How often do you drink?

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

How often do you drink?

Postby Jay » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:39 am

Simple question for you guys.

I have 1 or 2 beers before bed a few times a week. I will go for a social night of drinking (4 or 5 beers or shots) maybe once every 3 weeks to a month and I will get smashed (7-x) maybe once every 3-6 months or so.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Re: How often do you drink?

Postby Ganzo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:49 am

I have a glass or two of wine every Firday night and i have few beers watching football on Sunday with friends. Thats about it
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Menelvir » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:52 am

I have one beer (Guinness) or a glass of wine with a meal about three times a week on average.

A difficult or annoying day at work may entail one or two shots of whiskey afterwards.

I usually only get smashed on special occasions, and usually only on hard liquor (the aforementioned whiskey, rum, vodka, tequila, etc.), though I hydrate with water over a long period of drinking.

It's been longer than I can remember since I got fucked up enough to throw up and/or pass out. I did enough of that in my high school days, I don't miss it.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby leah » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:41 am

i have 3 drinks per week on average—meaning there are lots of weeks i have zero and some weeks where there's more than that. drinks of choice are either dry red wine or guinness. i get hammered probably once every other month, if that. and on those occasions, i drink either bacardi/diet or vodka/la croix.

and there's probably one or two occasions a year for getting champagne drunk because omg i love champagne.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tikker » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:07 am

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Reynaldo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:17 pm

Pretty much identical to Ganzo.

I'll have a few beers on Friday night after the work week then probably 6 during the entire day on Sunday watching NFL games.
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Drem » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:33 pm

We have upwards of 70 types of bourbon alone, not counting irish, scotch, japanese, and rye whiskeys. So i try a new one every day. I never get drunk, but i get close sometimes. Drinking for free doesn't help. And i keep a case of something at home at all times. Right now i've got Stiegl
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:48 pm

depends on what i'm doing

if i'm playing a show you can bet i'm having 4-8 drinks, though i space them far enough apart so that i am sober by the time i leave

if i go downtown after softball and there's lots of people out i'll get lit up (5-10) because i know if i get in trouble i can walk home

if i go downtown after softball and it's dead i'll have 1-2 and then come home

drinking at home kinda comes and goes - sometimes i'll kill a 1.75L in a week, sometimes i won't have any for a month. right now i'm on a dry-ish spell (haven't had any since sunday)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:05 am

urgh last night i had an entire bottle of wine. MISTAKES.

my best friend has officially started the interview process for finding a tenure-track university job and the first one was in pennsylvania and she killed it so we're preparing for the inevitable truth that she's eventually going to move away somewhere. sooooo we maybe killed a bottle of wine apiece drowning our sorrows. plus then my basement renter came home and had broken up with his girlfriend so he joined in the self-medicating.

it's gonna be a long day. who drinks on thursday nights?!
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Ganzo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:57 am

I think that the last time I was legitimate shitfaced drunk was when my wife was 4 month pregnant, I knew that I had to stay sober later in her pregnancy in case of emergency so I had a last hurray drinking party with my friends and ended up drinking a whole bottle of Hennessey by myself.

Strangely I never picked up drinking after my daughter was born and she is almost 8 already. Not like I had a drinking problem before, but I was drinking a lot of hard liquor mostly Stolichnaya, Gray Goose or Hennessey and was shitfaced on average few times a week. Now I never feel like I want to have anything stronger than a beer; I do wine on Friday night because that is what you are suppose to drink on Shabbat and we almost never home and doing Shabbat dinner with friends or with our Rabbi who drinks like a fish, so I have few glasses.

Wonder if it is a sign that I am getting old
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Durothil Skyreaver » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:15 am

The last time I had anything was probably back in July. I can go years between drinks, and have done so in the past.
Durothil Skyreaver
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:22 am

leah wrote:urgh last night i had an entire bottle of wine. MISTAKES.

my best friend has officially started the interview process for finding a tenure-track university job and the first one was in pennsylvania and she killed it so we're preparing for the inevitable truth that she's eventually going to move away somewhere. sooooo we maybe killed a bottle of wine apiece drowning our sorrows. plus then my basement renter came home and had broken up with his girlfriend so he joined in the self-medicating.

it's gonna be a long day. who drinks on thursday nights?!

This past Thursday, probably lots of people.

I haven't had anything to drink in a week or so because I've been laid out at home with pneumonia.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Lately it's 2-3 weeks apart.

Depends on who is home. Most of my friends are in and out of the state a lot, or hours away.

My girlfriend and I don't really drink together anymore since our son was born. No babysitters yet.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby 10sun » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Last year at this time, I would have told you approximately 50oz of beer a night (2-3 20oz drafts).

My doctor told me to try to chill on drinking in February to help control my blood pressure (pre-hypertension etc).

So I did.

Toned it down to 1-2 20oz drafts a week.
On vacation I drink a bit more.
For my birthday I had maybe 4x 20oz over 6 hours.

So yeah, I have lost some weight, dropped my blood pressure, and I don't miss it much at all.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Menelvir » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:42 pm

10sun wrote:[...]

My doctor told me to try to chill on drinking in February to help control my blood pressure (pre-hypertension etc).

[...]

So yeah, I have lost some weight, dropped my blood pressure, and I don't miss it much at all.

That's awesome -- I have to admit, my blood pressure is on the high side as well, so I've mainly been trying to avoid salt (as difficult as that is - because it's in everything) as much as possible.

It never occurred to me that cutting alcohol consumption would help with high blood pressure.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby 10sun » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:12 pm

It also puts a great deal of cash back in my pocket.
I am putting back $250 a month more than I was before even though I'm actually making less a month.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Tossica » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:08 pm

I drink 10-12 beers a week on average. If I am gigging, I'll have 4-5 in a night or if it's a party at my warehouse, I might have more. I drink maybe 1 mixed drink or small glass of bourbon a week. I generally don't drink more than 1 beer a night during the week and many times nothing at all between weekends.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gaazy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 pm

I have completely 100% quit drinking. I used to drink a LOT, especially through and after college. But, due to recent problems with the little devil and drugs, I cant afford to have my judgement impaired one single bit, so I just quit completely
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Gaazy wrote:I have completely 100% quit drinking. I used to drink a LOT, especially through and after college. But, due to recent problems with the little devil and drugs, I cant afford to have my judgement impaired one single bit, so I just quit completely

Good for you man. Keep it up.

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tikker » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 pm

Last edited by Tikker on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Drem » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:52 am

Hahahahah
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Its not the booze that will get ya its the heartburn.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum