Mop or Hercules! Quickest most effiecient workout and diet?

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Harrison » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:59 am

No matter what I do, I can't get below 200.

I'm happy with that, however. I am still in good shape and still work out. I am pretty sure 200-210 is where I need to be.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:18 am

my problem? i hate exercise. i've tried a billion different things, and i hate it all. help ><
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:14 am

leah wrote:my problem? i hate exercise. i've tried a billion different things, and i hate it all. help ><

Have lots of sex.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:18 pm

Bring a book or something Leah for cardio, I require music a book a magazine, US Weekly works wonders.... because it requires no actual thought and takes about 25 min to read =P

Bring a friend to work out with you for doing weights

The more you do it the more your body will actually enjoy doing it.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby ClakarEQ » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:00 pm

Jay wrote:
leah wrote:my problem? i hate exercise. i've tried a billion different things, and i hate it all. help ><

Have lots of sex.

QFT

Not that quicky "get er done" stuff either, you've got to keep your heart rate up there for 20mins you know :evilgrin. Hopefully Josh has stamina and staying power :)
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tae-Bo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:38 am

i tried to do yoga last night and i was holding plank position and my shoulder popped and it hurt so bad i had to stop :(

i might have to turn to long distance running which sucks cus i hate it.
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Mop » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:40 am

HIIT track work? jeje = (
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby leah » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:53 am

plank sucks, period.

i'm trying to talk my roommate into running with me so that i have motivation to actually do it. i hate running, too, but i really want to be able to do it as stress relief or whatever. too bad it sucks so much.

i've decided that i have my diet in line, i just need to add more exercise. as it is, i work out maybe three days a week because, as i said, i hate working out. i know i'd see a lot more results a lot faster if i could just get over that hump. and speaking of hump, i know that sounds like the perfect exercise solution or whatever, but it's just not a reliable exercise plan.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:12 pm

It'll be more reliable if you delete his WoW character.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby 10sun » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:17 pm

I wasn't going to say it.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:22 pm

that's funny you're funny.

it's also not true. we've both got our own stuff going on during the evenings (whatever that may be--regardless of whether he's playing wow, i'm still doing my own thing, too, so it wouldn't matter either way) and we usually don't see each other until bed time, and by that point it's time to SLEEP, not time to have a calorie-burning romp. he gets up super early for work and is gone by the time i get up. the weekends are our prime time for nookie, which is why i say it's not a reliable workout plan.

besides which, who honestly bases a workout plan on boning? that's dumb.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:31 pm

I'm not saying build a whole workout scheme around nookie, I'm saying take advantage of it when you can cuz it's a good proven way of burning calories, it's fun and it ends with you taking in a large protein supplement =P. If weekends are prime time, then do it every weekend.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:34 pm

oh believe you me, i take every advantage of my weekends lol . . . i get cranky if i don't get regular action.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tae-Bo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:19 pm

i ran 3 miles tonight and it wasnt too bad thanks to my ipod and the nice abandoned roads and warehouses in town around here. i think i'm gonna start doing it nitely.
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:40 am

i hate how tight i get from running tho argh
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Mop » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:18 am

try running on the balls of your feet, not heal to ball of foot.

Land on ball of foot, tap heal down like a spring board.... should help a little with the tightness. Remember, controlled fall =P
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:26 am

Exercise is easy if you couple it with something you like to do.

I love racquetball, so I try to squeeze it in.

I swim a few times a week, too. Just 30 minutes, but it burns the calories. Anything like that for you Leah?

I despise running. If your workout is mostly about running, then I empathize with your pain. For aerobic exercise, I have an elliptical machine in my office in front of my TV and I absolutely love it. It's fun and low impact but gets you sweating fast. I can watch TV, read, play on my 360 or just chill to music on it. I'd suggest checking one out.

Also, a great habit to get into, even though it's a pain is the first thing out of bed is to stretch and do pushups and situps in rotations of 15 each for a bit.

Finally, I'd suggest getting a punching bag. First, it's great stress relief, which everyone in a relationship needs, and it's really good spot exercise.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:06 am

i hate swimming :( although maybe i wouldn't if i didn't hate how i look in a swimsuit. which maybe i wouldn't hate that if i would swim :P kind of a vicious cycle.

at any rate, punching bags and ellipticals in-home are all well and good, but these aren't things i can afford. :\ i have a gym membership, of course, which is where i exercise during my paltry three to four times a week. but it's not fun.

perhaps i am hopeless.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Lyion » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:11 am

Not really. Most people do not like exercising. The swimsuit thing made me lol, though.

Do you like Zoo's? Get a season pass cheap and go walk around for an hour and a half twice a week. Thats just as good as 30 minutes at the gym and a lot more fun.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:14 am

I have the BEST weight loss method. I guarantee it will work for everyone who tries it.

Eat sensibly, exercise regularly.

I HAVE SOLVED THE GREATEST MYSTERY OF ALL!
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby leah » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:16 am

Zanchief wrote:I have the BEST weight loss method. I guarantee it will work for everyone who tries it.

Eat sensibly, exercise regularly.

I HAVE SOLVED THE GREATEST MYSTERY OF ALL!

oh shut up, i know that. i eat sensibly, and i'm trying to exercise regularly.

i just hate exercise :\
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:20 am

Mop wrote:try running on the balls of your feet, not heal to ball of foot.

Land on ball of foot, tap heal down like a spring board.... should help a little with the tightness. Remember, controlled fall =P

dats what i try to do.. when i'm jogging barefoot running laps on my bjj mats my form is perfect but once i put on shoes and hit the streets it can get fucked up as i get tired later in the run. my shoes are pretty shitty and i've had them since high school.. that might contribute to it ~_~ i need to find a good runner's store and get properly fitted for running shoes and shit but i have no idea where one is around here =/
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Jay » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:00 pm

I injured my knee I think. Lack of protein in my diet. My left knee has an ache and I've had to cut down my run and go on the eliptical instead. Help.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Martrae » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Leah, did you get my PM?
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:54 pm

yes and i've been trying to make sense of the web site but i'm not sure where to go :(
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

PreviousNext

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum