For when I leave to BCT.

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Re: For when I leave to BCT.

Postby Gidan » Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 pm

To be honest, Army doctors in any way related to initial training arn't worth shit. I spent months going to them when my knee went to hell. I was on crutches for months, in the end when they couldn't figure it out they just decided nothing was wrong. Not once did they think "Hey he has had surgery on that knee and has hardware in it, maybe he should see an orthopedic". I get moved to a Navy base and 10 minutes into my first appointment, they were scheduling me to see an orthopedic surgeon. Listening to the AirForce doctor who was examining my knee rant about the Army TRADOC doctors was just amusing.

TRADOC Army medical diagnoses nothing wrong before they even look at you, its just how they work.

Watching them get put in their place is also very fulfilling.

While I was in BCT my DSGT noticed I was walking with a limp, finally after a week ending with a ruck march, he pulled me aside and asked what was wrong. Told him I was in pain but it was no big deal, I would deal with it. He ordered me to Sick Call (well after the normal time). My DSGT was a SFC and the SGT who was admitting at sick call started to scream at me for showing up after a training exersise faking an injury to get out of non required training in the field with my DSGT standing directly behind me. I got to watch my DSGT treat her just like any PVT in his company. When her CO came out and my DSGT explained that he ordered me to come, he then turned to her and again did the screaming and yelling thing just as she had done to me. I never saw her at the facility again. The whole scene was totally worth the 4 or 5 hours I sat around that place to get some ibuprofen.

I hated the medical center in general and avoided it like the plague until my knee finally went on me and forced me to go back. Guess my DSGTs figured face planing at the end of a run when my knee just went out from under me was reason enough to send me over and have someone carry me in.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Tue May 26, 2009 9:16 pm

My situation was different.

I've always figured doctor's having to do with IET were worthless. This wasn't one of those situations though.

I really am 100% fine. My GERD isn't going to cripple me down at Basic. Several concussions in my lifetime aren't going to either, but I understand why the fags want it checked out.

This is likely just going to be a small hiccup. I will write my governor himself if I fucking have to.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue May 26, 2009 9:17 pm

sack up, private! target the anus! farrrrrr torpedoes!!!
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed May 27, 2009 4:07 am

lol @ the 'civilian' angst before you've even made it through basic

being a cynic, if I had to bet right now.. I'd probably say you won't make it to basic based on your history of following things through. I really do hope you make it, though - I think it'd be really good for you.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Wed May 27, 2009 6:42 am

Good luck with it, and you'll get a waiver. Everyone does.

My nieces husband is a combat medic. He's been in 10 years and just made E-7. He's also dumber than a box of rocks. Promotions should be easy. His last two duty stations have been sitting at the counter of two medical clinics.

Boot is easy for all services. Even marines. Just shutup and watch the 2 months go by.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed May 27, 2009 6:32 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:lol @ the 'civilian' angst before you've even made it through basic

being a cynic, if I had to bet right now.. I'd probably say you won't make it to basic based on your history of following things through.

I missed this gem of cunt-dom.

Fuck you too. If I had it my way I'd be down there right now. I didn't go through the months of physical and mental conditioning for fucking funsies just to be stopped 2 hours before my flight.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gidan » Wed May 27, 2009 7:24 pm

My 2 year old could make it through the current version of BCT. I still just cant understand how some people just cant handle it.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Wed May 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Some people aren't mentally capable. As far as physically, *shrug* some people are lazy slobs. This is also different site to site like I said.

Jackson is a fucking joke.
Benning is the exact opposite.
Knox is intense, as is Sill...
etc. etc.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu May 28, 2009 4:54 am

Harrison wrote:
Gypsiyee wrote:lol @ the 'civilian' angst before you've even made it through basic

being a cynic, if I had to bet right now.. I'd probably say you won't make it to basic based on your history of following things through.

I missed this gem of cunt-dom.

Fuck you too. If I had it my way I'd be down there right now. I didn't go through the months of physical and mental conditioning for fucking funsies just to be stopped 2 hours before my flight.

meh, you call it cunt-dom, I call it calling a spade a spade. I'm sorry you're going through what you're going through, but seriously - respect is earned, not just given because you signed your name on some sheet of paper.

You can't just sign up for the army and then start cursing civilians for being worthless before you've even made it through training and expect people to worship you in support of the troops. far as I'm concerned, you're not part of the troops yet, and you spit on the respect that's usually given to them by expecting people to kiss your ass just because you talked to a recruiter and went through a physical. 2 years ago, you were all signed up for classes and ready to go to school, that never happened. you've talked about jobs in the works over the years that never happened. you just stop talking about them and move onto the next thing without even making an excuse lest anyone notice you didn't do something you set out to do again. you'll have to pardon me if I doubt your follow-through.

ever since you signed up, you've been littering every post about it in an overzealous malaysia fashion. hey, cool, you've found some life direction. I'm really glad, and I'm sad for you that it has to happen right as you found some happiness with a worthwhile girl. but until you're really there, you're still just talking out of your ass about how great you are and how everything else is beneath you. this is your MO, and that's fine.

like I said, I really hope everything does work out for you this time. I think that the army is probably the best course of action for you and it'll teach you a lot of shit you don't seem to understand. with any luck, it'll teach you some humility and get you to appreciate that everyone else in the world isn't shit on your boots. Excuses aren't going to be so widely accepted, so I imagine the neverending stream of mysterious illnesses you have will cease.

no respectable soldier I know walks around expecting the world to kiss his ass for being a soldier. they do what they do graciously. I've never, ever, in 25 years of living in high military population areas, met a soldier who started his sentence 'fucking civilians.' as long as you have that mentality, you're never going to learn anything. you don't know everything. you can say "you don't know shit about me" til the cows come home, but I think you've told everyone on this board enough about yourself to know plenty enough for an educated guess on your character. the world doesn't owe you shit, Harrison, and I really hope you get the chance to follow through, because I don't think you'll ever learn that without this.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Thu May 28, 2009 6:49 am

Given your love of America is so great that you imported a boyfriend despite living in so called high military areas, you might want to just cool your flame jets, princess. Way to buy American! I'd not talk about respectable military people when you haven't served. :2m16:

There are a lot of soldiers walking around expecting people to kiss their asses and worship them. We call them officers. Seriously, people in the military are no different from normal people, except they've served. Harrison hasn't yet so comparing him to those who have is not very relevant. Harrison is also very young. He'll grow up and the military will be good for him.

That, or someone will accidently toss a grenade into his tent when he's out in the field...
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Thu May 28, 2009 6:53 am

Gypsiyee wrote:Image
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu May 28, 2009 7:03 am

what the fuck does where my s/o came from have to do with my love of my country? absolutely jack and shit. I haven't served, no, but a good majority of my friends and family have - those who have loyally served in WWII, Vietnam, and Iraq. I have a tremendous respect for that sacrifice. Harrison has yet to make a sacrifice and yet expects people to be saluting him in the streets.

I said I know no respectable soldiers who expect the world to kiss their ass because they're soldiers. Not that there weren't any soldiers who did. Likewise, I don't know of any respectable civilians who expect people to bow down to them for their status.

Seriously, people in the military are no different from normal people, except they've served

Kind of my entire point. You haven't been around for a few months so you've missed the "civilians are retards, I'm a soldier. Oh, did I mention I'm a soldier? Because I am. I pretty much know everything about military life since I enlisted. Yeah, I can relate, because I'm in the army." fest from Harrison.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Thu May 28, 2009 7:25 am

Yes, you had some good points. However, when the crux of your discussion is your time spent around military bases and your knowledge of military personnel, then the fact you aren't with one and mail ordered a dude is relevant, in my very humble opinion.

It's no different than someone voting Democrat and discussing how good unions are and how important American auto manufacturers are, before going out and hopping in their Toyota or Honda or Lexus.

Harrison is who he is and will make those statements. I can't in any fun manner correct him since it'd be piling on. I've missed poking fun at you, though, Gyp.

Harrison will get a waiver. I don't know how boot is anymore, but from what Gidan and others I know have told me it's nothing like it used to be.

I'm curious if other military training is being toned down. I've been through a ton of it, and it was pretty tough in the 80s. Especially SERE, Aircrew, rescue swimmer, and DLI. I guess if we aren't waterboarding terrorists anymore, it's probably being phased out in SERE.

p.s. I've read this entire thread, and the only thing I saw was Zan, Adam, and you trolling. It's just the normal let's attack harrison since he will retaliate agenda that's been going on for years. I didn't see anything trolling or wrong from Harri. Self absorbed, sure. Trolling or over the top, nah.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu May 28, 2009 7:47 am

when the crux of your discussion is your time spent around military bases and your knowledge of military personnel

this is hardly the crux of my discussion - it's just additional opinion based on my own personal experiences. and for the love of god, I've been in my relationship for over 3 years - take the mail order shit and shove it up your ass, it's incredibly disrespectful to someone who isn't here to defend himself. Falling in love with someone who happens to live in another country is completely irrelevant to this discussion - based on your argument, I should've married a soldier I don't give a shit about just for the sake of american pride. That's blind and insincere patriotism that makes absolutely no sense.

I suppose that since I'm not with a natural born american, I should also throw all of my civil rights out the window? People who actually have the drive and desire to come here and do the work to come here often care more and do more for this country than do naturally born citizens who don't get the opportunity to appreciate it. It's kind of like hollywood starletts - they never appreciate what they have because they haven't had to work for it. As an aside, you do realize that permanent residents can be american soldiers too, right?

I didn't troll this thread until he went on his "hurr, civilian doctors are stupid" shit. I guess he's not in the loop yet on military hospitals being notorious for terrible service and mediocre doctors. The constant soldier talk has been a la Markarado and littered through tons of threads, not just this one. If it was just this one, I would be entirely out of line and a total cunt since this is sort of his little goodbye thing. Not that I think myself exempt from that definition, but just letting you know that it's not been exclusive to this thread.

And I've missed my discussions with you too, but fuck if you're not a jackass sometimes >.< I hope your little one is tearing your ass up.

PS - I voted Democrat, and I have a Toyota.. and a Volkswagon... oh nos!
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Arlos » Thu May 28, 2009 9:32 am

If you want a story about terrible military doctors, just ask Azlana about her experience with the Air Force doctors when she went to boot.

Basically, she completely tore her ACL in a fall, and they just kept telling her it was a mild sprain and to just gut it out....

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Thu May 28, 2009 9:41 am

We weren't talking about permanent residents, legal aliens, or men in black. We were discussing you being near bases and eligible good American young guys, yet going foreign. Same with your car. Sad. Your kiwi sounds like a splendid smart fella. Maybe it will rub off on you.

I drive a Dodge Dakota, and my girl isn't mail ordered, either. I buy American! Wait, is Dodge still American? Last I heard Fiat was buying them, and since my great grandparents came over on the boat from Italy, it's sort of dual Patriotism!

Don't worry. Last I heard Al Gore drove a Lexus hybrid, and still flies private jets. You are in good company with your standards!

Harrison I think is trying to get the fact the doctors at MEPS are paid to be overtly critical. It's like the Death Penalty. It's better to leave a thousand murderers alive in jail, than execute one innocent man. Harrison, if you still look like an Amish peasant can you blame them for wanting to have your head examined. :dunno: You'll get the waiver.

p.s. Nice to hear from you again Gyp. Hope things are good, but you should consider buying from Government Motors and supporting our President better!

p.p.s. Socialized Medicine sure does suck! It'd be terrible if someone tried to spend trillions on a nationalized health care system with doctors with quota's and rushing through procedures, like those poor military ones.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu May 28, 2009 10:14 am

There were perfectly lovely men where I grew up, I just didn't have romantic feelings for them - such is life. You don't really choose who you fall in love with (up to speculation, of course, but my opinion. Jonathan was a lot of work to be with. If I didn't love him, I woulda thrown him out and gone the easy domestic route.) Lots of friends made there, though! Not to mention, love them as I do.. most of them are not the relationship type - they like to stay single and boink lots of different girls in lots of different places, and good on 'em for it!

and I drive a volks and a toyota because I've never bought anything new.. my truck was the ex's, bought on a ford lot - he got the house, I got the truck. The VW we got for a steal from a friend's work. Plus, I'm not big on unions unless absolutely necessary (railroad work is one of those situations I think they're necessary, for example) - I mean they're there for a reason, but in most cases they're really outdated and useless for all but lazy shmucks by today's standards.

Universal healthcare is another debate, Mr. Political Pot-stirrer, but there are plenty of instances that it works, and quite well. It's all about the implementation. I don't think Hillarycare would've worked at all practically, but there are plenty of balanced viable options to implement a better healthcare system for the US.

PS! I'm a registered independent since I was 18 - I voted for Bush :(, remember?! Not my fault the GOP keeps f'in up so bad that I've polarized!
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Thu May 28, 2009 10:40 am

Ladies, please keep this focused on Harrison.

If you want to discuss politics, go elsewhere.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Harrison » Thu May 28, 2009 11:38 am

Lol vaginaraged

I only mentioned they were civilian doctors to separate them from the others. And Lyion is right. They're supposed to be overly critical but, I've already made it through their physicals and to pull this faggot shit 2 hours before my flight is Ridiculous with a capital 'R'.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Thu May 28, 2009 11:39 am

Lyion wrote:p.s. I've read this entire thread, and the only thing I saw was Zan, Adam, and you trolling. It's just the normal let's attack harrison since he will retaliate agenda that's been going on for years. I didn't see anything trolling or wrong from Harri. Self absorbed, sure. Trolling or over the top, nah.

I must say I was tempted to comment on apparently failing to mention his medical history to his new doctors but I thought it wasn't in good taste. I mean, medical records transfer to your new doctor every time. You can't really hide anything.... so you might as well be honest. They're not being paid to be critical, they're being paid to be careful. They aren't doing it to ruin your day. If they let that slip and then for some unknown reason you had an aneurysm and died at training, your family could probably sue the military. So they have to have everything okayed. I can't believe you guys even get upset about stuff like this. Because from what I read it sounds like if he woulda told them about it then he'd be gtg right now. I imagine you were real close but had this inkling of suspicion that someone might bring up those concussions right before you left. ANd sure enough..... but maybe I'm just interpreting the situation wrong and they did know about and talk about it in the past and just randomly decided to hold you for more testing or whatever

Anyways, looks like Lyion is sinking further into his cynical BS. Did you really just call Gypsiyee's man mail-ordered? Or did I miss something and he really is? I hope I'm not that slow and you're just that ridiculous. Keep buying "American" and waving your dick around about it. Maybe after a while you'll realize the whole country's just a melting pot of every ethnicity and culture on the planet except in backwaters towns full of fucked-up white people
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu May 28, 2009 6:17 pm

tbqh, yes, harrison has a holier-than-thou attitude about being in the malaysian military

but that's no different than his holier-than-thou attitude about being a high school dropout or a KSE fan or a closet racist or a political cheerleader, it's just the way he is-- thinks he's right about everything and doesn't give a shit otherwise

also, regardless of whether the "mail-order dude" comment was above or below the belt, i honestly fail to see its relevance to the ongoing catfight ITT

peanut gallery commentary over, continue your :gayfight:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gidan » Thu May 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Lyion wrote:I'm curious if other military training is being toned down. I've been through a ton of it, and it was pretty tough in the 80s. Especially SERE, Aircrew, rescue swimmer, and DLI. I guess if we aren't waterboarding terrorists anymore, it's probably being phased out in SERE.

Most of the special training from those I have spoken with have not changed much and if anything are getting more difficult. One of the soldiers I was working with had just completed SFAS and SFQC, his father had also completed the training many years earlier. He said the training was more or less identical but slightly more demanding. My guess is that they are getting more people who want to be SF then before and need to weed through a bit more. SERE is still a requirement for SF and I don't recall him mentioning anything about it being any easier then SFAS or SFQC were.

My DSGT was a sapper and from what he mentioned, sapper training is almost exactly the same as it always has been. I would guess that Ranger is probably also the same as it has always been.

I can tell you from speaking with my own Dive instructors that dive training has not gotten any easier and since it mixes a bit with rescue swimmer training, my guess is that hasn't changed much either. Considering the trend, it seems like they are focusing on moral much more in entry level training as its required by all individuals who wish to serve, but when it comes to special training, it seems to be staying just as rough.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Lyion » Thu May 28, 2009 8:24 pm

That's good to hear. It should be tough.

I'd guess UDT or BUDS will always remain brutal. However, if boot is wimpified, it wouldn't have surprised me if other training was toned down.
I hope not, as it's needed, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I've been out of the military since 1993 and outside of contact with some friends have no clue about how things have changed.

/tangent on

I do wish the military were revamped so the four services were shuttered and combined into one. This would enable massive cost savings, reduce duplication of services, and provide for a single command structure, instead of 10 times the officers we need who are a waste of cash. It also allows equitable distribution of deployments and a more fair method of duty station allocation. While we're at it get rid of redundant military bases, mostly overseas and bring our troops to bases solely in America. It's time to end the bloat and the outdated cold war base setup.

The 'tradition' line is bullshit. We should do the right thing and revamp the military, not allow for sentimentality to overcome common sense. The billions we'd save and higher quality of life for people would make it worthwhile.

/tangent off
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gidan » Thu May 28, 2009 10:27 pm

I agree with you 100% on this. All services should be merged into a single force. There is no need to have them specifically separated the way they are. And yes we should have far fewer bases around the world, its not like we can not project force in a very short time to any point on the globe from here.
Gidan
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Harrison » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:01 am

This is really depressing me. I am still waiting to see a neurologist...

This is fucking ridiculous. :(
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

PreviousNext

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum