Brad Pitt in Fight Club

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Brad Pitt in Fight Club

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:11 am

How?

:dunno:
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Tacks » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:18 am

oh
Tacks
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:19 am

Don't misunderstand, I'm 80% of the way there :)

err...75/80
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:29 am

His cut. I read a wihle ago not sure the truth to this or not

He was on a 2 hour 5 day a week program and was a strict High protien, low carb low fat diet. IE 2 chicken breast and 4 asparagus spears would be his meal.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:31 am

That's exactly what I am doing. I eat about 200 grams of protein a day (I am 5' 10" 160 pounds) and very little carbs / fat.

I go to the gym for about an hour and a half a day, I do weights, then abs, then 20-30 minutes of cardio 4 (consectutive) days a week.

And yoga after the workout on Thursdays...don't make fun.

Should I alter that routine at all Mop?
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:36 am

Are you still seeing results with it? if so I wouldn't change anything until your results start to slow down alot. I am assuming you're doing a split

Yoga is awesome I would add in a day of Pilates if at all possible. I usualy cant get to yoga which is sad since I work in a gym - so I do it at home a couple days a week -- great stuffs
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:42 am

Yes I am seeing results, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing else I can do.

I hear that if you are cutting carbs out and bumping up the protein you will suffer a protein loss because when you excersise your energy will draw on your protein if there are little carbs to draw on.

Is there any way I can limit the amount of protein taken for energy when I work out? Is there a pre-workout carb bar out there or something?

Or are the people telling me that full of shit?

Don't get me wrong, I still eat SOME carbs, like in a turkey wrap, wheat bread for a sandwich or the occassional michelob ultra, but my diet mostly consists of 40 gram protein powder shakes, 32 gram protein bars, regular flavor organic oatmeal, salad and ALOT of chicken and tuna. I have yet to get into egg whites ~

P.S. and I snack on veggies carrots/celery with cottage cheese. And I also opt for skim milk for dinner, usually two full glasses at 8 grams of protein per 1 measured cup.

These are all recent changes so we'll see how it goes.
Last edited by Ginzburgh on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:44 am

eat a slow burning carb pre work out - oats, fruit or veggies something like that

I personally like a shake w/ blue berries seems to work welll for myself

What happens is your body looks for easy carbs first, slow carbs second, fats third, protien as a last resort - the problem is protien is hard on the system to break down limiting your energy levels and will usually your body will try to use the protien and use muscle protien at the same time since muscle is easier to break down and digest than normal protien.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:46 am

So if I eat 1 measured cup of regular flavored oatmeal 30 minutes before the workout (along with the Trac Creatine I take) I should be good to go?

And should I take that Trac Creatine? Or is it rubbish?
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Mop » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:50 am

Creatine is good for you - as long as you are not experiencing constant muscle cramps while working out - causes that in a small % of people. Most people can take 2 grams of creatine a day. if your diet sucks your body wont produce enough and need the supplement, probally a year from now you wont need itas much as your diet is fairly clean it sounds anyway. Maybe a 6 week cycle evey 6 months
Last edited by Mop on Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby araby » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:50 am

Ginzburgh wrote:Don't get me wrong, I still eat SOME carbs, like in a turkey wrap, wheat bread for a sandwich or the occassional michelob ultra, but my diet mostly consists of 40 gram protein powder shakes,

ITH NOT JUITH ITH A HEALTH THAKE

ps, I've been told that Miller Lite is better than Mich Ultra...not sure if that is correct or not. personally I do the Miller lite
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ginzburgh » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:06 am

I drink red wine mostly anyway.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum