Coundown to healthier me: -110 lbs 5/18/06 (start 4/19/05)

Exercise, Parenting, Children, Family info.
Extremely moderated.

Moderators: Mop, Dictators in Training

Postby liquidstayce » Sat May 28, 2005 2:51 pm

Darcler wrote:Someone shoto me plrase. I hurt, thugh drugs rae rstarting to kicj in a lttle bit, I need ab=nother nap.

lol.. hope you are feeling better soon and the drugs are doing the job!
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Tue May 31, 2005 11:21 am

Darc - How do you feel?

Now down 28lbs on 5/31. Able to do much more activity. This morning I was in the gym and did 45 min of cardio. Most of it was all out running on the treadmill. Granted the speed was not that high but my HR was fantastic - kept it around 150 majority of the time. Also did some incline walking inbetween running/jogging.
I felt really energized after and it has carried through to this afternoon (1:30pm).
Dana is going to train me tomorrow on some resistance training.

Gall Bladder update: No major pain the last few days and no pain at all today.
YAY! :balloons: :boots:
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Darcler » Tue May 31, 2005 3:17 pm

Cong on the loss!
I'm doing better by comparison. I slept most of Friday. I was able to mosey around my moms house on Sat, I slept on the recliner because laying on my back flat or my side would cause my tummy skin to move and split my belly button open. Sitting up slightly was ok. Sun I went to a reunion and they didnt know why. They all said they wouldnt have come if it were them. I was guilt tripped by my mom to go. I left early because I was drugged up and falling asleep all over the place. Mon I went to my cousins 3rd bday party. That was fun. I was feeling much better that day. Even though they told me not to swim for a week, I still went in the hot tub. It was Hailey's first time to go swimming. She loved it.
Today, my belly button still hurts like fire (Hailey kicked me there earlier while I was changing her diaper) but my side is fine, just aches a little when I stand up from sitting or if I slouch.
On a related weight loss note, I went to the DR to get the refereal for surgery and they weighed me, then weighed me again at the surgeon's office, I had lost 10lbs in 3 days...I'm sure it was less because the family doctor kinda just flipped the weight around until it was floating around the thingy....but yeah, it still made me feel better. And I am sure I have lost a bit more because I havent eaten much and I have to tie these shorts now to stay up.
Nap time again.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby liquidstayce » Tue May 31, 2005 5:33 pm

They went through your belly button?!!! OMG! Ow. .. or is that just sore from the surgery. Did they do it LAP or open?

I'm confused.. the ref for your gall bladder surgery? Why did you have to get it after the fact?

Careful you don't over do it!
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:47 am

down 38lbs as of today :balloons:
Started at size 2X or 22 and now Size 14/16

Daily/Weekly Goals:
- Keep protein intake around 80 - 100grams/ NO SUGAR
- Exercise minimally 5 days a week
- Swim 1-2x per week
- fit in afternoon workouts when morning workouts are missed
- try split workouts (cardio before work and lift after work or visa versa)
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:08 am

you're doing amazing stacy, i'm proud and damn impressed!

man i am so jealous of how fast your results move hehe

it took me about 10 months to go from 22 to 14. :/

at 15 months (right now) i'm sporting 9/10, although i put on a 7/8 yesterday. ^_^
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Darcler » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:01 pm

Dont be jealous. She had a surgical procedure to make her results go this fast. Cong on your natural weight loss. And CONG Stacy on her loss as well. Keep it up and eat right. I've seen what happens when you cheat on the staple tummy diet :ugh:
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Lyion » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:35 pm

Wow, great job Stacy. Very inspiring, and I'm trying to get off my butt and get rolling.

I still want to work up to an Iron Man before I turn 40.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby liquidstayce » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:34 am

Leah - Grats.. that rules. You are doing great!!
Lyion - Are you training for the Iron Man yet? I'm working towards doing the more swimming, running, and biking but chances are it would be for a sprint triathlon first. Have you consdiered doing one of those? I bet you are ready for that now!

Darcler wrote:Dont be jealous. She had a surgical procedure to make her results go this fast. Cong on your natural weight loss. And CONG Stacy on her loss as well. Keep it up and eat right. I've seen what happens when you cheat on the staple tummy diet :ugh:

No.. I had the gastric bypass to create a tool that would assist with long term results that would improve my health issues - hypertension, joint pain, etc!!It was never about making results go fast. The fact that I consistently loose a couple lbs every week is just a bonus. I remind myself that regularly.

:ugh: Sometimes that not so fun stuff happens even when you don't cheat early on after the procedure. I also still deal with pain pretty often if I eat too fast or don't chew stuff well. It lasts about 1/2 hour and then I swear to eat slower. It never happens twice in one sitting - thats for sure. The pouch really is a good tool to get me to slow down and pay attention to what I am doing. Chewing my food is so important.

I don't do any sugar so I wouldn't know what it is like to dump on something with sugar. I have had popcorn, pretzels, tortilla chips, and even a couple potato chips at a BBQ last weekend but it isn't something I would regularly have. When I do eat them I eat anywhere from just a taste to less then a cups worth. I eat a much larger variety of foods now but just small portions and still mainly focus on a reduced fat - higher protein diet while still adding in good fats and healthy carbs.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Darcler » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:02 pm

Our friend Kevin had pizza. He sped home so he could puke.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby The Kizzy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:10 pm

Darcler, sounds like you had a laparoscopy. I had one 13 years ago, and my belly button still hurts every once in a while.

Grats Stacy!!!

I'm proud to say I a back in a size 18 and working back to a 16. Still need to tone and build to look better, but Im not pushing it to hard all at once.
Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:I'm not dead

Fucker never listens to me. That's it, I'm an atheist.
The Kizzy
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Darcler » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:37 pm

I have a...what would you call this....not really a phobia, but sorta...or belly buttons. I was freaked out when they said they were going to remove something THROUGH my belly button. And when I woke up, the stitch holding my muscles together was sticking through my skin...ON MY BELLY BUTTON. I wouldnt wish this procedure on anyone.
Darcler
Saran Wrap Princess
Saran Wrap Princess

Postby Lyion » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:59 am

liquidstayce wrote:Leah - Grats.. that rules. You are doing great!!
Lyion - Are you training for the Iron Man yet? I'm working towards doing the more swimming, running, and biking but chances are it would be for a sprint triathlon first. Have you consdiered doing one of those? I bet you are ready for that now!

I've been working on running and biking, first. I broke my ankle twice so it's been a hard road getting back to where I was a year ago. I'm now working on spending most of the next nine months on distance running.

I'll look into a sprint triathlon. That's not something I'm familiar with.
Last edited by Lyion on Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:15 am

Darcler wrote:Our friend Kevin had pizza. He sped home so he could puke.

I've eaten pizza since my surgery. I can do like 1 slice of cheese pizza but any more then that makes me wanna barf. I do better with the frozen thin crust pizza from the grocery store. Any sort of bread items I need to be really careful with because they fill me up so quickly. I have to eat breads very, very slow and in small amounts.

Lyion - Mop Did a Sprint Triathlon. He did this one last year - Osprey Sprint Tri
http://www.mdcoastalbays.org/osprey/info.php
Really great for beginners and people just getting into the sport.

Info on the specifc one he did.........

The .5-mile swim will be held in the shallow (4 to 8 feet) Chincoteague Bay. Average water temperature is 68°. Wetsuits are permitted. The swim is an in-water start with plenty of room to spread out and properly seed yourself. The 15.2-mile bike route is a flat circular course; and the 3.1-mile run is flat out on the roads surrounding the rural countryside of southern Worcester County. The finish line will be at the Public Landing Boat Pavillion.

Pcitures from it here :
http://stacyndana.photosite.com/races/

Check for ones in your area.. try http://www.active.com
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Adivina » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:19 pm

Congratulations on all the progress to all of you. I have officially abandoned any formal workout routine for the summer, my work gives me more than I can handle.

I help run a summer camp program at the Rec Center/Gym that I work at. It is for elementary school age children. Aside from lunch and a 15 minute snack we are doing physical activity for the whole 8 hours of the day. Since it is a Recreation Center/Gym we naturally focus on sports and lots of physical activity, and playing the games with the children helps them to bond with you so much more. Aside from the games, there is the stress of children getting normal sports injuries. By the time I get home I just want to sleep.

I felt so good after the other day though, in addition to our normal sports and games we took the children for a 3-4 mile walk. It was refreshing to just get out and walk more than taking the dog to the park. (Although the kids complained to high hell) :)
Donnel wrote:
Erodalak wrote:Who needs an education when you are hawt like advina

fixt :P
Adivina
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby liquidstayce » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:02 pm

:balloons: 50 down + 1 /dance
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby leah » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:52 pm

/envy at your rate of loss

i'm stuck in the last ten-ish pounds and in misery about it. :(
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby liquidstayce » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:42 pm

I probably avg a nice healthy 2-3lbs a week right now. When I get down to my last 10 lbs (or 30) I'm sure I'll run into the same issue! Those last ones are always the hardest. Thanks!
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:21 am

55 lbs gone baby! Sporting a size 14. Still got big ole bootie so that is more like size 16. This rules. I'm really seeing the changes in my body now. I just got a bunch of new clothes and got rid of the old ones. Some really nice dressy girly suits for work a couple sweater sets, and 2 pairs of really high boots to wear with my cute shorter skirts in the fall. On is brown leather and the other black suede.
How am I feeling? - Hot! Hot! Hot! My quality of life is just so much better already -mentally and physically.

Instead of doing my cardio at the gym this morning I am going to go take my Mt.Bike and ride for an hour. That is my newest hobby. This weekend I'm pulling the rollerblades out and going to find a place to go rollerblading. Maybe in a few weeks we can also find a nice place to go horseback riding. Something I have not done in ages.
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Mop » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:29 am

Morning sleepy head.
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:39 am

morning... i got up a 7am tx to soccer cat - been working on a stats report for the OR but going to go for bike ride right now! See you soon. Don't forget - I have to be at the hospital a few min before noon if possible. You are leaving right at 11am - right?
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Mop » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:43 am

yessem massah
Narrock wrote:I don't like rabbits. They remind me of this chick I met on teh internet like 5 years ago.
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:54 am

coolio.. love ya and see you soon
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Mop » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:55 am

wtf you said you were leaving for a bike ride 15 min ago, stop slacking. slackboss
Mop
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby liquidstayce » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:42 am

im back.. and dressed.. chop chop :boots:
gorgeous day out - tgif
~stacy
liquidstayce
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to NT Fitness, Family, Friends Forum