Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

RIP OSAMA BIN LADEN

Postby Spazz » Sun May 01, 2011 8:52 pm

That nigga got kilt.
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Re: RIP OSAMA BIN LADEN

Postby Tuggan » Sun May 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Spazz wrote:That nigga got kilt.

Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Spazz » Sun May 01, 2011 9:52 pm

SHot in the head !POW!
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Lyion » Sun May 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Taken out by a Seal Team in a hit ordered by the Prez. Good job O.

Good riddance, long overdue.
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Sun May 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Im sure it looked like call of duty and was totally bad ass. Just to be an ass to my right wing friends you can kiss 2012 goodbye.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby KaiineTN » Sun May 01, 2011 10:30 pm

HEADSHOT! Counter-terrorists win.

(wish I could have found a Youtube video for that)
KaiineTN
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Sun May 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Spazz wrote:to my right wing friends you can kiss 2012 goodbye.

this is by far the best part of tonight's news :smugface:
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon May 02, 2011 7:18 am

fantastic planning: check
impeccable execution: check
keeping the integrity and secrecy of the mission in place: check
cutting to the source and not wasting more lives than necessary: check

..and the ironies that the liberal in me has to smile a little at
cutting into the ratings of celebrity apprentice: check
executing it on the anniversary of the "mission accomplished" blunder: check

really proud day for us, and from what I can tell it couldn't have been executed finer than it was. big bravo zulu to the seals who executed such a dangerous mission flawlessly and made it look so effortless, and well done to President Obama as well. Completing a task like that can go south quickly at the tiniest misstep, and all who had a part in it did an amazing job.

Coming into work today there was a guy standing outside the gate with a big thank you sign, and that alone made it pretty surreal.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 02, 2011 8:05 am

Call me on contrarian if you must but I don't understand the need to celebrate death? Watching scenes of people at ground zero cheering someone dying? I don't care how evil he is, its sadism and bloodlust, and can only further provoke extremism.

For that matter, aren't assassinations illegal? I know no one will care because this was executed by the left and the right love killing Arabs, but why not just capture the dirtbag?

If this brings some solace to the victims of 9-11, good for them at least. If I were them, a trial, rather then a martyr would have been just fine with me.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Lyion » Mon May 02, 2011 8:56 am

I don't think anyone is celebrating death. What we are happy about is that justice is served to someone who masterminded an attack on our country which killed thousands of our fellow citizens and caused massive damage to the psyche of our nation. This person was the face of Al Qaeda and a violent enemy of freedom and everything we in the Western World hold dear.

Or, in simpler terms: Ding dong the witch is dead.

it was not an assassination. A Seal Team was sent in and tried to apprehend him, but he fought back and was shot.

This could not have ended any better. A trial would have been a disaster. Where would we hold it? I can't imagine the circus and nightmare that would be.

This coupled with the push for freedom in the Middle East gives me hope for the future.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon May 02, 2011 9:04 am

As you know, I typically align with you on issues such as these and don't usually find reason to be happy about a death. I'm anti-death penalty, and certainly anti-assassination.

This is one exception that I simply can't be apologetic about being happy about someone leaving this earth.

We're pretty limited on details, still. For all intents and purposes, the mission could've started as a capture mission that resulted in his death. Whichever way it was intended to go, I hardly believe it was an assassination.

The man is responsible for orchestrating the deaths of thousands of innocent people on American soil. I'm not one to celebrate death, but I do believe that had he simply been captured, we'd put ourselves at risk of more violence to innocents here as his followers would inevitably try to infiltrate to get him back. We're already putting ourselves at risk for retaliation, but having him alive would've exponentially raised that risk--no stone would be left unturned to find where he was being held here, and a resulting body count would've been of no consequence to them.

Dismantling Al Qaeda and bringing down Osama bin Laden should've been our focus from the beginning. I fully opposed our occupation of Iraq and our misallocated troops, but Osama's death is something to celebrate. He's continued to add insult to injury with continued threats and taunts for the past decade, and expecting me to mourn or pity a man whose goal was to exterminate us and has taken great measures to accomplish that goal is a lot to ask.

I do not celebrate the torture of prisoners. I do not celebrate the death of people I simply don't align with. I do not celebrate the death of people with different ideologies which I find taboo. I wouldn't celebrate the death of even Ahmadinejad, who's notoriously anti-American and an all around awful person who defies the most basic laws of humanity. I will, however, find relief, solace, and justice in the death of someone who, if given the chance, would orchestrate the killing every last member of western culture, especially in the states, and who has done exactly that when opportunities have arisen.

What would you propose as a better alternative?
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 02, 2011 9:08 am

What would you propose as a better alternative?

I'm not crying for Osama. The guy is scum, and the world is better off with him at the bottom of the sea, there's no doubt about that. I just think the celebrations are a bit barbaric. The best thing to do would be to act like it doesn't matter. Making this into a circus just to stick it back in the faces of your enemies is just going to cause more bloodshed and more retribution and more bloodshed...
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon May 02, 2011 9:40 am

To the families of the thousands of people murdered at his orders and the first responders who are still at risk due to diseases contracted as a result of their efforts, and to the families of soldiers who've lost their lives and limbs fighting to avenge those victims, it does matter. He's eluded us for almost a decade. His actions started a huge divide in our citizens as we fought wars in areas he had nothing to do with.

Knowing he's gone does matter.. it matters on so many levels. It isn't just that he's dead, it's something that can re-unify the nation and make us all realize that we're on the same team again. It's this giant elephant in the room that has caused so many issues over the last 10 years. It isn't just about his death.. it's about what his death means and the message it sends to Al Qaeda, who has been mocking us and deemed themselves invincible. It gives us the chance to show an image of unity and strength again.

Up until this point, it may has well have been considered a victory for them -- they succeeded in their original mission. Not only that, but they were able to send us on one unsuccessful wild goose chase after another and create a civil divide to boot. Everything they set out to do they were doing. Bin Laden's death is more than just the death of a horrible and murderous man--it's a positive shift of power and reassurance in the psyche of our citizens, something we haven't had in a long time.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Spazz » Mon May 02, 2011 10:33 am

Zanchief shut the fuck up already with this pussy shit you sound like a little bitch. It doesnt make people any less civilized to celebrate the death of the poster boy for all that is evil in this world. The media has blasted us with this asshole for ten damn years about terror this and terror that and while it doesnt really change a thing that hes gone it makes everyone feel a bit better. The harm that Bin Laden has done to our country prolly cant be fixed in our life time so to at least know that hes dead leaves me with a very good feeling. POW ! TAKE THAT FUCKER !

To capture try then execute him would make the man a martyr. The last thing that we owe bin laden is any more favors.

If you cant see why us americans are happy about his death than maybe there isnt something wrong with us but with you.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tikker » Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 am

No, it's you

I kinda agree with zanchief on this one

Showing video of tons of Americans cheering and celebrating his death is just inviting retribution

I don't have an issue with pwning him, just the celebration
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Jay » Mon May 02, 2011 11:00 am

leah wrote:i am forever grateful to my gym teacher for drilling that skill into me during drivers' ed

leah wrote:isn't the only difference the length? i feel like it would take too long to smoke something that long, ha.
Jay
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby Spazz » Mon May 02, 2011 11:12 am

Doing anything to those people invites retribution. If we caught him locked him up and put him on trial so would that. Fuck tarrorists and they supporters if they decide to come at us over this I hope we kill even more of them. Im sick to death of that part of the world and that insane religion.

Im glad hes dead I didnt celebrate in the streets but im not upset that people did. The guy was a real life monster and he really had it coming. We have been told to live in fear of this guy for a decade and to hear that hes gone is cause for a celebration.

Stop being a pussy.The guy was a scumbag and if you arent pumped that he is dead there is something wrong with you. You gonna tell me all human life is sacred even Osama Bin Ladens next ?
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 02, 2011 11:21 am

It has nothing to do with sacred or not. The dude is scum, that I agree with. But try acting with a bit of class. You're basically just inciting irrational people for what gain? What possible good is there for celebrating his death? Any catharsis is pretty misguided, and most people celebrating aren't in any way victims. It's also going to reignite racist sentiments. It's just simple sadism to me. It makes me think there isn't much difference between the basic civility of either side.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Lyion » Mon May 02, 2011 11:45 am

Sadism is what Al Qaeda was. Cheering for the main sadist being killed is not only appropriate, it's patriotic. It is a big deal. Maybe not to a Canadian, but here to us it is.

The main terrorist in the known world was just killed after decades of inciting panic, spending his families tens of millions on suicide bombers and evil plots, and you are worried about political correctness?

Sorry if I wholeheartedly disagree.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Zanchief » Mon May 02, 2011 11:53 am

It's not political correctness, its reason. Bloodlust can't be justified with good intentions. You seem to want this to be a political issue, but it's not for me. Revenge, murder, death, violence, these are not things that should be celebrated in any circumstance. I thought the same thing when people cheered in Iraq when he Hussein was killed. It demonstrates a lack of civility. In this instance I think it's also silly since it seems in part to be a show of force and an attempt to embarrass the Taliban, when we have discovered time and time again that these tactics are not conducive to ending violence.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Spazz » Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Dude just shut the fuck up and get out of my thread. Your giving my country a hard time for killing a real bad man and being happy about it and its making me wish i could jay and silent bob strikes back your ass.

Sadism is what Al Qaeda was. Cheering for the main sadist being killed is not only appropriate, it's patriotic. It is a big deal. Maybe not to a Canadian, but here to us it is.

The main terrorist in the known world was just killed after decades of inciting panic, spending his families tens of millions on suicide bombers and evil plots, and you are worried about political correctness?

Sorry if I wholeheartedly disagree.

Lyion I dont find my self in agreement with you a whole lot but well played sir.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Tuggan » Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 pm

I don't give a shit if a small minority of the middle east takes offense to American people celebrating the death of a monster.

I can live with being called an uncivilized blood hungry savage, doesn't bother me in the slightest. :dunno:
Tuggan
NT Traveller
NT Traveller

Postby Lyion » Mon May 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Zanchief wrote:It's not political correctness, its reason. Bloodlust can't be justified with good intentions. You seem to want this to be a political issue, but it's not for me. Revenge, murder, death, violence, these are not things that should be celebrated in any circumstance. I thought the same thing when people cheered in Iraq when he Hussein was killed. It demonstrates a lack of civility. In this instance I think it's also silly since it seems in part to be a show of force and an attempt to embarrass the Taliban, when we have discovered time and time again that these tactics are not conducive to ending violence.

No, there's not much reason in trying to suppress patriotism being displayed about America destroying the head of Al Qaeda.

You keep saying act like it doesn't matter, but it does. In the word's of Joe Biden: "This is a big F***ing deal".

I respect and admire all my countrymen on the streets dancing and singing patriotic songs.

Remember the end of Jedi with the fireworks, dancing and singing after Palpatine was killed. Same deal, man. Appropriate then. Appropiate now.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Mon May 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Look what a magical thing killing bin laden has already done for us man . Lyion is a family man staunch conservitive and im a liberal red neck and i just wanna hug and kiss the guy right now.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon May 02, 2011 12:16 pm

The majority of the street celebrations that are being shown in the media are those at ground zero and in DC... I'd say the celebration is taking place exactly where it can and should be expected.

Are some people going to be overzealous and reignite racist sentiments? of course, that's the nature of human beings. But to say that the nation is collectively classless is pretty tasteless in light of what you're referring to. of course there's a segment of people who are going to act buffoonish, that's going to happen no matter where you are or what the situation is.

I'd understand you making a correlation to the humanity if people were celebrating the death of innocent citizens, but that isn't the case here. They're celebrating the coming to justice of someone who callously murdered our innocents and did celebrate that. This type of reaction isn't even the type of reaction that there was with Saddam. No one is celebrating the death of the woman who was used as a human shield or even the death of his son, the happiness is specifically directed toward him. Efforts were even taken to bury him as close to Islamic tradition as possible. It isn't like his corpse was paraded through the street. It's nowhere close to an apples to apples comparison that you're making.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Next

Return to Current Affairs