new trial for M. Alexander (FL, 20 yrs for warning shot)

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: new trial for M. Alexander (FL, 20 yrs for warning shot)

Postby Nusk » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:33 am

let me get this straight.

a woman (saint or not) who has a restraining order against some dude and then the dude shows up to the house she goes and grabs a gun and shoots at the dude.

for those who say not self defense..... where was her child? was the child being taken by the dude? if so it is unfortunate she missed.

i agree this was not a warning shot but a bad aim. Still self defense since she can try to say she was defending her child from the dude
Nusk
NT Froglok
NT Froglok

Postby Harrison » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:03 pm

So an attempted murderer gets off, and you people applaud it.

:dunno:

Edit: I'll go as far to say I hope none of the people who think what she did was right, own guns. That's the type of behavior that is a problem.

Leave "dangerous situation"
Return to "dangerous situation"
Shoot at people because you're a violent cunt

Sounds legit.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:51 pm

yawn, the ol' harrison double-standard still firmly in place, i see

is it because brown? is it because girl? or both?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:54 pm

what about dunn, who just got life + 100 years for murdering a black kid because he felt "threatened"? you gonna flip again and defend him like you defended zimmy?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:06 am

There's not enough credible information for me to go one way or the other on Dunn.

One eyewitness said he kept coming at the officer.
Some eyewitnesses claim he never moved.
Some are saying something was in his hands.
Some are saying nothing relevant.

It's a shitshow and it's unlikely with the mess surrounding it that the truth will be made clear. But, given the department's history it's likely Dunn is a piece of shit that deserves imprisonment.

Still irrelevant to this case entirely, however.

This bitch left the "imminent danger" to get a weapon, returned to the "imminent danger" (protip: there was none, since she was able to leave like I explained earlier that you can't seem to understand), shot at the man, and then lied about a malfunctioning door. Luckily for her, there are people out there that gullible.

This has already been picked apart cleanly. You just refuse to see the facts involved for whatever reason I can't fathom.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:08 am

If someone broke into my house, threatened my family, I left to get my gun, came back, and then shot him; I'd be in jail for murder. (or if I missed and lied about it being a warning shot, I'd be tried for attempted murder and rightfully so)

I don't know what part of this case is so hard for you to understand.

You can't leave, get a weapon, and return to use it claiming self defense. That shit doesn't work.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:25 am

Harrison wrote:You can't leave, get a weapon, and return to use it claiming self defense. That shit doesn't work.

just like you can't chase down a kid and then claim self defense when you put holes in him, right?

funny how you seem to know all the facts about this case and the TM case as if you were there, but with dunn you're like welp i didn't see it so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

idgaf what you believe, i just want some goddamn consistency
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:30 am

let's try a thought experiment

you're home alone just chillin in the living room with some netflix when some tweaker kicks in your front door sporting three teeth, collapsed veins, and a louisville slugger

thanks to your elite military training, you sprint down the hall and grab the shottie from your bedroom then charge back into the living room with it

...why didn't you just duck out the back door instead?
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:38 am

Harrison wrote:There's not enough credible information for me to go one way or the other on Dunn.

It's a shitshow and it's unlikely with the mess surrounding it that the truth will be made clear. But, given the department's history it's likely Dunn is a piece of shit that deserves imprisonment.

Wrong case? :dunno:
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:43 am

Gypsiyee wrote:
Harrison wrote:There's not enough credible information for me to go one way or the other on Dunn.

Wrong case? :dunno:

i was gonna say, isn't dunn the dude who shot a black kid because he wouldn't turn his music down?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:46 am

yes, yes he is.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Harrison » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:56 pm

My mistake, I am blending all of them together in my head. That guy has no defense. He's just a pure piece of shit. (At the gas station, right? I forget.)

Brin, leaving the room is not the same as leaving the building. (also depends on shape of the house)

I wear my gun in the house, anyways. It's holstered until I sleep, or go to class where I can't wear it. There's been break ins around the area because it's mostly old people here in the nicer neighborhoood. Junkies get brazen when they think it's all old people.

In any case. You can't leave the house to get a weapon and return to fire on someone "in self defense." When it's very clear there was no imminent danger, especially.

It's pretty cut and dry legally, at least here in Massachusetts. I can't even shoot them in the back in my own home as it implies they were attempting to flee. I don't know all of Florida's laws but, I do know you cannot leave and return to the "imminent danger" and then claim it was self defense. That's not self defense, that's premeditation right when you turned to go back.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Harrison wrote:My mistake, I am blending all of them together in my head. That guy has no defense. He's just a pure piece of shit. (At the gas station, right? I forget.)

i am placated for now lol
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Harrison wrote:My mistake, I am blending all of them together in my head. That guy has no defense. He's just a pure piece of shit. (At the gas station, right? I forget.)

Truer words have never been spoken. Yes, at a gas station. Mere miles from my home, actually. If you didn't see any of the trial, I really suggest you try to catch a couple snippets if you want to witness firsthand what a true lack of soul looks like. That trial was so difficult to watch for me, just awful. That man was a completely empty shell, and the defense was a joke. I mean it wasn't even "we don't believe in our client" so much as "we kind of do, we're just completely incompetent." It was kind of like watching student court in 8th grade if they were defending an actual psychopath. It was bizarre. If that guy had gotten exonerated.. no hope left.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:31 pm

I have no guns. I also leave my door unlocked 90% of the time. If I ever got home invaded, it would be up to me and my yellow belt in tae kwon do skills.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 am

Jay wrote:I have no guns. I also leave my door unlocked 90% of the time. If I ever got home invaded, it would be up to me and my yellow belt in tae kwon do skills.

we don't have any either, though we do lock the doors. i shall depend on my 6'5"-of-pure-muscle husband and scary-sounding (though not scary-looking) dogs and take my chances.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:08 am

leah wrote:
Jay wrote:I have no guns. I also leave my door unlocked 90% of the time. If I ever got home invaded, it would be up to me and my yellow belt in tae kwon do skills.

we don't have any either, though we do lock the doors. i shall depend on my 6'5"-of-pure-muscle husband and scary-sounding (though not scary-looking) dogs and take my chances.

Plus they wouldn't attack a pregnant woman. That's just wrong.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby leah » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:30 pm

yes thank you.

dickhead.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:34 pm

leah wrote:yes thank you.

dickhead.

<3

Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Previous

Return to Current Affairs