Brexit

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Brexit

Postby Lyion » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:14 am

Really enjoyed reading this today, so thought I'd share. I think there's a correlation to the Trump Train Wreck and the Brexit, and Megan does a good job writing about it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/ ... heir-peril
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Re: Brexit

Postby Reynaldo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:57 am

Well this sure did suck for my stocks today...
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby Jay » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:22 pm

If anyone was currently shorting the market they just made fuck you money.
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Harrison » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Holy shit, the U.K. can officially claim they are collectively more stupid than the U.S. again.

Congratulations!
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:53 pm

baby boomers once again shitting all over millennials
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:23 am

This is a fucked up age in politics.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Harrison » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Libertarian cretins running about claiming some ostentatious victory, crying loudly; "DOWN WITH STATISM AND THROW OFF THE CHAINS OF SLAVERY FROM GLOBALISTS HURRRRRR!"

...they typed from their government subsidized internet, from the safety of their homes, on electricity and utilities regulated by government.

Old, uneducated, baby-boomer throwbacks have (as Brinstar stated) once again fucked the world for the rest of us who will actually live to see the "fruits" of the Shit-Trees they planted.

I'm not even a Brit and I am upset because it echos across the pond to the pond scum we have here.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:21 pm

globalism has serious problems to be sure but idk what they think is gonna happen now, because

a) UK is now ominously one step closer to actually saying out loud "our economy would be great if it weren't for certain ethnic groups dragging us down" which itself is a step down a very very dark and violent road, and

b) aside from the obvious massive impact on the millennial generation being able to travel freely around europe and attend uni wherever they want, brexit is also gonna take a giant shit all over trade. and finally

c) without the UK in the EU (and without whatever countries follow suit), the countries who really need to lean on their neighbors are just going to go straight down the shitter. what happens then? do britons just think those hungry jobless desperate people are going to stay in their shitholes and suffer nobly and quietly? fuck no they're going to do what they have to do to survive. massive instability, good luck with that
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:29 pm

The last time we burdened an economy and subsequently an entire country with massive inequality/debt/racial/cultural division, we had WW2.

I feel like this is the precursor to WW3 in a decade or less, for the same fucking pathetic reasons, but on a grander scale.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Kaemon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:45 am

We had WW2 with Cuba?

Adivina wrote:We are the most bipolar acting community, bunch of manics with the mood swings on here.
Kaemon
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Narrock » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:57 pm

Only the NT would think that Brexit was a bad thing. lmao
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:41 pm

give three reasons it was a good thing without using something trump already said about it

betcha cain't
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:13 pm

brinstar wrote:give three reasons it was a good thing without using something trump already said about it

betcha cain't

While nobody has a crystal ball, consensus is that it will be positive, overall.

A quick internet search reveals... (from Quora):

It brings the governance of the UK into line with what the majority of the population want. Before you had a situation where all of the main parties were against Brexit, and a small majority of the population for it. That was clearly wrong, and was poisoning UK politics, leading to more and more extreme views on left and right. So Brexit might end or reverse that trend.
It begins to re-democratise the UK. Fewer life changing decisions will be made by INSEAD educated, unelected bureaucrats who think they they “know best” and have the mandate to impose their own political agenda irrespective of what the public actually wants. Thus Brexit might make our lawmakers more directly accountable.
It might relieve the pressure on the UK housing market, and lead to a sustained fall in UK house prices bringing them back to historically normal levels relative to earnings (down 35% ideally). Thus brexit might make home ownership possible for ordinary young people again.
It might be good for UK exporters who export to areas other than the EU, whom are the majority, if sterling weakens.
It might lead to a tightening of the labour market, and lead to increases in real wages, in particular for unskilled and semi-skilled workers.
It might lead to a reduction in red tape, especially for smaller businesses, leading to improved profitability and investment. Smaller businesses employ 80% of the workforce, so this is not unimportant.
It might, due to increased revenues from import duties and the cessation of contributions to the EU budget, lead to an increase in tax revenues, allowing for either more spending on public services or a reduced national debt.
It might encourage investment banks to move out of London, which might reduce the corruption which has become endemic in the capital (currently run as a concierge service for the worlds richest thieves), make the UK economy more balanced and reduce income inequality.
It might give the Scottish people the chance to be independent again. Most Scottish people and many English people feel that this, and localism in general, is a good thing.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Drem » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:20 pm

"a quick internet search"

do you have any ideas of your own?
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho