Gaining Weight

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Gaining Weight

Postby Sentro » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:05 am

Ok so i have started lifting again, and since i was already in pretty good shape(in a unit that makes us to PT everyday while not deployed) i was wondering how is an acceptable weight gain while lifting. I started about 4 weeks ago we run 3 days a week and lift 6 days. I was 155 then at 6feet even. now im 160 the last week and a half i have been eating really healthy except one day a week i get to pig out. and i take an extra 75grams a day of protien or there about. All the articals i see are about lossing weight so i was not really sure. Anyhelp would be great thanks.
Sentro 65monk
Begum 62sham
Euphoria
Sentro
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Tikker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:13 am

if you're pooping solids, you don't need protein supplements

if you want to gain weight, eat more

simple as that
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Mop » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:31 pm

ya you should be eating at the weigh you would like to be sir.

The extra protein is horse shit, I dont care what muscle and fiction or body building sites say, you can get lean protein from non supplementation~
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Gaazy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:19 pm

Sorry to hijax thread kind of Sentro, but this brings up a question for me.

Mop, How healthy is creatine and those stupid jerkoff supplements like Xplode and shit like that? My younger brother is 19 and wants to be some kind of Ronnie Coleman or some shit, and takes all kinds of stuff like that. He never cycles it, and just takes the shit out of it. I try to tell him hes a fucking idiot, but what do I know, im the dumbass older brother who doesnt know shit.

He 'loads' as he calls it on enough to protein that imo is unhealthy (eg. 5 or 6 pieces of chicken and steak a day, eggs a couple times a day), but he hardly eats anything else, like veges or fruits or anything other vitamins and nutrients his body needs.

He lifts 7 days a week, 3 or 4 hours a day, which again, cant be healthy, at least to me. His body has no time to rest I wouldnt guess.

And on top of all THAT, hes got a herneated (sp?) disc in his back, that hes had for like a year that wont heal because he wont rest it, that he got deadlifting.

He is getting huge, but I think he's a fuckig idiot. But like I said, what do I know, im the dumbass older brother to him.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Sentro » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:10 am

if i could eat like i want to i would not take protien, but being in iraq and out on a combat patrol for 14-16hurs a day i dont get to do everything i want. or eat how i would like to get the right amount of protien. and im not trying to gain alot of weight im trying to build and stay cut, if i just wanted to get strong and be big i would do it a little bit diffrent
Sentro 65monk
Begum 62sham
Euphoria
Sentro
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Mop » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:37 pm

oh I didnt know about the Iraq part, sorry, than ya it's probably better than a standard MRE for you.

In all honesty you hsould be looking to gain 1.5 - 2 lbs a week give or take with out gaining to much fat around it.

as for gaazy I hate supplementation - So I pretty much think they are all a rip off.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:49 pm

sorry just saw this. As far as how much harm they do to ones body with as much as he takes, how much dmg do you think they do to him? Even aside from the supplements he doesnt eat near what he should. Hes got a whole cabinet full of just his weight gain shit.

I think those guys that he looks up to and wants to look like, like Ronnie Coleman or whatever, look like absolute fucking idiots as big as they are imo.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Mop » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:36 pm

well most of them enjoy steroid cycles =P
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:40 pm

Yeah, I just hope he's smart enough to stay away from that stuff. I told him if I ever caught him with any of those id shove them down his throat and he knows i will.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Mop » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:48 pm

I am not opposed to people using supplements, I mean I have in the past. I choose not to now because I know for a fact they are not as good for you as whole foods and vitamins, well they are just a rip off, thanks I'll just have an orange instead of 3 pills from gnc
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:50 pm

He spends hundreds upon hundreds of dollars a month on all that shit, well, my old man spends hundreds upon hundreds a month I guess, the lazy fucker doesnt have a job, he just works out all day
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:16 am

hrmmm. hey mop, josh just bought a bowflex a couple weeks ago and is trying to bulk up and put on some muscle mass. suggestions? he eats a lot of protein and has big ol' tubs of protein powder all over the place but i would rather he just eat nutritionally rather than all those powders and whatnot, especially since he's got kind of a delicate stomach. but i know how hard it is for him to put on weight . . .

p.s. i hate it that people have to work so hard to PUT ON weight when i am in a constant struggle to remove it hehe
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gaazy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:19 am

Tell that skeleton to eat~
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:24 am

he eats like a horse :\

sunday i actually watched him make and eat two egg sandwiches made with three eggs each. SIX EGGS. that's insane. and sunday night i made spaghetti and meat sauce and he ate a ton of that, too.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gaazy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:40 am

I had idiot buddies in school that played D1 football that would crack a dozen raw eggs into their mouths every morning during lifting~
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:43 am

siiiiiiiiiiiiiick
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby LostCause » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:50 am

Hell yeah dude Mach 1 football
LostCause
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Gaazy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:02 am

What? No. Division 1 college football. The real deal.
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gaazy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:03 am

Out of curiosity, what the hell is Mach 1 football
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum