Coundown to healthier me: -110 lbs 5/18/06 (start 4/19/05)

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:23 am

Since this seems to be the update thread, here you go.

After 10 days of working out, I have lost 8 pounds and 1% body fat %. That is all.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby The Kizzy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:28 am

Oh, and I founf out that I can leg press 275 pounds, but only bench press 95 :(
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:56 am

i've stopped focusing on poundage and am now paying more attention to getting into shape.

gas shortage is motivating me to bike whenever possible, and i go to the Y daily and run a mile or so and then do some lifting, and every morning when i get up i do 100 or so crunches.

the most exciting thing i've discovered after having lost so much weight is that i have a ton of energy and i'm not ashamed to be seen in public in shorts and a little teeny workout shirt, so now i'm more inclined to do so.

i never though being fit could be fun! who knew.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:45 am

QUEEN OF ALL THAT IS GOOD wrote:Oh, and I founf out that I can leg press 275 pounds, but only bench press 95 :(

Thats ok.. just more room for improvement. That is still very good.
Are you doing 3 sets of 15 at those weights? After three plus years of working out I leg press about 290 3 sets of 15 and my chest press is probably also only a few more lbs then yours. Usually when I do a chest press though I lay on the PT Ball so I am also activating my abs at the same time. I can do 25lbs dumbells when I do that. So you are strong!
Good job so far.

Leah - You totally have the right idea. Focusing on poundage is bad.
I still do it though along with lots of other measures to look at the whole picture but I admit I am insane. Dana will 2nd that.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:46 am

QUEEN OF ALL THAT IS GOOD wrote:Oh, and I founf out that I can leg press 275 pounds, but only bench press 95 :(

Thats ok.. just more room for improvement. That is still very good.
Are you doing 3 sets of 15 at those weights? After three plus years of working out I leg press about 290 3 sets of 15 and my chest press is probably also only a few more lbs then yours. Usually when I do a chest press though I lay on the PT Ball so I am also activating my abs at the same time. I can do 25lbs dumbells when I do that. So you are strong!
Good job so far.

Leah - You totally have the right idea. Focusing on poundage is bad.
I still do it though along with lots of other measures to look at the whole picture but I admit I am insane. Dana will 2nd that.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:27 pm

I flew out to Chicago this weekend to visit my brother and soon to be sister in law. Also met my mother there and 2nd cousin. My mother flew in from Jersey and my cousin lives out in the burbs of Chicago Everyone was impressed with my weight loss and how healthy I looked. It felt so good to get all the compliments. I was wearing all sorts of new clothing and just feeling really good about my progress.

The real wow for me was the plane ride. I was able to tighten that belt with several inches to spare. For once I wasn't spilling into the guys seat next to me and having to struggle to cross my arms over my body so I wouldn't invade the other persons space.

Another good wow was my eating and workouts while I was there. I did fantastic. I even took a 75 minute spin cycle class at the same gym that Oprah works out at - East Bank Club:
http://eastbankclub.com/generalinfo/about.php
It was HUGE! My brother is so lucky to have a membership there. The place is amazing. More like a country club then a gym. It has spa services, 3 pools, and 25,000 square feet of cardiovascular space with more than 450 pieces of cardiovascular equipment and nine 72-inch screen televisions. 1/4-mile indoor running track and a 60-bike group cycling studio, basketball, volleyball.. I could go on and on. I was in heaven!

Yesterday morning my mother and I walked all over Chicago before we went to the airport. We also walked with our 50lbs suitcases 7 blocks to the train and all over O'Hare Airport. It was nice to be able to keep up with her and walk at a quick pace. She had to tell me to slow down! She is like speedy gonzalez when she walks.

My quality of life is just so much better now. I am really thankful and feel blessed to be able to go through this whole transformation.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am

-71 lbs this morning... still going strong.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby araby » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:55 pm

=)
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby liquidstayce » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:24 pm

hi ash .. it is sort of bittersweet lately though.. my hormones are just so fuxored
trying my best to work with my dr's to get them under control. I guess when your fat cells shrink and you drop a lot of weight it flushes out hormones you need. Trying to stay as sane as possible (and hoping Mop will be able to as well).
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:12 am

Hormones back under control and down around 80lbs give or take a couple.

Start:
Size 22-24
Weight 281
Bra: 42 C/D
Ring size 7 1/2
Shoe size 8
BP 151/110

Size 12-14
Weight 200
Bra 36 C
Ring size 5
Shoe 7 1/2
BP 116/64

Other milestones and benefits at 7+ months out since I started this journey:
-Ability to wear belts, knee high boots, low-rise jeans, sexy lingerie, clothes from juniors department
-running with no ankle or knee pain
-less to no back pain
-no injuries from increased activity (use to sprain and twist ankle, hurt back, etc often)
-having room to spare in a standard size bath tub
-room to spare in an airplane seat
-shopping in regular clothing stores (no more lane bryant or plus size clothing)
-not feeling like im being crushed when laying on my back
-more confidence
-better self-esteem
-improved body image (although I still struggle sometimes)
-more energy
-less obsessed and focused on food - not eating and thinking at the same time what am I going to eat next
-feeling full after eating just 1 cup of food (never felt full before)

Things I need to keep working on:
- making sure I take all my vitamins all the time (sometimes I forget to take my 2nd iron pill)
- consistent exercise (has been hard with the hormonal issues, flu, pain - just have not had real consistency like I use to yet)
- keep focusing on getting in 100 - 120 grams of protein in a day(so far doing great with this and need to keep it up)
- tri training
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Adivina » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:26 am

WOW LS! It's amazing to see the difference in your measurements and various clothing and jewelry sizes. Its one thing to hear someone lost 81 pounds, but you don't realize how much that really is until they tell you they have lost a shoe size, ring sizes, inches off their rib cage etc.

Great work!
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:47 pm

Thanks. It is so cool!!!!! Never thought I would drop ring sizes.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Gypsiyee » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:37 pm

better send Mop to the jewelry store to show off those new slender fingers
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Mop » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:54 am

Gypsiyee wrote:better send Mop to the jewelry store to show off those new slender fingers

Mop is tempted to edit this post before she reads it.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Adivina » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:37 am

Rofls!

She deserves some pretty new jewelry for her huge accompishment!
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby liquidstayce » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:45 pm

I've been shopping so much lately and getting my own gifts that he does not need to add to the pile. lol Just this last week I got 2 new pairs of shoes, two sweaters, and a gorgeous new Dooney And Bourke handbag. I've been buying new clothes non-stop for the last few months. Replaced my entire wardrobe. I must have eight new suits, about 15 new sweaters, a pile of new skirts, two new pairs of leather boots, and the list goes on. I've also gotten a couple of my own rings and 3 beautful new silver necklaces as well as a few pairs of earrings. Then of course there is all the new lingerie, bras, and panties. That on top of the nail appointments and highlights in my hair........I couldn't ask for a better husband. I don't need diamonds to prove that. Him not complaining about my compulsive shopping and high maintainence beauty regimine is gift enough! Matter of fact most of the time he will support it by saying how good this or that looks. When I feel guilty about spending 150-200 bucks on my hair he says go for it, it will make you feel good... now how many husbands tell there woman to go spend money??!!
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Savanna » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:52 pm

Quite the keeper he is Stacy! Sadly, I get all excited to find maternity clothes that are somewhat stylish and i'm growing in the opposite direction, although very very slowly it seems. Ven only slightly gasped at my spending thankfully!

~sav
Savanna
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby Mop » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:53 pm

she is making me sound nicer than I am, I still pop her in the mouth when she gets out of line.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby liquidstayce » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:10 pm

Mop wrote:she is making me sound nicer than I am, I still pop her in the mouth when she gets out of line.
:rofl:

I bet you look great Sav =) Ven is another keeper for sure!
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby mojo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:13 am

liquidstayce
wonderfull

dont stop@

treat yourself!

dont stop@
mojo
NT Aviak
NT Aviak

Postby liquidstayce » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:57 pm

thanks mo

hmm.. up a couple pounds probably thanks to the Lupron Depot shot http://www.lupron.com
It basically interrupts the messages in the pituitary gland/brain and shuts down all hormone making so that you go into a temporary menopause. I get fun hot flashes and headaches on top of the weight gain. So far I have not turned into Linda Blair Exorcist again though. My moods have been good. Just got the shot 2 days ago. It will help my gyn to see better when I have surgery on the 29th- D&C and Hysteroscopy. I'm low iron too from losing so much blood for over a month straight. YUCKY. Seems I probably have Endometriosis on top of the 2 small fibroids in my uterus. It's been really painful and has messed with my ability to exercise as much lately.
Last edited by liquidstayce on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:58 pm

:ugh: double post
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby araby » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:20 pm

say goodbye to your boobs =(

worst thing to happen when I lost weight. seriously.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:21 pm

say goodbye to your boobs =(

worst thing to happen when I lost weight. seriously.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby araby » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:21 pm

well then.
araby
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

PreviousNext

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum