Mop or Hercules! Quickest most effiecient workout and diet?

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby Mop » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:04 pm

Zanchief wrote:I have the BEST weight loss method. I guarantee it will work for everyone who tries it.

Eat sensibly, exercise regularly.

I HAVE SOLVED THE GREATEST MYSTERY OF ALL!

Not a totaly true statement. Many ppl in fact do eat well, exercise and dont loose weight for many different reasons. Women over 22 / 23 especially.

Duck if you are running on concrete ya go find good shoes, ball of the foot to heel is much better for you and makes it easier... its how you are supposed to run, even tho running shoe companies would make you think different.

gimmie a little bit I'll post some new pics np~
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Zanchief » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:08 pm

Mop wrote:
Zanchief wrote:I have the BEST weight loss method. I guarantee it will work for everyone who tries it.

Eat sensibly, exercise regularly.

I HAVE SOLVED THE GREATEST MYSTERY OF ALL!

Not a totaly true statement. Many ppl in fact do eat well, exercise and dont loose weight for many different reasons. Women over 22 / 23 especially.

I don't believe this for a second.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby leah » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:09 pm

hah. whatever. it's definitely harder for women to lose weight than men.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Zanchief » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:13 pm

I don't disagree with that.

But people who aren't losing weight aren't eating sensibly and exercising regularly.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Mop » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:14 pm

It's true, if you choose to believe it or not. Some has t odo with being female, some has to do with not exercising properly or not understanding food, then there are some that just have problems loosing weight. Shrug when I was tri training I was still sitting about 205 weight during races, which by most standards is heavy
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby leah » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:20 pm

i have a lot of trouble, no matter how hard i try.

it's ridiculous to have lost as much weight as i have in my life, yet to be struggling with it so much now. *sigh*

do my struggles have to do with being predisposed to being overweight? is my metabolism screwed? or am i just not trying the right things? it's stupid that my most successful weight loss had very little to do with exercise, and relied so heavily on the atkins diet. argh.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:23 pm

being overweight during development leads to increase of hormones, lipoprotein lipase, and others, that make it easier to put on weight. the hormones dont decrease nor do fat cells that are made. i can put on 10 lbs. in a weekend of shitty eating easy.
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:28 pm

I think we might have different definitions of sensible then.

Everyone knows how to lose weight. Everyone knows when they're kidding themselves. It's not a mystery to anyone. People are making billions annually in an industry that is completely useless. Every year people have hundreds of new weight loss tips and exercising secrets. It's all the same. Don't stuff your face, don't eat fatty foods, don't eat enough for two people, go for a jog a few times a week. The rest is all an illusion to make ourselves feel better about the things we aren't doing.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Zanchief » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:31 pm

leah wrote:i have a lot of trouble, no matter how hard i try.

it's ridiculous to have lost as much weight as i have in my life, yet to be struggling with it so much now. *sigh*

do my struggles have to do with being predisposed to being overweight? is my metabolism screwed? or am i just not trying the right things? it's stupid that my most successful weight loss had very little to do with exercise, and relied so heavily on the atkins diet. argh.

Maybe so Leah, but do you know why you put on weight when you do, and lose weight other times? Can establish a pattern based on your behavior? I would guess you can.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Mop » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:34 pm

Duck hit the nail on the head. At least imo of weight loss and people trying to loose weight, especially people that were heavier younger.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Zanchief » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:38 pm

Mop wrote:Duck hit the nail on the head. At least imo of weight loss and people trying to loose weight, especially people that were heavier younger.

So with all this new knowledge about metabolism, and these new diets, all these new super duper awesome workouts, why are people bigger than ever?

If this industry isn't completely fraudulent, shouldn't people the world over be losing weight at a miraculous rates?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 pm

im pretty sure anyone who knows how to really lose weight knows that most ppl in the diet industry are just in it to make a cash grab
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:50 pm

So it all comes back to my original point. People know how to lose weight. People who aren't losing weight know why they aren't. I know if I let my self go and play 5 hours of WoW and night and eat nothing pizza and candy I don't wonder why my metabolism is so bad. I know what the deal is.

I'm not saying it's not harder for some people, but if you really want to lose weight, you can. You don't need to pay someone to tell you how.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:51 pm

uhh most people dont know how to lose weight
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:52 pm

thats why the diet industry is so successful financially even though they don't know shit
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Zanchief » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:56 pm

Most people don't know that going for a jog 2 times a week and not eating hot dogs and chips all day will lead to weight loss?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:56 pm

1. most people are stupid
2. most people have no discipline
3. the diet industry is concerned with making money not with people's health
4. you can't make money off of common sense like "eat healthy and exercise more"
5. most people only know what gets advertised to them

all of that leads to =

6. most people don't know how to go about losing weight, the right way
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:59 pm

Zanchief wrote:Most people don't know that going for a jog 2 times a week and not eating hot dogs and chips all day will lead to weight loss?

no. they think they need to drink a shake for every meal or they need to not eat carbs or they need to eat non-fat cookies for snacks.

you're grossly underestimating how stupid the average person is. the concept of calories in vs. calories out is like calculus to them.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Harrison » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:05 pm

Some people are just plain unlucky too.

There are people out there, however few, that can diet properly and exercise normally and never lose the weight they want. (which is usually a stupid unreal amount anyways)
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Mop » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:09 pm

duck pretty much summed up my thoughts on it. People are dumb and fooled by the "loose weight fast" media blitz's that happen every day. Muscle and fitness, Shape magazine, Hydroxicut, ect. They all give false information on how to loose weight. Ya it is that simple..

eat more greens, eat out less, portion control, jog / walk / hike / cycle/ swim a couple times a week. Perfect example would be Mindia's post last week stating that omg really diet coke is bad for you? It's still an empty calorie. regardless of what the actual label says. It still spikes your BS causing you to store more fat. -But people think it is ok for them to drink, because the media says so. (and it has no sugar )

People also over estimate how much work they do. People think that they burn more calories then they actually do.

Don't get me wrong, I agree iwth you in a way Zan - It really is that simple... eat healthy, eat reasonable portions, get off your ass once in awhile. But more often than not, people make it harder than it needs to be because they dont understand that it really is that basic.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Lyion » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:39 pm

D. Duck wrote:uhh most people dont know how to lose weight

Everyone knows how to lose weight. Most are looking for short cuts or an easier method.

Like with most things in life, there are no shortcuts.

I'd guess most of you guys in this thread are under 30, and many are not far removed from teenage years. When you get older, even if you are eating and exercising exactly as you were in your 20s, you'll gain weight and have to fight it. Like duck insinuated earlier, for people who started fat as a kid, it's even that much tougher and easy to gain weight.

I never had a gut until my 30s, and suddenly it was there. I'm in great shape, but there's just an extra roll that got there.

Now, there's no excuse for being hugely obese, but it certainly can sneak up on one, and when you get that extra weight it's really easy to try and find an easier way to drop the poundage..
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tae-Bo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:30 pm

i need to stop drinking diet coke hehe
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Mop » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:31 pm

I quit drinking em about a month ago. I still love my Latte's np~
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby leah » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:35 pm

i've become addicted to lattes hehe . . . 12oz. nonfat latte with a half-shot of sugar free caramel syrup. mmmm.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby ClakarEQ » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:36 pm

Not disagreeing that most folks are stupid but I also agree with Lyion, folks look for shortcuts and losing weight takes an assload of time AND mental focus.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

PreviousNext

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum