resistance systems

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

resistance systems

Postby Phlegm » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:06 pm

Mop, what do you think of these resistance systems: bowflew, wieder's crossbow and gold's gym powerflex?
Phlegm
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:15 pm

Heh well hoestly bowflex was the best clothes hanger we ever owned =P

Really I think they are good for their design, Tho I felt the bowflex was a little unstable at times, and according to the recalls they are going through I wasn't the only one.

They are great for developmental and balance strength, they are not good for trying to gain lots of (any real) mass or power. I think for a novice or someone really with no time and the money to spend they are great. For anyone past the initial lifting levels, they will platue quick and not see alot of results past 6 - 8 months ( again imo)

That being said Bowflex does make an awesome dumbell system, extremly portable that doesn't take up lots of space and goes from 2.5 -52.5 lb for each dumbell. plawdoh.

All of this is stated on a bowflex which is the only one I have used extensivly - for around 6 months until we sold ours. Tho I didn't really like the bowflex we owned, I have noticed a great trend in boflexand their parent company nataulis creating some great home training systems like the tech dumbells and the tredclimber that I think in 5 - 10 years could really start pushing more fitness oriented people out of gyms and into their homes for the same monthly cost.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum