wake me up!

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

wake me up!

Postby leah » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:04 pm

ok so i started going to 5:45 a.m. classes at my gym so i could free up my evenings to do other things, which is awesome--it's nice to get the workout out of the way and to be able to come home after work and spend my evenings however i want. BUT, i'm so tired! all the freaking time! as i type this, i'm at work trying not to nod off at my desk, which is hard to do because i read for a living and reading makes me sleepy :(

what can i do, besides coffee? i go to bed around 10 each night and i don't think i can go to bed much earlier than that . . .

i thought exercise was supposed to up your energy levels, dammit! hehe
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Re: wake me up!

Postby ClakarEQ » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:28 pm

It sounds like the mind is what's tired, not the body. Not sure how long you've shifted your schedule or if you changed it like that everyday but it could just be getting your mind to catchup to the change.
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby 10sun » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Nap in the afternoon every couple of days. Does wonders for me.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Sithos » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:49 pm

If you just started the early morning workout then it'll actually take you up to 2 weeks for you to adjust to the new schedule.
Sithos
NT Oldtimer
NT Oldtimer

Postby leah » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:59 pm

hmmm, maybe you're right . . . i started last week (monday or tuesday, i can't remember) so maybe i'll give it another week or so and see how i'm doing. hopefully i'll catch up to my schedule because i don't want to keep throwing my money at lattes in a desperate attempt to stay awake during work ;)
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Drem » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:08 pm

i wouldn't drink coffee if you're tired. it'll help for an hour or whatever but then you crash and need another cup. waste of $

do what the other ppl said and wait til your body adjusts
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:18 pm

I find having a good breakfast will keep me awake much better than caffeine will. I forced myself to eat breakfast because I normally don't feel hungry.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:21 am

well, we've had this conversation before - but more calories and nutrients! you're working out so hard now and your body is trying to hold onto everything that it has. when you have a high-exercise routine, your calories will need to increase to compensate. less isn't always more =) calorie = energy

since you're working out so early in the morning, like harrison said you really need to eat a decent breakfast..not saying you need to get up and cook pancakes and eggs every morning, but at least a wholesome carb and a protein and a fruit. I've quite taken to a mock sausage mcmuffin made with egg beaters, boca sausage, low-fat cheese and a whole grain english muffin with some fruit on the side. the south beach bars are also good if you're just not hungry in the morning - have one of those (10g of protein in them) with some yogurt and fruit to get your metabolism going early.

take for instance Michael Phelps - I was told yesterday that during a cover story of him they said he eats something like 8000 calories a day. of course, he works out for a living, but that's just an example of someone who revs up the workouts but has to compensate for it by replenishing the body.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby vonkaar » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:50 am

Gypsiyee wrote: egg beaters

:puke:
Gaazy wrote:Now vonk on the other hand, is one of the most self absorbed know it alls in my memory of this site. Ive always thought so, and I still cant understand why in gods name he is here
vonkaar
Sexy Ass
Sexy Ass

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:43 am

lol I love em - they're no different than the eggs used in fast food restaurants, and they're wonderful for omelets and things like that because it's easy. personally, I don't find the taste any different than eggs (considering they're made out of eggs..!) unless I'm in the mood for a fried egg.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby brinstar » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:25 pm

eat vitamins noob
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:57 pm

egg beaters are ok but i like egg yolks so the beaters are kinda weak imo
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:16 am

Drem wrote:egg beaters are ok but i like egg yolks so the beaters are kinda weak imo

I love yolks.. they're the best part! but they're not so diet-friendly :(
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby araby » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:28 am

It's gonna take a few weeks to get used to your new schedule. My friend started waking up at 4:30 in order to run before work and it took several weeks for his body/mind to get used to it. Stick with it, everything will start to feel normal eventually!

I thought it was funny after I read this yesterday that I saw on Yahoo's web page an article about working out either morning/evening..but I can't find it now =\
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:16 am

i'm feeling OK today actually. though it's still early, of course. it's getting easier and easier to wake up in the morning, though, so that's cool. i really like having my evenings open again! hopefully this big push of exercise will get me some great results :D

i know i should take vitamins, for a variety of reasons (i think i tend towards anemia, for example), but i always forget :( if i had the presence of mind to keep them on hand when i take my birth control pill, it'd probably be easier to remember, but for some reason i just fail at vitamins.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum