K Hamstrings

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

K Hamstrings

Postby Xaiveir » Mon May 07, 2007 10:36 am

Yeah, i pulled my hamstring.

I know how to treat a Hamstring fairly well, as i have had chronic problems with my left one.

My question is has anyone had experience with preventing hamstring pulls? Certain stretches? Etc?
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby togusa » Mon May 07, 2007 11:43 am

Hire the former-Yankees trainer.
togusa
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Xaiveir » Mon May 07, 2007 1:44 pm

togusa wrote:Hire the former-Yankees trainer.

Yeah he seemed to be a master of them. :rofl:
Why fight it, i am a Man Whore!
Xaiveir
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Eziekial » Thu May 10, 2007 5:16 am

I've been playing sports all my life and I've never pulled or strained my hamstring. I usually just do the following stretchs once I've warmed up a bit (a couple laps or whatever):
Feet together standing up, bend over and try to touch your toes for 20 secs and DOn't bend your knees.
Right over left, same thing as above. The key is to push until you feel the muscle a bit. Same with left foot over right. nice slow stretch down, don't bounce and hold for 20 sec.
Legs wide apart and bend down each side for 20 secs. Same rules as above. then reach straight down for 10 secs. then slowly move your hands back until you feel a good pull hold that for 10.
Finally I sit down with legs out in a V and repeat the last stretch. Some people use to bend one leg back but i've heard/read that puts unneccessary pressure on your knees. Also I recommend the butterfly stretch while you're down here. I have pulled that muscle before and it's not pleasant. Hope this helps.
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum