Shots fired in to the Al Jazeera offices in Gaza, a day afte

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: Shots fired in to the Al Jazeera offices in Gaza, a day afte

Postby Ganzo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:46 am

Zanchief wrote:There will be no solutions to the problem when people continue to think they are better than the other side. There is no difference between a Jew and a Muslim, yet Ganzo demonstrates such unmitigating hatred for them.
I don't hate Muslims i hate Hamas.

Zanchief wrote:Ganzo, you say Brinstar has no solution, but what is yours? What is Israeli's end game? What do they think will come of the violence? You hold Israel to a higher standard and so does the world. That's where the criticism comes from. If you're more civilized than show it. Are you morally justified in defending yourself against aggression? Sure. What does it accomplish aside from satiating your own bloodlust?

I have a solution - stop shooting fucking missiles into Israel, stop being idiots and negotiate, do not try to kidnap or blow people up and all problems will be solved.

Realistic current solution: Bring in UN peacekeepers, disarm Hamas, let Abbas be president, recognize that people cannot be refugees after 4 generations and give them housing(500000 tons of concrete used for tunnels and 7 billion in US aid over last few years could have done that). Let companies build infrastructure that would provide local jobs so people have a future.
גם זה יעבור

Narrock wrote:Yup, I ... was just trolling.

Narrock wrote:I wikipedia'd everything first.
Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Tuggan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:56 am

Ganzo wrote:I was gonna write up a whole essay on the history of this conflict but you are not gonna read it, so why bother.

I'd be interested in reading said essay, so if you get bored please write it. I've got a general idea of the history of the area, but I'd like to hear it from a Jewish dudes perspective. I don't personally know any Jews.

I don't care for Israel's heavy handed response, but I get that you have to defend your people regardless of how effective Hamas' rockets/threats may be.
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby brinstar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:09 pm

Ganzo wrote:
brinstar wrote:
Ganzo wrote:Let's skip everything leading up to this conflict because no one can change past.

yeah that's a great line of reasoning:

why does israel bomb the fuck out of gaza? because hamas fires some rockets.
why does hamas fire rockets? because they hate israel
why does hamas hate israel? NOPE STOP THERE I HAVE ALL THE JUSTIFICATION I NEED, BOMB THEM!

you always stop there dude. you're never willing to think about the policies that created the current situation where a poverty-stricken people are herded and exiled onto a tiny piece of land and locked between the (blockaded!) sea and a maximum-security wall with a 30m "no go" zone and razor-wire checkpoints - and you're never willing to consider policies that might reverse such subjugation and oppression. crazy idea: stop treating people like quarantined lepers for no reason and maybe they'll stop scuffing your apartment buildings with bottle rockets.

you're right, no one can change the past - but if your only answer to the problem is violence, you're never going to change the present or the future.

So you will ignore everything and reply to first sentence only, great way to counter argument - oh wait you cant, because you cant come up with another solution to current situation, there is no solution to stooping the violence other than eliminating Hamas or in the very least disarming them.

I was gonna write up a whole essay on the history of this conflict but you are not gonna read it, so why bother.

for fuck's sake, quoting first line =/= ignoring everything else

why does your account of what's happening always have "hamas shoots rockets" at the top? why do you insist on ignoring everything that went into creating a situation where they would WANT to shoot rockets? why do you pretend israel's govt doesn't have the entire gaza population penned up in a ghetto at gunpoint?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Israel just declined a ceasefire today

apparently 700 dead isn't enough
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Ganzo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:14 pm

brinstar wrote:why does your account of what's happening always have "hamas shoots rockets" at the top? why do you insist on ignoring everything that went into creating a situation where they would WANT to shoot rockets? why do you pretend israel's govt doesn't have the entire gaza population penned up in a ghetto at gunpoint?

Because those rockets is the cause of Israel's response :dunno:

You can argue about the historical causes of the plight of Palestinians till you blue in the face but it wont change the fact that Hamas shoots rockets at Israel, Israel shoots rockets back. Don't want people to die, stop shooting.
Last edited by Ganzo on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Ganzo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Drem wrote:Israel just declined a ceasefire today

apparently 700 dead isn't enough

Proposed Cease Fire agreement prevents Israel from destroying Hamas Tunnels into Israel. Israel lost 30 soldiers to destroy those tunnels, why would they agree to this proposal.

And Hamas rejected 3 previous proposals so Israel still up 2
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Harrison » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:36 pm

Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:There are priorities above all else that I wouldn't expect someone without kids to understand.

Rule 1 about not being a douche dad. Don't tell people who don't have kids that they don't understand.

I generally agree but, it was another easy jab in response to the hurrdurr guns stuff he hasn't got off of in so long it's silly now. (and it was relevant, coincidentally...)

Any scenario before kids involving survival in a hopefully-never-going-to-happen event were relatively simple to think about. Now? I don't even know what I would do. I can't even mentally prepare for these hypothetical situations; nevermind place myself in the shoes of those in Gaza, Africa, Ukraine, and others.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Ganzo wrote:
brinstar wrote:why does your account of what's happening always have "hamas shoots rockets" at the top? why do you insist on ignoring everything that went into creating a situation where they would WANT to shoot rockets? why do you pretend israel's govt doesn't have the entire gaza population penned up in a ghetto at gunpoint?

You can argue about the historical causes of the plight of Palestinians till you blue in the face but it wont change the fact that Hamas shoots rockets at Israel, Israel shoots rockets back. Don't want people to die, stop shooting.

lmfao way to do exactly what i literally just got done accusing you of doing

how about you fucking start from the top for once:

Israel shoved Palestinians into an open prison ghetto at gunpoint. Don't want rockets, stop keeping them as prisoners.

PS lol harri relax i was just trying to illustrate that you'd do the same in that situation. have you seen/read The Road?
Last edited by brinstar on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:50 pm

No, it's on my to-do list movie wise. I've heard great things but, I try to avoid depressing movies.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Tikker » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:41 pm

brinstar wrote:
Israel shoved Palestinians into an open prison ghetto at gunpoint. Don't want rockets, stop keeping them as prisoners.

the fuck you talking about willis

they can leave any time they want
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Ganzo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:12 pm

brinstar wrote:
Ganzo wrote:

lmfao way to do exactly what i literally just got done accusing you of doing

how about you fucking start from the top for once:

I'll play,
Don't want to be locked in blockade, don't allow your government to use your land as a base of terrorist operations.

Let's keep playing and see how far the rabbit hole goes
גם זה יעבור

Ganzo
Dictator in Training
Dictator in Training

Postby Drem » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:14 am

Harrison wrote:No, it's on my to-do list movie wise. I've heard great things but, I try to avoid depressing movies.

it's so good. great ending

the Walking Dead comics are also full of interesting father/son/family survival hypotheticals and decisions. much better than the show
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:29 am

Zanchief wrote:
Harrison wrote:There are priorities above all else that I wouldn't expect someone without kids to understand.

Rule 1 about not being a douche dad. Don't tell people who don't have kids that they don't understand.

THIS.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Harrison wrote:
Zanchief wrote:

I generally agree but, it was another easy jab in response to the hurrdurr guns stuff he hasn't got off of in so long it's silly now. (and it was relevant, coincidentally...)

Any scenario before kids involving survival in a hopefully-never-going-to-happen event were relatively simple to think about. Now? I don't even know what I would do. I can't even mentally prepare for these hypothetical situations; nevermind place myself in the shoes of those in Gaza, Africa, Ukraine, and others.

did anyone else just think of that episode of family guy where brian finds out he's a dad..

Tom Tucker: We interrupt this program to bring you grim news out of LaGuardia Airport where a 767 has been forced to make a crash landing
Brian: Ohh man I'll tell ya, now that I'm a parent I can't even watch stories like that, I just think, you know, I just think oh my god what if Dylan were on that plane? Oh my god! I just don't know what I'd do! I don't know what I would do.
Glen: Yeah, yeah I understand that'd be tough
Brian: Oh oh no oh no, no no no Quagmire, no you do not understand. Until you have a child, until you have a child, you do not understand. Okay?
Glen: Damn it
Peter: It's been like this all week. Watch this... Hey Brian what would you do if Dylan fell out a window?
Brian: Oh my God! Oh my God I don't even want to think about that! I don't even want to think about that! Oh God! Oh my God! Oh no!
Glen: Brian, what would you do if Dylan was in a fire?
Brian: Oh my God! Oh no! Oh my God! Oh that's, oh God! Oh no no no! Knock on wood Knock on wood Knock on wood! Oh I can't hear anymore of this!
[Brian leaves]
Joe: Peter your dog is giving me diabetes.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:52 pm

You're so witty.

I bet you consider yourself a "furmom."
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 pm

yeah it's kind of a dick thing to say, esp since you don't always know whether you're talking to someone who wants kids but can't have them

but it's also totally true so :dunno: it doesn't bother me at all

like i could stand up from this desk right now and walk down to the liquor store and buy enough booze to get blackout drunk tonight - and no other person's life would be affected in any way whatsoever. or i could call my boss and be like "can't come in tomorrow, gotta drive to minneapolis for absolutely no reason" and then spend the next 14 hours doing meth with strippers instead. cool band playing tonight in KC? hell yeah let's go! etc

these freedoms vanish the second you have a babby latched on to your every living moment
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:17 am

See Brin, that's why you don't understand. Once you get a kid you'll realize that you can still do those things, you just gotta bring the kid with. Duh.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:51 am

haha

also i realize that sounded pretty negative - i know they are a huge source of joy to people too, and i dig on that. someday i'd like my own fo sho
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 am

Sigh, I didn't intend it in the snooty, self-righteous, douchey manner it automatically comes off as.

I meant it factually and flat-out the way it really is. Life once you have a child of your own is infinitely more complicated. What was a situation you would simply walk away from is now life or death. Your instinctual desire to keep your family alive trumps ALL.

It's not about "LOL I AM BETTER I HAVE KIDS." No real person thinks this way.

It's, "I have an entirely different set of parameters that I live by now." EVERYONE is secondary to that. A bullet to the brain of a stranger is better than watching your child cry out in pain from severe thirst/hunger.

When my son was in the hospital born really early there wasn't a single thing I wouldn't have done to ensure his survival.

I don't mean it with my nose in the air. Your entire reality changes with children.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:01 am

word
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:58 am

I think it's funny that in a thread about a war starting (continuing) we devote more time to talking about kids and snooty parents.

Oh NT...gotta love it.

And Gyps, I actually tried to find the YouTube clip of Brians rant about kids to post in my original post, but I couldn't find it.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:48 am

Harrison wrote:You're so witty.

I bet you consider yourself a "furmom."

No, I consider myself someone who will have a child when she plans on it rather than accidentally getting knocked up. Mind you, I had a very painful miscarriage that I still grieve every day, so how about you take your accidental parenthood self righteousness and shove it up your ass.

Zan - I knew I could count on you. I couldn't find it either, that's why I went with the script ;)
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:48 am

<3 gyps

also i totes consider myself a fur-mom and have zero qualms with that so eat shit. :P
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Harrison » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:11 am

You also didn't attack me like a self-righteous twat from out of the blue. :boots:
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:31 pm

For someone so pompous as it pertains to your genius level IQ and vast understanding of the english language, I'm not sure you understand the correct application of self-righteous.

aside from quotes, literally the only statement I made which does not qualify under the definition of self-righteous or an attack wrote:did anyone else just think of that episode of family guy where brian finds out he's a dad..

The dictionary wrote:self-righteous: having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior.

And I'm sorry, I didn't realize being reminded of a television show that happened to use the exact words you used was an attack.

Derp wrote:Now? I don't even know what I would do. I can't even mentally prepare for these hypothetical situations

Also derp, but from fictional script written to make fun of people who say derpy things wrote:Brian: Ohh man I'll tell ya, now that I'm a parent I can't even watch stories like that, I just think, you know, I just think oh my god what if (hi, hypothetical) Dylan were on that plane? Oh my god! I just don't know what I'd do! I don't know what I would do.

The dictionary also wrote:attack: 1. To set upon with violent force.
2. To criticize strongly or in a hostile manner.
3. To start work on with purpose and vigor: attack a problem.
4. To begin to affect harmfully

Your vocabulary comprehension level: novice.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs