Want to buy a piece of equipment for the house

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: Want to buy a piece of equipment for the house

Postby Harrison » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:00 pm

D. Duck wrote:Blowflex

Delete my post, and you keep this retard's...?
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re:

Postby Diekan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:05 pm

Harrison wrote:Except the bar will likely not hold over 150lbs and the bench will be uncomfortably thin and wobbly.

Don't buy a piece of shit bench at walmart with sand weights and a shitty bar.

I don't think they even sell sand filled weights anymore.

I'm talking about DUMBBELLS. The iron kind you find in almost every gym in the country.

I spent 300 bucks and walked out with 10, 20, 30, 35, 40, and 45 pound dumbbells (iron) pairs AND a very stable adjustable bench. I'm not talking about the typical benchpress bench.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=7731201

You can work every part of your body with the items I listed above and not have to put yourself at risk with the Bowflex - which are over priced and overrated.

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/du ... cises.html

For most people that 300 dollar's worth of weights and a bench is more than enough to take care of their needs. Why would you want to go out and spend THOUSANDS on a Bowflex?

Most gyms and health clubs only charge from 30 to 50 a month anyway... for the cost of a Bowflex you could easily pay for a couple of year's worth of membership. If you're that hard core about your workout and are taking your health that serious. Not only will get a LOT more options and access to equipment, but you'll have the social aspect and other motivation factors as well.

The Bowflex is a gimmick. It's also dangerous. http://www.injuryboard.com/view.cfm/Topic=9974 There are all kinds of other injuries that have resulted from this joke of a home gym... the bows snapping for example. I believe there have actually been a few deaths that have resulted from this thing malfunctioning - although I can't find the links... so I can't say that for 100% certainty.

Stop wasting your money on over priced junk!
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:10 pm

I picked mine up for $300 bucks, cheaper than 6 months at the gym, it folds up to under 3 feet deep, and does exactly what I want it to
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Dangerous, like exercising with free weights when you don't know what you're doing?
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Previous

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum