The Day America Wept

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: The Day America Wept

Postby Arlos » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:57 pm

Indeed, if the minority never had any say, we'd still have Jim Crowe laws in the South, and marriages between blacks and whites would still be illegal in California. Remember, Mindia, it wasn't that long ago that the majority passed that law banning mixed-race marriages. I am sure there were plenty of far-right conservatives who were just as furious and up in arms about "Radical Activist Judges" who reversed THAT law as you are about the current California Supreme Court.

By the way, you know that group you decry as "Radical Activist Judges"? There's 7 justices on the Court. Did you know 6 of them are Republicans? Of the 3 that voted with this change, 2 were appointed by Pete Wilson, and one was appointed by Deukmejian. Also, a 4th Republican justice (this one appointed by Schwarzenegger) dissented with the opinion in specific, but wrote in her individual dissent that she "believes that 'Californians should allow our gay and lesbian neighbors to call their unions marriages.'"

So, despite California's reputation, this was HARDLY a leftist court that made that decision...

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:57 am

Haylo wrote:If Jesus Christ came back today he'd be smiting you fucks left and right for the complete subversion you have all done on his words and beliefs.

i fully, fully believe this. i don't think Christ himself would recognize the religion currently named after him.
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:14 am

Thanks for the new sig Haylo
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Evermore » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:59 am

brinstar wrote:
Haylo wrote:If Jesus Christ came back today he'd be smiting you fucks left and right for the complete subversion you have all done on his words and beliefs.

i fully, fully believe this. i don't think Christ himself would recognize the religion currently named after him.

QFT
For you
Evermore
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby ClakarEQ » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:42 am

Evermore wrote:
brinstar wrote:

QFT

QFTx2, I think most "christians" of today would get a free ticket to hell LOL
ClakarEQ
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Diekan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:53 am

Naw most Christians are decent enough people. I see it like the liberal left. Most liberals are not much different than most conservatives in that they simply want to go to work, raise their families, take vacations and look for retirement one day. They do differ on social and financial postions on how the country should run, but in the end we all Americans.

When I say "see it like the liberal left" I mean I don't believe that most liberals are as radical as a Nanci Pelosi. Nor are most Christians as hateful as a Rev. Wright. The majority of both sides are reasonable, it's the loud mouthed hate spewing few that give us all a bad name.
Diekan
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Drem » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:41 pm

Diekan wrote:it's the loud mouthed hate spewing few that give us all a bad name.

That's the truth right there. During the election, you were one of those loud-mouthed, hate-spewing few tho, fyi
Drem
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Narrock wrote:About the California initiative, Proposition 8... This is the third time in California history that this issue has come up and was voted on by Californians. Radical activist judges have overturned previous initiatives that produced the same result... to keep the definition of marriage between a man and a woman. The majority of Californians want this. Who the HELL do YOU (speaking to opponents of Prop 8) think you are to say that YOUR opinion is more important and should outweigh what the majority thinks and wants. A minority should not be able to have a stronger voice than the majority. Now to address the stupid question that keeps coming up of "how does it affect you?" It's because of our faith and religious belief that the definition of marriage should be between a man and a woman. More people believe this than do not. It's as simple as that. It has absolutely nothing to do with "Homophobia" or "Bigotry." I have to laugh when I hear people try to play that card.

Now the other thing that has pissed us off to no end is that these gay activists changed the wording on marriage certificates to say rather than "Bride and Groom" to "Person A and Person B." I'd tell you to shove it up your ass, but you'd like it too much. Fortunately, the wording got changed back to "Bride and Groom." You want civil unions and the same benefits as hetero married couples? Fine. But NO to calling yourselves "married" in the traditional sense of the word. If that's what you want, then move to a country that embraces that kind of stupidity and assbackwardsness.

You opponents of Prop 8 got shot down FOR THE THIRD FREAKIN TIME. Now STFU and move on. Leave it alone. Forever.

HEH
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Spazz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:35 am

You want civil unions and the same benefits as hetero married couples? Fine. But NO to calling yourselves "married" in the traditional sense of the word. If that's what you want, then move to a country that embraces that kind of stupidity and assbackwardsness.

I just dont get this way of thinking. Why does this shit get so many people so fired up. Why is it ok for them to get a civil union but not ok for them to be married ? I just dont get it.

This is going to be the law of the land some day in the near future. The world isnt going to end and homos and straights are still going to get married . Like I said I really cant understand why this is even an issue.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Previous

Return to Current Affairs