Dear Mop: Crunches

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Dear Mop: Crunches

Postby Mop » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:08 am

Q ( paraphrased )
I am working on doing crunches every day and getting sharp pain in my lower back, mostly on an decline crunch.

A- More than likely your lower back is experienceing the pain from lack of support and years of gym teachers telling us the wrong ways to do crunches / sit ups. First thing you should do is get a balance / pt ball - they are fairly cheap and will help get rid of back pain, and work your abs harder than a normal crunch.

SEcondly are you doing any exercises for your lower back? That too could be the problem. basic reverse crunches may help strengthen the spine and those core muscles in your lower back to help.

Do you get the pain any other time? If so I would consult a chiropractor, it could be something else.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Scoota McGee » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:23 am

That's fucking weird. I'm at work and I was just thinking my back was sore from doing crunches. Thanks for the mind read!
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

-Dr. Walter Williams
Scoota McGee
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby araby » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:18 pm

The ab workout I've been on lately works the back and abs simultaneously and it gave me the "finger"s on my ribs.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Samboa » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:24 pm

What is this balance/pt ball you speak of?
Samboa
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Mop » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:58 am

Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum