Post your workout regimen

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Post your workout regimen

Postby Jennay » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:12 am

And are you focusing on any specific areas of your body? What are your goals short term and long?
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: Post your workout regimen

Postby Mop » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:15 am

For another 5 weeks im doing:

Sun / Wed : Back / Chest / Shoulders - Focus more on back and shoulders. On Sun its heavy back shoulder and speed chest, wed the reverse.

Mon / Thurs focus on arms and legs, Usually keep this lighter and at a faster pace

On days with weights the routine varies from whats avail at that time, to how im feeling usually everything is a superset or tri set heavy side 2-6 reps and on the light side anywhere from 25-40 reps. Warm up with a 10 min jog at a slow pace, 5mph or so. And finish with 30 min on stairmill or jogging.

Tues and Fri Intervale cardio for 30 min <either jump rope intervals or tredmill hill climbs if inside- that or I go to the track and do sprints with bleachers> and 20 -30 min of lower heart rate cardio after

Seems to be working well, Diet is fairly strong right now. dropped down to 185 this week.. Looking for 175 before xmas - and see how I feel about doing olympic distance triathalon.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tae-Bo » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:19 pm

working on prehab stuff for my shoulder and doing exercises to correct posture and fix imbalances using the egoscue method:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egoscue

getting surgery in november and dont want to be all tight from not doing anything.
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Martrae » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:17 pm

Still T-Tapping. Stretches only on T-TH and the weekends Total Workout MWF.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby leah » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:17 pm

my plan is cardio, cardio, and more cardio with some weights thrown in (the cardio i do = a class called cardio blast, which combines step aerobics, light hand weights, and pilates-style abs--think "the firm" tapes).

my goal: to get to an ideal body weight/type before josh and i go to italy in march. i'd like to lose some weight and some inches so that i am in perfect form to tackle a fantastic vacation--and be completely smokin' hot in the pictures we take while we're there :D
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Iccarra » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:21 pm

My little guy wakes up, workout lasts until he goes to bed...the end. :rofl:
Iccarra
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Naethyn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:37 am

http://www.crossfit.com

I do the workout of the day.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Trielelvan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:13 am

Iccarra wrote:My little guy wakes up, workout lasts until he goes to bed...the end. :rofl:

Hey! We have the same routine! lol
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Reynaldo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:55 pm

I bought that LL Cool J (don't laugh) workout book and have been doing that. I figure it's working cause I feel like puking at the end of almost every workout.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Diekan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:51 pm

Trielelvan wrote:
Iccarra wrote:My little guy wakes up, workout lasts until he goes to bed...the end. :rofl:

Hey! We have the same routine! lol

So does Ouchyfish - only his little guy doesn't have ears.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Diekan » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:28 pm

Ok serious post!

Monday

Morning Routine

4:30 - 5:10 am - Cardio
    Steady run at 9.0 to 9.5 mph.

5:10 - 6:00 am - Shoulders (dumbbells)
    3 X 10 - Front Raises
    2 X 15 - Shrugs (95 lbs)
    3 X 10 - Lateral Raises
    4 X 8 - Military Press

Evening Routine

4:30 pm - Completion - Cardio
    Sprints / Bike / Brisk Walk (4.5 mph)
*Usually this cardio session lasts 45 minutes to an hour. Unless it's sprints then it's much less.

Tuesday

Morning Routine

4:30 - 5:10 am - Cardio
*Depending on how I feel I might slow it down and add incline.

5:10 - 6:00 am - Chest
    4 X 8 - Flat Bench Dumbbells (85 pounds)
    1 X 12 / 2 X 10 / 2 X 8 - Incline Bench 35 degree incline
    2 X 20 - Cable Crossover
    3 X 10 - Incline Bench 35 degree incline Flies
    3 X 10 - Dumbbell Pullovers

Evening Routine

4:30 pm -Completion - Cardio
    Heavy Bag / Speed Bag / Jump Rope

Wednesday

Morning Routine

4:30 - 5:00 am - Cardio
    Sprint 30 Seconds / Walk 1 Minute / Rinse Repeat

5:00 - 6:00 am - Arms
    4 X 8 - Preacher Curls
    3 x 10 - Tricep Pulldowns
    3 X 10 - Standing Alternating Curls (Dumbbells)
    3 X 10 - Tricep Dumbbell Extensions
    3 X 10 - Hammer Curls (Standing / Dumbbell)
    3 X 10 - Tricep Barbell Extension
*Might throw some dips in there some where if I feel like it.

Evening Routine

Swim Laps
*Might switch to running outside depending on how many damn kids are in the pool.

Thursday

Morning Routine

4:30 - 5:15 am - Cardio

5:15 - 6:00 am - Back
    4 X 10 - T Bar Rows
    3 X 12 - Lat Pull Downs
    4 X 10 - Arm *Dumbbell* Row (I use the Cable Crossover for this)
    3 X 10 - Seated Pulley Rows

Evening Routine

30 to 45 Minutes Brisk Walk - no slower than 4.0 mph

That's a snap shot. I'm too lazy to type EVERYTHING in...it varies from week to week to reduce the chances of muscle memory creating a peeking situation. And, I didn't add Friday or Saturday.... Sunday is usually an off day.

Diet?

I live on Amy's Organic dinners, Salads, Fish, NO red meat, avoid anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup (not always possible because that shit is in EVERYTHING), little bread. Bocca products ftw too. The Chili is good. Wine is also a good add.

I do eat bad foods too - especially when I go out downtown it's hotwings / beer / etc. During the game(s) there's chips and salsa, pizza so on. You CAN eat that stuff - just not all of it and not every day.

1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass... I weight around 185 - 190 so I take about 160 to 170 grams.
Multi vitamin.
Fiber Supplement.

I like being fit. It helps in all aspects of your life. More energy, less illness, more self-confidence, you feel better in general.

Right now I can run 4 and a half miles in 30 minutes. I can sprint for a half mile without slowing. I can press 315 lbs max on bench. My swimming needs work though... otherwise I am in better shape now than probably 80% of the people around me.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Mop » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:08 am

I switched up my work out for the next 6 weeks. to cut down to 175 before xmas - so that by the time tri - season hits ill be around 160ish and into my power phase.

Right now it looks about like this because of work + school + more work

4 am. either a hour of swimming or Low heart rate stuff. ( 135-145 HR ) - 6 days a week.

PM Monday Shoulders
PM Wed Chest and Bi
PM Friday Legs.
PM Sat Back and tri.
All followed by HIIT cardio at a 2 rest to 1 work ratio.

Tues and thurs in the afternoon I alternate between boxing / uphill sprints / jumpropes and what not mainly in a 1:1 rest to work ratio for 30 min
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:56 am

Diekan wrote:otherwise I am in better shape now than probably 80% of the people around me.

If you seriously stick with that regimine...in America...you better be more fit that 99.999% of the people around you!
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Diekan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:16 am

It's really not that hard of a regime to follow. After a while it just becomes a habit. 75% of it is diet. Cutting out shit with HFCS will help you more than you can imagine. It's tough, because as I said previously - that shit is in EVERYTHING. So, cutting back would be the first step... that is to cut back with the intention of cutting it out - if that makes sense.

You can still eat the stuff you *like* that isn't particularly healthy. For example: during last weekend's game I ate basket of chicken fingers and O-rings with two Miller Lights. Where I made the difference was... I ordered the basket of 6 fingers and a small serving of the rings. The guy next to me ordered the 10 piece basket with a large order of fries. Pizza? Sure, you can eat pizza - one or two slices should be enough.... there's no reason to down an entire pie - in one sitting.

If you absolutely HAVE to get a pizza - try Amy's Organic... they made a damn good black olive and ‘shroom pizza.

If it has to be take out... Papa Johns is probably the more healthy of the lot - if you get the veggie, thin crust.

People make excuses all the time about being too busy to work out, or too busy too eat healthier. It's all bullshit. [They] have time, it's an issue of laziness and or just being a glutton.

Once you get your routine down it will become habit - it'll feel automatic. And you'll notice a huge difference in less time than you expect.

On a different topic - a lot of people think they can get that six pack ab look by doing a lot of ab work. Mistake. Abs are like any other muscle - they grow when you work them. If you've got a layer(s) of fat over them and are working them... guess what? They're going to grow and push the layers of fat out, making you look even bigger. I don't care what anyone says... the ONLY way you're going to lose weight is through proper diet and CARDIO. If you're not elevating your heart rate for 30 to 40 minutes you're not doing anything. Beyond 40 minutes your body may start burning muscle for energy because the stored reserves in the cells will have been depleted.

You notice that I do a lot more than 30 to 40 minutes. I do. However, I also supplement that with a huge dose of protein daily. This does in fact help to offset what I lose through cardio workouts. I have no desire to weight 200+ and bench 500 pounds. I could care less about any of that.

You also need rest. It is during times of rest that your body repairs itself and when muscle growth peeks. You should be getting NO LESS than 6 to 8 hours a night.

Hydration is also key. Plenty of water every day. Not only does it help with muscle growth, but it’s good for skin and every other aspect of your physiology.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:22 am

Switching from cokes to water alone is one of the biggest things someone can do to drop 5-10 lbs relatively shortly and feel healthier.

I've been doing the frozen fruit thing myself. Buying huge bags of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries and just having smoothies for snacks instead of chips.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Tikker » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:33 am

the biggest thing for me was getting back into sports, rather than sitting there all night playing EQ
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Naethyn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:40 am

Tikker wrote:the biggest thing for me was getting back into sports, rather than sitting there all night playing EQ

One of my biggest regrets is taking time away from sports in high school to play EQ. Now, some years later I still play eq(sod), but I've played in a coed soccer league for the last 3 seasons every monday night.

http://www.pensacolasoccer.com

I'm on a new team this season - Team Kong. We've won the first two games in a shut out. I think we can take the title!
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Tikker » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:06 am

Naethyn wrote: but I've played in a coed soccer league for the last 3 seasons every monday night.

I'm on a new team this season - Team Kong. We've won the first two games in a shut out. I think we can take the title!

After the last 3 seasons of coed soccer, we added a mens division 4 team, and we're aiming to not be bottom feeders ;)

we tied our first game 1-1, and i hit the crossbar 3x :(
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:31 pm

Tikker wrote:
Naethyn wrote: but I've played in a coed soccer league for the last 3 seasons every monday night.

After the last 3 seasons of coed soccer, we added a mens division 4 team, and we're aiming to not be bottom feeders ;)

we tied our first game 1-1, and i hit the crossbar 3x :(

Way to go Pele.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum