president cheato shitshow thread

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: president cheato shitshow thread

Postby brinstar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:08 am

and now they're going after medicare and medicaid so they can give their pals yet another giant tax break

there's not even any pretense of "we all have to tighten our belts a little" anymore, it's just "fuck you, we need a fourth summer home"

there will be massive civil upheaval this century, i just hope i'm not around to see it
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:20 pm

I've temporarily moved to Eastern PA. (Stroudsburg)

The sheer amount of trumpets here makes me ill. I don't know how I'm going to handle conversations with locals.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:26 pm

so so many of his voters are about to learn exactly what they voted for when they can't afford the 400% spike in health insurance costs

so fucking stupid
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:43 pm

BUT THEY WON. LIBERAL TEARS
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:27 pm

more like tears of their friends falling short on their gofundme goals for bypass surgery. tears of their bald leukemia kids who hit their lifetime insurance cap before age 12 and have to waste away to nothing at home. tears of their stage 4 alzheimers dad living in the basement because memory care isn't covered. tears of their aunt kathy who couldn't afford a mammogram until it was too late. tears of their homeless addict nephew getting abused on the street because there's no more mental health funding. this list will never ever end and the magnitude of the human suffering it represents is matched only by the pure all-consuming vampiric greed that caused it

all those endless tears, and yet they'll still find some convoluted way to blame anyone else, even though the federal government is entirely under unhindered republican control the monsters they elected out of spite and scared fragility have sole control of every lever of power
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:49 am

BUT!!!!!

LIBERAL TEARS

SNOWFLAKES

LIBTARDS

etc.

Sigh, you should see the dating app profiles for Pennsylvania.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:46 am

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/23/dem ... rudential/

After 45’s upset election victory, Democratic insiders who worked on Hillary Clinton’s failed presidential bid weren’t necessarily relegated to the sidelines. Many, in fact, are cashing in as lobbyists — by working to advance 45's agenda.

Lobbying records show that some Democratic fundraisers, who raised record amounts of campaign cash for Clinton, are now retained by top telecom interests to help repeal the strong net neutrality protections established during the Obama administration.

Others are working on behalf of for-profit prisons on detention issues, while others still are paid to help corporate interests pushing alongside 45 to weaken financial regulations. At least one prominent Clinton backer is working for a health insurance company on a provision that was included in the House Republican bill to gut the Affordable Care Act.

and they wonder why they keep losing
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:42 pm

lmaooooo

seven+ years to come up with a better idea

full control of all three branches of fedgov

still can't fuckin pass a health care bill

fuck mcconnell forever
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Reynaldo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:32 am

I mean it's really 2 things right?

Low premiums for good coverage and don't exclude anyone for pre-existing issues.

That's literally all everyone wants. It's disgusting that can't be done without fucking over someone.

My subsidized family plan at work this year (for 80/20, not even 90/10 anymore) went up to $813 per month from $750 per month premium which i can't afford.

The problem is the apathy now in premium prices (as a republican voter i am fully willing to admit), the republicans are looking at that as gas prices. It got so out of hand under Obamacare with skyrocketing premiums that even if they can keep them from increasing or even go down like 50 bucks, it will be this "resounding success", when in reality it's still dogshit.

No one should have to pay more than $100 per month per covered family member for top of the line coverage. It shouldn't be this enormous increase for a spouse or family.

tl;dr version - i hate healthcare and everything that goes with it and all the cunts on both sides of the aisle that can't get something done to benefit everyone
Reynaldo
NT Veteran
NT Veteran

Postby brinstar » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:55 am

brinstar wrote:and i'm worried about mccain, he seems foggier than usual. hope he decides to retire

fuck, i really hate to be right about this ;\
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:27 pm

Reynaldo wrote:I mean it's really 2 things right?

Low premiums for good coverage and don't exclude anyone for pre-existing issues.

That's literally all everyone wants. It's disgusting that can't be done without fucking over someone.

My subsidized family plan at work this year (for 80/20, not even 90/10 anymore) went up to $813 per month from $750 per month premium which i can't afford.

The problem is the apathy now in premium prices (as a republican voter i am fully willing to admit), the republicans are looking at that as gas prices. It got so out of hand under Obamacare with skyrocketing premiums that even if they can keep them from increasing or even go down like 50 bucks, it will be this "resounding success", when in reality it's still dogshit.

No one should have to pay more than $100 per month per covered family member for top of the line coverage. It shouldn't be this enormous increase for a spouse or family.

tl;dr version - i hate healthcare and everything that goes with it and all the cunts on both sides of the aisle that can't get something done to benefit everyone

I can't even imagine. I am refilling my HSA for the next year to hit the investment level again ($200 a month out of pocket, high deductible oh shit plan) & then switching back to top tier.
Meanwhile, my wife pays something silly like $15 a month for top tier insurance through her employer.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby leah » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 am

i am fortunate to have pretty great insurance through work... i pay like $25 a month plus the $50 i contribute to my HSA; company covers the rest + $150 to HSA per month. max out of pocket is $2000 which is easily covered by contributions to HSA. it's not the BEST insurance i've ever had but it's darn good. but, i worry how long it will be this way or if we'll have to start making changes since nonprofits aren't exactly rolling in the dough under normal circumstances. sigh.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Tossica » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Someday soon, even the most die hard Republican voters will have to admit that universal healthcare is the ONLY solution.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:43 pm

You have way too much faith in these retards if you think they'll see reason.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:33 am

brinstar wrote:lmaooooo

seven+ years to come up with a better idea

full control of all three branches of fedgov

still can't fuckin pass a health care bill

fuck mcconnell forever

quoting for renewed relevance

(yes i stayed up drunkwatching C-SPAN2 last night hahahaha)

compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Drem » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:37 am

so funny watching these idiots try to repeal what is essentially their own bill just because it has Obama's name on it
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:53 pm

yeah for real

after the vote failed (awesomely) mcconnell got on the mic to spray his sour grapes all over the place and he was all like "well we'll see if the democrats want to come to the table and suggest something" and it made me want to punch his face off all over again

because

a) if you remove the personalities involved and just look at structure of the bill itself, the ACA couldn't be more bipartisan if it tried. helping poor people while still guaranteeing insurance companies can rake in oceans of money? bi. fucking. partisan. (side note: i keep seeing all these idiotic complaints of "why should >i< have to pay money so OTHER people can have health care?" uhh pardon me my dude but it seems more like you are just mad at the basic idea behind health insurance itself and not the actual ACA)

b) fuck off with that shit, you pulled every single crazy procedural trick you could come up with (and invented a couple along the way) to keep the dems as far from "the table" as possible, and now you passive-aggressively claim that you're OH SO CURIOUS about what they'll propose? no you fucking aren't, you're just waiting for them to give you more stuff you can misrepresent to the american people for votes and donations

jesus i fuckin hate mcconnell so much
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Jay » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:33 pm

Hi. Non political guy here.

How the FUCK did we go from "Trump is a jackass" to a full blown Nazi issue?
leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:41 am

how do you boil a live frog jay
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Harrison » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:05 pm

I could not possibly be any more proud of Boston than I am at this moment.

50,000+ real Americans showed up to tell Nazis, the KKK, the alt-right, and white supremacists in general that they are not welcome in my fucking state.

I wanted to be there, badly. I had to head home (new home in PA) that same day, though. I have class starting back up tomorrow morning.

Fuck yeah, Boston! This isn't the fucking South. We don't put up with your shit.

I can see all of my right-wing clownshoe friends crying about free speech being trampled on, and I couldn't at all give two shits less. I have zero fucks to give about the "free speech" of fucking NAZIS in 2017.
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Harrison » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby brinstar » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:57 pm

technically their argument is null anyway. check it:

the first amendment protects your speech from government consequences, not social ones. you can't get arrested for saying "brinstar sucks" but if your family finds out you're out in public at a "kill brinstar" rally they're going to change the locks and tell you to change your name
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby 10sun » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:03 pm

brinstar wrote:technically their argument is null anyway. check it:

the first amendment protects your speech from government consequences, not social ones. you can't get arrested for saying "brinstar sucks" but if your family finds out you're out in public at a "kill brinstar" rally they're going to change the locks and tell you to change your name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_ ... ted_States

Not protected speech.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby brinstar » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:12 am

there's a lot of debate about that actually - and the best analysis i could find holds that in determining whether speech that incites "imminent lawless action" should be protected, the keyword is "imminent" (though "immediate" in the wiki section from your link actually serves the same purpose)

specifically, if i am standing in front of a crowd of gazorpians and i say something horrific like "we should exterminate all the glipglops" as a general statement, that is not inciting imminent lawless action in the legal sense of "imminent". thus sadly that is protected speech.

however - if i point to a glipglop across the street and say "rise up gazorpians, we should kill THAT glipglop RIGHT THERE" i am actively inciting an imminent lawless action, because it is said in a very specific and present-tense kind of way and not a general one
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby leah » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 am

come on, gazorpazorpfield, go easy on me, huh?
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs