Tall Boy

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Tall Boy

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:39 pm

and not the beer.

My 6 year old is sooooo tall and skinny. Its so hard to find pants that are long enough to fit. His Dad buys him the baggy show off your boxer type pants, and I cant stand those. All of his pants look like he is waiting for a flood. I'm talking Michael Jackson "Billie Jean Era" short.

Anyone know where you can buy slim tall pants for a 6 year old? Or have other suggestions?
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: Tall Boy

Postby araby » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:10 pm

try girl pants, levis brand probably. obviously don't tell him cause he'll freak out...but they are cut more slim/slender. just grab a bunch of them, have him try them on and see what works.

they definitely make the worst kids clothes these days. I want to start my own clothing line.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:52 pm

Oooh.......they dont make tall lengths in girls jeans either. Hence why all my jeans are mens jeans. And there is no way in hell I am putting him in girls jeans. He already gets made fun of for the high waters
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby araby » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:15 pm

well you suck for not having a cookie-cutter kid that fits all patterns they sell these days!
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:24 pm

sew your own :D
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Give him a plaid beret, a long plaid skirt, and have him tell everyone he's scottish and its' really a kilt.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Martrae » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:20 pm

Doesn't Sears have alternate sizes for boys? I know they used to.
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Jay » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:41 am

Shorts.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:02 am

just don't look in the boys section, go a higher age.. they'll make older jeans skinnier than they'll make younger jeans longer, and it's worth a shot even if all stores won't offer it.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Savanna » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:56 pm

Have you tried the Gap stuff? I know at Braysen's age (he's much younger of course but) they are the only ones that seem to take in mind the tall skinny boys and I buy adjustable waist on the ones I can but the normal jeans I do buy also aren't as big as most brands around his tiny waist.
I've heard they run this way through bigger sizes too and not just the baby/toddler way. I believe they have a slim size category for their type too...not sure.

If you have already tried them just ignore me :) I know this is going to be a problem for us for a long time, Vene is tall and skinny too.
I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures
Savanna
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby brinstar » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:52 pm

my mom always ordered my size from the JCPenney catalog

impossible to find 34x36 levi's in the store ;\
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:06 pm

36? cripes man how tall are you? we were just at the store yesterday and I cant imagine you're *that* much taller than Jono and his are 32 ><
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Gidan » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:25 pm

I wear 34x34 and dont consider myself that tall.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:12 am

6'4"
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:34 am

hmm same height, but pants aren't short on him..probably because clothes fit everyone different I reckon :p
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby The Kizzy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:20 am

I'm 6'3" and wear a 36 to 38 inch inseam depending on the cut. I have a very short torso though, I am literally all legs.
Zanchief wrote:

The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:22 am

alex you should really try getting jeans at the buckle. they have some that aren't all "worn" and full of "holes," so you wouldn't have to give in to that trend, and they stock a TON of 36-inseam jeans right on the shelf.

that's where i get josh's jeans--he's 34x36 as well, and we really like their "tyler" cut.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:50 pm

no thanks

i can go to old navy, find my size, and spend 1/4 of the money
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Darcler » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:44 pm

We've had the same problem with Hailey for awhile. She is skinny and tall for a girl, I guess. She is 3T in height but 18m to 24m in waist. We buy adjustable jeans. We finally got some that fit her in length...I think for the very first time since she lost all that weight.
Try Target.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Gaazy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:34 am

I cant believe the fucking money some of my buddies and people spend on jeans for the 'trendy' ones with premade holes and horseshit cut into them. Why the fucks would you want a pair of already torn up jeans?!?!? A while back I had a guy bragging about going to the store and spending like 300 on 4 pairs of jeans. Now what the fuck is that?!

I usually just go to Tractor Supply or somewhere and buy 15 buck Wranglers. 34 x 32 are easy to find~

Of course, I dont have as many casual pairs as I do work jeans. Ive probably got 2 dozen pairs of Carhartt and Dickies and those bastards are getting expensive nowadays >< Not to add in the dozens of pairs of reflective striped coveralls and shirts layin around
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:51 am

it's not so much about the premade holes and weathering and whatnot--these jeans just look really, really good on him hehe

we actually tend to go for the ones with as little "detailing" as possible b/c i think it looks silly for guys to get too frou-frou fancy with their jeans.

at any rate, he's got like three pair of jeans that he actually wears and likes and that really, really look good on him, so i'm happy to splurge and buy them for him for birthdays/holidays :D
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tae-Bo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:55 am

big difference in well-fit good looking jeans and like baby blue tuff skins

going too crazy in either direction is fucked

but paying $70 for a good pair of jeans isn't out of the question

and yeah too much of that factory wear and tear shit is lame
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:59 am

i think one of josh's 3-4 pairs has a hole or two (but no drastic whiskering or "worn" coloration) and another has a little bit of whiskering around the pockets.

i pick his jeans out and i don't like them to get too crazy or trendy :P i just really like that they're long enough for him and will last for a long time. and have i mentioned they look really, really good on him? :D

as far as jeans for me (as a taller-than-average girl), i like the x2 line at express. the best pair of jeans i've ever owned, though, came from a store called arden b that we came across in the mall of america . . . i paid $98 for them, but good sweet lord do they ever fit me like a glove. just enough stretch, great color, awesome length, and they make my butt look amazing :D A++, would buy again.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby araby » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:39 pm

yah I will admit that while I shop at consignment shops and thrift stores for my shirts/dresses/skirts, etc...I don't skimp on jeans.

I paid $160 for my Lofli Designer jeans and I'd buy them again tomorrow if I had to. They are the one pair of jeans I wear, if I wear jeans. my ass looks great, my legs look endless and they are comfortable. best money spent.

I won't buy another pair for two years. unless I gain weight.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Narrock » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:02 am

:pics:
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Next

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum