

I <3 Rachael Ray

Yea my hairstyle now is just like hers in that pic there only my hair is darker browns.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Gypsiyee » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:03 pm

I used to be a big fan of hers too, but now I'm just annoyed with the talk show she has. She's a cook and I thought her show was going to reflect that, but now she's getting into family issues etc which is just turning her into everyone else on TV. I loved how unique she was, now she's just annoying.

She does have oddly shaped tits Jay, but it's only because she's flat and her body isn't proportionate with them is all
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby araby » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:03 pm

be nice to girls.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:21 pm

I have the same hair style (or had) as you Jennay. I got long layers in the fron, and it really brightened up my face and gave my hair body even when I wear it striaght.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Jennay » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:41 pm

ok so I tried a few things.

Wednesday I was off work and was going bowling later in the evening. After my shower while my hair was damp I put mousse in it and let it air dry...then took a curling iron and curled my hair in large chunks, loosened curls and I looked fab

Yesterday I didn't have much time to do anything with my hair so I did Ashley's "la" thing, pulled just the top and part of the sides into a high ponytail, then pulled the rest back and up with a clip. I even got a few compliments on it.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum