Tall Boy

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: Tall Boy

Postby Harrison » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:45 pm

I've got a good pair of work boots with a steel spine down the bottom so if you step on a nail it won't go through. Saved my ass more than once TD shots fucking suck. I think I paid 200ish for those.

I also got a pair of freezer boots for working in a freezer, those were cheaper by far. 80-100ish Good for working in -20.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Zanchief » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:55 pm

Harrison wrote:I've got a good pair of work boots with a steel spine down the bottom

Silly Finawin, work boots are for the employed.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gaazy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:18 pm

would be much safer for the workers if they all wore suits! And prolly less expensive too rofl. Adding up the equipment, cloths and tools, theres $500 boots, $100+ for reflective striped coveralls, $200 belt, $500-700 emergency self rescuer, $400-500 cap light, $50? hard hat, and say $50 in tools clipped to belt. 2 grand easily at any given time >< At least most companies supply coveralls, lights, and rescuers sometimes. You guys and your skirts and shirts have it easy to shop for work stuff damnit! Be happy!
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tae-Bo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:53 am

i'm wearing an old t-shirt with holes in it and cut off ragged cargo shorts and flip flops to work :p
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby araby » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:12 am

today I am outfitted in last night's hair and makeup (which look pretty good btw) black jeans, polkda dot socks with brown leather loafers, a green tshirt and my brown sweater. have the office to myself..I love fridays! I especially love pressurized air in a can.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:35 am

this is a fun game.

today: black pencil skirt and red v-neck sweater, with hose and aforementioned nicole miller heels. yowza! and also i straightened my hair. i am hot today.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby araby » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:42 am

what is a pencil skirt?!
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:44 am

lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby araby » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:50 am

that's what I had on last night!! I didn't even know I owned one! I had a black strappy tank under a pink lacy top with some pearls on and my plum scarf...with black tights and boots! (went to see bright eyes.)

apparently my friends met and hung out with them at a redneck bar.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gaazy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Aaaaand the sporty Gaazy is on the runway now. Today he is sporting a nice old pair of steel toe Wolverine boots with one of the steel inserts sticking out, a absolutely faaaabulous pair of classic fit Dickie's workwear jeans, a beautiful dark red Carhart sweatshirt with a big burnt hole in the back, a a camoflouge hat from Bass Pro Shop, and a pair of plain white tube sock from Gabe's he got for 45 cents! What a stylin MACHINE!
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:09 pm

I'm going out shopping at Safety Solutions later today after class myself!

My boots have started popping apart on the sides after 4 years. The soles are almost smooth at this point and they truly look like hell, but they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever had. They were pretty stylish too for being steel toed boots.

10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gaazy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:19 pm

http://www.shoestoboot.com/moreinfo.cfm ... tegory=162

best boots ive ever owned. I wear the fucking shit out of them
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Tikker » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:30 pm

I had an awesome pair that I used to wear for climbing poles back in the day

They were Kodiaks, or Terras or something, but super comfortable

I still have my spurs kicking around somewhere too
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Darcler » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:52 pm

I wear jeans, a tshirt and if I'm feeling up to it, tennis shoes. If not, a pair of ADIDAS sandals. Gid wears a shirt, jeans and more often than not, his Army boots.
His supply Sgt sent him a couple pair of boots after he got out. I think they are steel toed, I didnt check. So we have 4-5 pair of stylin khaki Army boots floating around the house.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby 10sun » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:22 am

Tikker wrote:I had an awesome pair that I used to wear for climbing poles back in the day

They were Kodiaks, or Terras or something, but super comfortable

I still have my spurs kicking around somewhere too

Kodiaks are good boots, but I don't know if it was just me walking on concrete floors all day long, they just caused immense lower back pain for me.

I love my DM Industrials because they just feel right. Perfect fit every time... I walked into the store today and found my regular model and asked for them to bring them out in my size, slid them right on, walked to the counter and bought them... took me literally 10 minutes tops and most of that was waiting on the guy to get them from the stockroom.

I might be feeling how women feel when they go shoe shopping except that with these I know I won't have to buy a new pair for another 3 years or so.

-Adam
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gaazy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:56 pm

The pair I posted above actually saved my life possibly one day at work. A live wire came out of a cathead and fell right at my feet in a puddle of water. Thx metatarsel boots, I <3 you. I may be been sitting there with a few ten thousand volts coming through me. Electrical hazards suck ass. A knew a guy who was killed a while back because he was workinn on a big power center underground and he was up inside it and somehow got against the coils. Roasted him like a pig. I was going into the mine as they were bringin him out. One of the worst things ive ever seen. Was also the first dead body outside of a funeral id been with
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jennay » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:07 pm

I'm off Tuedays. My ensemble today will be Dickie's jeans, a threadless.com tshirt and black vans. Makeup will be light/natural and i will most likely straighten my hair like I do every day. I'm pretty laidback.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:16 pm

oooh, which threadless shirt?? :D

me today: black skirt w/ a kicky little lacy slit, a black tank top under a maroon sweater, and black heels. and wild & crazy curly hair! seriously, i don't know what is goin on with it, but it sure is wacky today.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tae-Bo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:41 pm

i got a couple of threadless shirts but i dont like their newer designs... they got too internety :~(
Chances are very good that you've never touched Linux a day in your pathetic life.
Tae-Bo
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:44 pm

yeah man i haven't bought a threadless shirt in a long time.

if you want fun shirts, though, go to shirt.woot.com :D
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jennay » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:53 am

Leah,
I own a couple of threadless.com shirts. Love that they are so cute and so cheap.

I have one that is a balloon and a cactus in love - it says Impossible Love. Another is red with a lady bug and a dotted white line up the side that spells doodlebug. I have a snorgtees shirt that is blue, has the Kool Aid man fallen over with red kool aid spilled out. It says "Oh Noooooo"

At work I have to wear business casual, which for me is usually black dress pants and some sort of pretty blouse, I wear my hair down and straightened. I usually stick to button up collared shirts and black dress boots. I need to do some shopping. I love skirts but never know what kind of blouse or shoes to wear with them. Got any ideas? I need a makeover badly.
Jennay
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Evermore » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:26 am

Narrock wrote::pics:
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:57 am

Jennay wrote:Leah,
I own a couple of threadless.com shirts. Love that they are so cute and so cheap.

I have one that is a balloon and a cactus in love - it says Impossible Love. Another is red with a lady bug and a dotted white line up the side that spells doodlebug. I have a snorgtees shirt that is blue, has the Kool Aid man fallen over with red kool aid spilled out. It says "Oh Noooooo"

At work I have to wear business casual, which for me is usually black dress pants and some sort of pretty blouse, I wear my hair down and straightened. I usually stick to button up collared shirts and black dress boots. I need to do some shopping. I love skirts but never know what kind of blouse or shoes to wear with them. Got any ideas? I need a makeover badly.

omg i love the impossible love one . . . :wub: i want it really badly but always seem to miss out on it. sad! but cute. i have a freaking metric f*ckton of threadless shirts hehe . . . my favorite is a black one that says "i came to dance" in hot pink. i also really like the black one with a bunch of stars on it that has little wishes next to the stars. ALSO one of my favorites to wear is this green one with an angry christmas tree taking out a guy with an axe :P i wear that one at christmastime. wheee!!

as far as skirts go, i'm pretty simple--i have a bunch of staple skirts, like my black pencil skirt, that i pair with different tops. i'm really not too flashy at all. pm me if you want to chat skirts/tops, though :D
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gaazy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:40 am

WTF happened here, this thread was all cool and manly there for a few postz with talks about steel toes and shit, now its back to threadless shirts, skirts, and other gay/Kaiinish things and whatnot :-x
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:51 am

Friend of mine has a custom shirt website... he does them all himself. It is a pretty simple process really.
Just upload the image you want, select what you want it put onto (t-shirt, hoodie, etc), chose a size & quantity, and add it to your cart. I forget his usual turn around time, but it is somewhere within 2 weeks, closer to 1 week including shipping times.

http://www.skreened.com
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

PreviousNext

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum