Mop or Hercules! Quickest most effiecient workout and diet?

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Tae-Bo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:08 am

bro do some research on it, just cus you say some bodybuilders do it doesnt make it true

ronnie coleman doesn't do that shit ever and he won mr. olympia like what... 8 times? all he does is lift fucking heavy all th etime. the elite lifters and people who study the science behind it will tell you it's a myth. keep in mind most bodybuilders are fucking retarded meatheads who succeed in spite of themselves cus they have insane genetics.

and im not on a special diet or anything, im majoring in nutrition and my discipline is superb so i just manipulate what i eat depending on my activity for the day. i dont need anymore muscle so my protein ratio is around 20% of my total cals. everyday i eat tons of spinach and oatmeal and blueberries and fruits and vegetables cus im a total nutrition nerd.

jay if you manipulate your diet you will see better results way faster than just working out a lot. diet is the most important thing in regards to body composition. diet and genetics.
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:20 am

i wish i could afford to eat nothing but super-healthy food--organics and fresh, locally grown fruits/veggies and whatnot. too expensive, so i just do the best i can. :\
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tae-Bo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:22 am

oh yeah and the only supplements i take anymore is fish oil and sometimes i'll have some whey protein if i make a smoothie

i dont even take a multi vitamin cus i just make sure i get all my vitamins and minerals covered through whole foods.

i got a 200 lb. bag of sand that i condition myself w/ and i do bodyweight squats and pushups, all done explosively. i do that and i practice all the fucking time. woop
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jazendar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:10 am

We're both right in some aspects, From what i've read, heard, and seen is what i've based my opinion on. You're right, Ronnie doesn't use the system i talked about, but he's a crazy old man. Cutler is right next to Ronnie almost neck and neck and he uses the 6/6. Genetics and nutrition are key, yes, but proper technique and creating the right habit is also essential to the desired results. It's like the people I see at the gym everyday throwing their back into hammer curls or their shoulders into push downs, they're not doing anything with the wrong technique.
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Re: Mop or Hercules! Quickest most effiecient workout and di

Postby Jay » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:14 am

Narrock wrote:
Jay wrote:I've been somewhat liberal with food and lax on working out lately. Gained 20 pounds in about 3 months time. I'm at 230 now. I plan on sticking with fresh foods (veggies, fruits, no soda nothing processed), and having fish be my main meat for a while. I will be working out 5 days a week about an hour and a half a day again and for the remaining 2 days in the week just jogging in the morning. All I want to do is slim down. I don't need to build mass or anything fancy. Just wanna kill the gut a bit. Suggestions? I wanna do this somewhat quickly cuz I have a wedding to go to in late Sept.

You're a fat fuck.

Your fiancee thinks I'm fat where it counts if ya know what I mean.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby 10sun » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:01 pm

leah wrote:i wish i could afford to eat nothing but super-healthy food--organics and fresh, locally grown fruits/veggies and whatnot. too expensive, so i just do the best i can. :\

uh, go to a farmer's market sometime. If you purchase what you'll eat and not to excess, you'll find that it is generally cheaper? It is around here in Ohio at least. I can spend $5 and wind up with a wider variety of fresh produce than if I went down to the local Stop & Shop and bought 2 pounds of broccoli & a prepackaged tub of salad.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Dylan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:24 pm

How do you work out when night and day your hip and lower back ache really really bad?

Or how do I fix said ache? :(
Dylan
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby 10sun » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:48 pm

robots should feel no pain.
switch to 0w30 oil for lubrication and only use premium gasoline.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Jazendar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:01 pm

10sun wrote:robots should feel no pain.
switch to 0w30 oil for lubrication and only use premium gasoline.

I lol'd
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:36 pm

me too hehe

also i ate a little bit of cottage cheese at lunch today . . . the coffee shop my friend and i went to for lunch makes awesome turkey sandwiches on homemade wheat bread and you can get a side called "helen's cottage cheese," which is low-fat cottage cheese, a little bit of fresh dill, and chopped green onions. it's really good.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Mop » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:36 pm

btw body builders are not the same as people trying to loose weight or gain muscle. they are going for a specific type of conditioning. And quite a few use something other than just normal supplementation.

I dont take anything except EFA and usually a Whey supplement. thats about it just stick with natural foods and what not.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tae-Bo » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:52 am

leah wrote:i wish i could afford to eat nothing but super-healthy food--organics and fresh, locally grown fruits/veggies and whatnot. too expensive, so i just do the best i can. :\

i spend around $70 a week on food for myself most of the time. not sure if thats considered expensive but i think i do ok.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jazendar » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:30 am

That's pretty good sir, considering the nice tasty looking foods you've posted on the site. I spend a bit more, but that's probably because I can be lazy when It comes to choosing between a homecooked chicken and one already cooked for 6.99
Jazendar
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Mop » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:45 am

I never buy pre-made stuff anymore, You never really know what you are getting. I'd rather hit the farmers market and make enough for one week.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jay » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:39 pm

Bump.

So far I've lost 11 lbs. Cottage cheese is awesome, just tastes like shit. In the morning I have a cup of cottage cheese and 2 peaches. For lunch I alternate between a grilled chicken lettuce wrap, a fish filet, a tuna sandwich on wheat or a chicken caesar + some fruits and a granola bar. Between meals I snack on trail mix all day and for dinner I usually have a fish filet and cocktail shrimp, grilled chicken with steamed veggies or corn, or a salad. If I'm hungry still I'll add some fruit to the mix or a nutrigrain bar.

Seems like half of you are advocating weights while the other cardio so I figured I'd incorporate both. I do a warm up run to start, about 30 min on the ole treadmill, then I do some isolation workouts on the weights depending on the day and I do medium to light weights. Afterwards after a 5 min break I go for a swim and I'm done. Saturdays and Sundays I run about 3 miles around the lake in the morning and just relax the rest of the day. Scarily enough, I still feel the effects of smoking and I haven't smoked in over a year.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Oh i say do both cardio and weights, a good complement of one another is key to any long term success.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Mop » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:02 pm

o ha and for smoking, lawl you shoulda seen what I threw up the other day after ifinished a run through Rancho SanAntonio. it looked like black snails. .... =/
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jay » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:09 pm

I talked to a nutritionist who said I need some more vitamin B, C and K in the mix so I can either take pills or eat more food. Workout is going as planned. Hopefully I'll reach my goal by September. I was thinking about heavy weights on the benching and free weights though as I'm trying to build my chest and biceps a bit. I think I might put that on hold since I'm not eating enough to gain mass.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:49 pm

you shoulda posted some before pix so that you can blow us away with afters. i'm thinking of doing the same thing, although it's much slower going for me. you douchenozzle men and your quick weight loss . . .
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tikker » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:22 pm

just before and after of hooters is enough

ps, I've managed to get off my ass and ride my bike to work now most days

pps it was 48c here 2 days ago, that's fucking insane. lost 14lbs on the ride home!
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Mop » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:51 pm

I'll post my before and after another 10 lbs and my 6 pack should be there.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Jay » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:29 pm

Just finished my workout today and weighed myself. I lost another 4 lbs this week. I've lost a total of 15 lbs and if I keep this pace, I'll end up hitting the mark long before September. I have to confess though. Last Thursday I had a mad craving for a cheeseburger and ended up eating a 6 dollar burger from Carl's Jr with all the condiments and stuff on it + fries and a soda. I spent an extra 30 min in the gym on Friday though.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:47 pm

my biggest problem is I've developed into a pretty good cook =\
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Mop » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:18 pm

I didnt eat near enough last week. I was so fatigued this weekend I could hardly motivate myself to move. So last two days I've eaten so much. felt so much better today when I hit the gym.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tae-Bo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:25 pm

ive gotten so out of shape since i last hurt my shoulder. i cant even do pushups anymore w/out pain ~_~ i havent worked out in 2 weeks and it feelsl ike im gonna die i hate it.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

PreviousNext

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum