PX90

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

PX90

Postby Eziekial » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:03 am

Have you heard of this? Anyone using it and if so, what are the results?

I'm currently working out 3-4 times a week with weights (alternating moderate weight/high reps and max weight/ low reps) plus 20 minutes of cardo prior to every workout on top of 2-3 road bike trips a week (25ish miles in about 1.5 hrs). Added up I'm spending an average of an hour a day working out for the past 2 months and I still don't see any results. I'm not fat, but I could easily lose 20 lbs. I'm 6'1 so I should be around 190 not 230.
Some friends I ride with recommend I get a heart-rate monitor to increase results of my workout by maintaining a target heart rate. I can follow this logic and may end up spending the $ on myself for christmas. I was also looking at changing my workout and buying this PX90 program as it includes a dietary plan to go along with the workout. I currently eat in moderation and avoid (but have not eliminated) carbs from white breads but I'm Italian and no carbs is just not going to happen. Besides, I really don't believe that no carb fad diet anyway. I can't see how eating eggs and bacon instead of some wheat toast with jelly or a bowl of Kashi organic shreaded wheat with 2% milk for breakfast is benificial to a health body.

Thanks in advance.
Eziekial
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Re: PX90

Postby Mop » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:59 pm

If you are going to buy a HR monitor, save yourself the headache and get a Bodybugg * click for direct link* - its 99.8% acurate at calculating your caloric output. If you take full advantage of the food planning system that comes with it via online entry - and using the meal planning tools that come with it it's impossible to not loose body fat and weight. 60-80% of ALL body changes are directly related to your dietary habits, could be eating too little, too much, or eating just right to maintain but not loose weight. People over estimate the amount of calories burned by about 20% and underestimate the amount of calories eaten by about 20% - If you combine both you set up for a failure because you end up at an even platue.

Oh and ya low carb is bullshit, especially in the long run because you tend to gain the weight back.

As for loosing the work outs, how long have you been doing these work outs? PX 90 is a fairly decent system, but if you are using the gym - why spend more money on something that you could honestly get the same results from in the gym. I think the most impactful thing you could do is interval training for cardio. 1 min high intensity 1 min recover 2 min moderate intensity - do this for 25 min or so and then cool down for 5 min. It boosts the metabolism for a longer period of time and over all burns more calories.

IE: On a stairmill at a moderate pace I burn around 500 calories in half an hour (lvl 11). During interval training, 45 seconds lvl 20, 45 seconds lvl 6 and 2 min at lvl 11 I burn on avg 660 calories. The after effect of intervals is anywhere from 6 hours to 36 hours depending on your body and lvl of fitness ( where your body burns a higher amount of calories ) The effect on regular moderate intensity cardio on avg is 2-4 hours.

Imo, btw if you couldnt tell by this post im back in the gym industry I would try the following steps:
-Skip the HR monitor and PX90, spend the same amount and get a bodybug -I maybe able to get you 100.00 off of one if you need.
-Go to full body circut style work outs for weights, if you need some advice on this let me know and I'll post a full work out.
-Add in intervals to your cardio once or twice a week
-Document food intake - its tedious and boring, but those that do see better and faster results.
-given your weight and height I would assume you should be around 3500 or so calories a day to maintain, this is a very rough estimate.
-Eat better carbs, dont cut them. Fruit / oats / whole wheat / veggies are outstanding - there are now some decent choices for wheat and rice based pasta's out there btw.
-seriously take advantage of a trainer at your gym - if you havent had a free work out yet with one, just do it - pick up on some ideas even if you dont ever plan on buying training use that hour to just ask question after question after question on form, ideas, whatever.
-if you are not using a gym, PM me with your zipcode I can hook you up super cheap in most parts of the US now.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum