Total Gym

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Total Gym

Postby Trielelvan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:31 pm

Mop, have you ever used this machine before?
Do you think it's worth the cash?

The idea that it uses your own body weight to work you sounds pretty sound. When I first tried pilates, they made me more sore than any other excercise routine ever has. I figured that was a good sign lol. That totally uses your own body weight as resistance.

I am considering buying one to add a kick to daily stuff, but I have never used one before.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Mop » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:46 pm

awesome for pilates type tuff, stacy's mom has one I really like the feel of it. It is much more smooth than I would have guessed.

The nice part about the total gym is you can do a lot of movements increasing flexabilityin your body and you can also do lots of hold/ poses as in pilates to create tone and strength. I really think it is a great machine. When we had to set up our gym I asked for those over pilates machines for class stuff because of how versatile they are. I think they are a great investment - even if you decide later on to use more weight stuff you can still use it for pilates, yoga stuff.

I also am very high on the fact that it places alot of focus on the core, not just the abs but the lower back, hips and torso..to help create a more functional human body.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Trielelvan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:04 pm

Coolies then. Thanks for your feedback :)

That sounds exactly what I am looking for - strength + flexibility, but not necessarily building muscle mass.
HyPhY GhEtTo MaMi wrote:GeT ofF mAh OvaRiEz
Trielelvan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum