SOE / PSN services resuming

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

Re: SOE / PSN services resuming

Postby Lyion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Wait, you are griping about disposable income and your son has an iphone?

Dude.

Anyways:

http://www.mobile-computing-news.co.uk/ ... intel.html
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Lyion wrote:Wait, you are griping about disposable income and your son has an iphone?

Dude.

Anyways:

http://www.mobile-computing-news.co.uk/ ... intel.html

He has every gadget made. His mom buys him so much stupid shit. Infuriating.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Lyion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:51 pm

That's rough but it could be worse.

My son's Mom hasn't seen him in almost 5 years. He has a cheapy prepaid phone he has to pay for. That and his Xbox Live are pretty much his main deal.
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Lyion wrote:That's rough but it could be worse.

My son's Mom hasn't seen him in almost 5 years. He has a cheapy prepaid phone he has to pay for. That and his Xbox Live are pretty much his main deal.

Well he "pays" for it himself as well. She pays him to do everything. All his chores, etc he gets $$$ for so every few months he buys a new game system, phone, whatever.

But yes, he is certainly in a decent position as a 15 yr old.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gaazy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:25 pm

I love my iPad for work, but sure as he'll not sure anything but a supplemental deal. I'll keep it on my desk and make notes in it, use calendar, quick googles, ect stuff along this lines. Did I see someone say they see people replace computers at work with them tho? I hope I read that wrong somewhere. I'm close to buying a few more iPads or something similar fo a couple of my employees, the CPA, office manager, and the shop boss maybe.

So truth be told, I love haven it sittin on the corner of my desk to use when I need it. I hate having notepads and notebooks scattered all over the place anyway, so it's a lot tidier. But It is just what I said it is, a gadget, no more and no less. A helpful gadget when you have as much as me to keep up with lol
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Lyion » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Nah, what you saw is bickering over semantics. I specifically said it is not a desktop replacement. Laptop and portability? Sure. Desktop, no.

What it does do is provide mobile computing and convenience in a way many people like. Tikker was offended I said it could replace a laptop for many normal users. I think it can. He obviously disagrees.

Gadget is a bit of a misnomer to me as that implies more of a one trick pony. i still consider a tablet to be a computer. I can remote desktop into my workstation, browse work docs, email, surf, read, watch videos. I have a bluetooth keyboard for mine so typing isn't a big deal.

I think mobile is more of where things will be in the future. If it's just a gadget, I'm curious why you want to buy more Gaazy?
C. S. Lewis
Lyion
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Tossica » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:55 am

Lyion wrote:Gadget is a bit of a misnomer to me as that implies more of a one trick pony. i still consider a tablet to be a computer. I can remote desktop into my workstation, browse work docs, email, surf, read, watch videos. I have a bluetooth keyboard for mine so typing isn't a big deal.

All of that and a LOT more can be done on my $129 net book. I'm not sold.
Tossica
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Tikker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:42 am

Lyion wrote: Tikker was offended I said it could replace a laptop for many normal users. I think it can. He obviously disagrees.

no, you said it could do everything a laptop could do and more

iPad is a subset of a laptop
Tikker
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gaazy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:27 pm

What? I do think its a gadget. Or a tablet if that's what you want me to call the damn thing like it matters. A very handy one. I'm pretty much agreeing with you from what I see. I can do all the things you named on it. I See now where you corrected me from earlier about arguing semantics on it, but most of what I said agreed with you. I do use it as a replacement for my laptop at work. Only thing I use desktop at work for anymore is Peachtree (accounting).

And I am 'considering' buying one for whoever at my place wants them if they want to use it like I use mine, but it will stay in my office lol, not buying them for their personal use that's for sure. Because they are just what we both said, portable and handy.

I dunno bout the 'and more' part of all that though because I've never tried anything else with it, it's just a organizer by day ect and laptop - games at night when I actually feel like using it
Gaazy
NT Deity
NT Deity

Previous

Return to Current Affairs