I swear to God my scale is an asshole

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

I swear to God my scale is an asshole

Postby Harrison » Tue May 20, 2008 9:05 am

So I've been working out everyday for quite awhile now. Lifting, riding the bike, rollerblading, basketball, jogging...pretty much anything I can.

I placed an arbitrary number of 199 out there just so I could see something under 200 for the first time since 2000. I have no real goal other than that. I'm not a woman, I don't care what I look like. I'm doing it because it makes me feel good.

So I weighed myself this morning and it read 200.5 and I wanted to beat my scale into the ground. Owell, only another few days.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Re: I swear to God my scale is an asshole

Postby Harrison » Tue May 20, 2008 9:43 am

I weighed myself naked after I showered in an effort to cheat and it read 200.0

What a dickhead. Owell, another few days...lol :dunno:
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Martrae » Tue May 20, 2008 9:52 am

Obligatory "this thread is nothing without pics" post...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Inside each person lives two wolves. One is loyal, kind, respectful, humble and open to the mystery of life. The other is greedy, jealous, hateful, afraid and blind to the wonders of life. They are in battle for your spirit. The one who wins is the one you feed.
Martrae
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Tue May 20, 2008 12:48 pm

tits or gtfo? :rofl:

Sorry, I frequent a certain imageboard a bit...too much.

I just got back from riding around for a few hours, I'll see if it's below 200 now.

W T F

I know your weight fluctuates depending on time of day, but fuck. It said 204.5

Grrr
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Tue May 20, 2008 1:09 pm

205 was a good weight for me

had probably my best year of hockey at that weight, and was still in pretty good shape
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Tue May 20, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm in damned good shape. I'm just trying to see a number out of principle, as I've said.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Wed May 21, 2008 12:11 pm

What are your eating habits like? I bet that'll make the difference. Also, drinking = weight. Not really sure how much you drink nowadays though.

I weigh 224 at 6'. I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds but overall I'm happy with where I'm at.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Wed May 21, 2008 12:39 pm

I drink like once a week, if that...

I eat as well as I can, sometimes it just isn't an option where I am at the time though. I don't really care too much. I'm not trying to go on some super diet and exercise regimen. I'm just doing it both out of boredom and it makes me feel good.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Thu May 22, 2008 10:53 am

Well Saturdays and Sundays sure I'll eat buffalo wings, burgers, maybe a steak or nachos and whatnot. My workweek is balanced eating that hits a specific calorie count. It's not dieting necessarily, its just eating as to not be a giant fatass. With my workweek being pretty much the same day in and day out for 5 days in a row it makes it pretty easy to plan out what to eat and when to eat it etc etc. If your eating becomes routine, you'll prolly get below 200. Then again, how tall are you? Maybe 200 is where you should be.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Thu May 22, 2008 11:22 am

I'm 6'1"
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu May 22, 2008 12:06 pm

Height isn't necessarily the only factor either, though - stature matters a lot. Harrison, based on pictures, has a thicker build.. honestly, you'd probably look odd/sickly too far below 200. Jono, for example, is 6'3, but if he weighed 200 he'd probably look like a fatass because his frame is so small. Keep up the good work though, seriously - good on you for wanting to do it for your health instead of a superficial reason, and it's good to know your health is no longer stopping you from being active like it used to. I wish I had that sort of drive, but of course I'm of a different mindset - my desire to lose weight is purely vanity.

Though I've never again gotten anywhere close to my max weight so many years ago, I think I'm always going to have that super fat girl mindset. I mean I'm overweight now, but not heifer like I used to be.. but I wasn't even happy at 125, so lord knows when I'll be content with a number. I remember telling myself I'd be happy back at 140, and hit that about a year and a half ago but still saw the same thing in the mirror - definitely gained a bit since then, but that's my goal again, just to be back in a size 7 which is a really comfortable size for me. Could give a shit less about my health, though, which I know is a terrible way to think.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Thu May 22, 2008 12:51 pm

A major factor in my change in motivation was not being sickly anymore. Since I've been treated properly I've been a different person.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Evermore » Fri May 23, 2008 10:38 am

weigh yourself in the am right after you take your morning dump. that should be close to true weight as you can get
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Fri May 23, 2008 12:44 pm

I shit at irregular intervals, but I do weigh myself at the same times daily most of the time.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Fri May 23, 2008 6:38 pm

heeeee i think my scale is an asshole, too :P

actually, our home scale is mean. i like the scale at my gym WAY better--it weighs at least 8 pounds lighter than our home scale. josh likes it, though, since he's trying to put on weight (ever since he bought the bowflex, he's a weightlifting animal!!). it's really weird to have our goals at odds with each other.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby brinstar » Sat May 24, 2008 1:59 am

i thought he quit once his internet b-fri italian honeymoon was over
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Naethyn » Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 am

It's all about what you eat. Create a meal plan for every single day outlining what you're going to eat for the next week. I'm not saying eat ultra healthy either. The key is to prepare the food yourself. If you stick to it you'll find yourself eating out a lot less. You'll save money and feel a lot healthier. Cooking at home = win. I weigh 185 at 5'9" and I'm trying to gain weight! haha.
Maeya wrote:And then your head just aches from having your hair pulled so tight for so long...
Naethyn
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby leah » Thu May 29, 2008 8:45 am

my current goal is to lose ~15 pounds and tone up my arms before my friend heather's wedding on august 16th. i'm a bridesmaid (of course--always a bridesmaid, never a bride haha . . . this is number 6, i believe) and the bmaid dress is GORGEOUS so i want to be able to do it justice. which also means i should probably start teaching myself to regularly apply self-tanner lotion like jergens or whatever so i'm not freaking white as a ghost when i'm up there in front of all those people. for the last wedding i was in (nearly a year ago, that's gotta be a no-wedding record for me), i got a spray tan a couple days beforehand and i LOVED it, but it was kind of hard to maintain. well, not *maintain*, necessarily, but hard to keep from rubbing off in weird places or what-have-you. so i figure i'll get an early start with the self-tanner lotion and maybe not have to worry about the spray tan this time around.

ANYWAY, yeah. ~15lbs and toning, gogo.

we just got a puppy this weekend, so i'm hoping as soon as he figures out how to walk on a leash, i'll have a great excuse to go on long walks every day. otherwise it's kind of hard to motivate myself to do that on my own--solo walks are too boring for me.

as for other exercise, i'm still plugging away at my cardio fusion classes at the gym. man i love them. i have a total girlcrush on the teacher haha . . . she's like 35 and one of the most fit people i've ever met in my life. she runs half marathons and 10Ks and other stuff like that whenever they happen, and she teaches like 5 or 6 classes a week (and has been for the past 10 years). she's kind of my hero. AND she has a cool job--bridge engineer.

anyway, i digress. :P
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Markarado » Sat May 31, 2008 4:26 am

After fracturing my collar bone last year and later fracturing three ribs at my bro's bachelor party I've just begun working out again. I'm weight in at 183lbs at just below six feet. My goal is to drop to 175 while at the same time putting on a good amount of muscle. I'm pretty sure I can accomplish that weight in a month... then just build up the muscle for a few months.

I'm doing it for superficial reasons =P I like to look good lol... mostly because it makes me feel more confident. Also, looks are going to matter a lot for the new job I'm trying to get.
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Trielelvan » Sat May 31, 2008 2:12 pm

Markarado wrote:I'm doing it for superficial reasons =P I like to look good lol... mostly because it makes me feel more confident. Also, looks are going to matter a lot for the new job I'm trying to get.

Erotic dancer?
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Maeya » Sat May 31, 2008 3:18 pm

He's gotta stay pretty for the cougars
Maeya
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Markarado » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:25 am

That's plan B.

I've applied for a job with Emirate Airlines. I'm just waiting to be invited for the open day interview in July now. Ahhh.. I really want to do this!
Markarado
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Harrison » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:45 am

Maeya wrote:He's gotta stay pretty for the cougars

They're no fucking joke...psycho bitches past 35+...
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby leah » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:15 am

hahah for some reason my brain read "amirite airlines" :P
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!