Re: Countdown to first pregnancy aboard a submarine

Postby Zanchief » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:28 pm

You are wrong about everything.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:00 am

Zanchief wrote:You are wrong about everything.

So you would have only been satisfied with a response such as "Woohoo!!!! WTG Navy!!! Kudos on the quantum leap for equality!!!" Am I right? Sorry Holmes, I skip ahead and look at the big picture using common sense and logic. If you think this was a good move on the Navy's part, then you are part of the problem plaguing America... Short-sightedness. There is going to be sexual antics on the Sub now, and there is going to be jealousy, resentment, fighting over the girl (especially if she's cute), and on and on. Bad move.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Spazz » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:37 am

Ya know righties like to talk out of both sides of their mouth on the issue of the military. They are heros and great and all that shit but the second gays or women or some other bullshit comes up they become the biggest morons on earth incapable of following orders. If theres a problem let there be discipline to handle it. Also i know your a zealot fuckin loon and might not be aware of this but they make several forms of long term birth control .
WHITE TRASH METAL SLUMMER
Why Immortal technique?
Perhaps its because I am afraid and he gives me courage.
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Zanchief » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:21 am

Narrock wrote:
Zanchief wrote:You are wrong about everything.

So you would have only been satisfied with a response such as "Woohoo!!!! WTG Navy!!! Kudos on the quantum leap for equality!!!" Am I right? Sorry Holmes, I skip ahead and look at the big picture using common sense and logic. If you think this was a good move on the Navy's part, then you are part of the problem plaguing America... Short-sightedness. There is going to be sexual antics on the Sub now, and there is going to be jealousy, resentment, fighting over the girl (especially if she's cute), and on and on. Bad move.

Yes, common sense and logic. That's what Mindia is all about.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby leah » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:11 am

are we just assuming that women are incapable of using birth control, or that the introduction of women will turn men into crazy hormone-driven animals who can't keep themselves from rutting? good grief. absolutely i say good for them for introducing more equality--why on earth SHOULDN'T women be allowed to serve on submarines?!

honestly i didn't even realize that women weren't allowed to serve on subs until now. it just seems like such a silly thing.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Menelvir » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:38 am

Personally, I don't think anyone belongs on a submarine.

How someone can be in a metal can under thousands of feet of water at tremendous pressures, in close proximity with other people, for months at a time, and still function to the degree they do is amazing to me.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Spazz » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Perhaps they are well trained and very disciplined type of people. Im not sure if mindia is saying all men are horny fools who cant control they impulses or if all women are whores but again he comes across as a total jackass.
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby Menelvir » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:26 pm

For those well-trained persons that can do it, I give them props. I do not think I could do it. I would probably be catatonic after half an hour.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby brinstar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Narrock wrote:There is going to be sexual antics on the Sub now

got a news flash for ya there cabin boy - sexual antics on submarines is nothing new
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Zanchief » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 pm

brinstar wrote:

got a news flash for ya there cabin boy - sexual antics on submarines is nothing new

In the navy?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Menelvir wrote:Personally, I don't think anyone belongs on a submarine.

How someone can be in a metal can under thousands of feet of water at tremendous pressures, in close proximity with other people, for months at a time, and still function to the degree they do is amazing to me.

That made me lol.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Spazz wrote:Ya know righties like to talk out of both sides of their mouth on the issue of the military. They are heros and great and all that shit but the second gays or women or some other bullshit comes up they become the biggest morons on earth incapable of following orders. If theres a problem let there be discipline to handle it. Also i know your a zealot fuckin loon and might not be aware of this but they make several forms of long term birth control .

Welcome to /ignore. Be gone, rat.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Arlos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Mindia, I don't see how being cooped up in a submarine is any different than being in a space environment. Both are very high importance, high stress, completely sealed environments. There have been several women that have been a part of the crew for the International Space Station, and none of the problems you are suggesting will occur have ever happened, at least not that has been in any way noted publicly. So far, there haven't been widespread such incidents on other navy vessels, to my knowledge, and while those are somewhat more open than submarines, they are still closed environments away from land for long stretches.

Remember, they do some pretty extensive psychological testing and personality testing before they let ANYONE into a submarine crew. You don't think they'd be able to weed out at least the vast majority of petty drama types that would be at all prone to generating problems like you describe? I really don't think that someone so hard core as to want to be a part of a submarine crew is going to be the type that would be willing to risk their careers on frivolous cavorting.

To be honest, I think you are worrying needlessly, and anticipating problems that either will never occur, or will occur no more often than any of the other inter-personal conflicts that could crop up do.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Spazz » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Whats the matter boy you hate being called out on your bullshit and cant face facts ?
Why Immortal technique?
Spazz
Osama bin Spazz
Osama bin Spazz

Postby brinstar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Arlos wrote:Mindia, I don't see how being cooped up in a submarine is any different than being in a space environment. Both are very high importance, high stress, completely sealed environments. There have been several women that have been a part of the crew for the International Space Station, and none of the problems you are suggesting will occur have ever happened, at least not that has been in any way noted publicly. So far, there haven't been widespread such incidents on other navy vessels, to my knowledge, and while those are somewhat more open than submarines, they are still closed environments away from land for long stretches.

Remember, they do some pretty extensive psychological testing and personality testing before they let ANYONE into a submarine crew. You don't think they'd be able to weed out at least the vast majority of petty drama types that would be at all prone to generating problems like you describe? I really don't think that someone so hard core as to want to be a part of a submarine crew is going to be the type that would be willing to risk their careers on frivolous cavorting.

To be honest, I think you are worrying needlessly, and anticipating problems that either will never occur, or will occur no more often than any of the other inter-personal conflicts that could crop up do.

-Arlos

uhhh not that i'm defending The Troll or anything but technically NASA is still working out the inertial details re: zero-g sex (i saw a documentary on it)

submarine sex is still perfectly feasible though
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:43 pm

brinstar wrote:
uhhh not that i'm defending The Troll or anything but technically NASA is still working out the inertial details re: zero-g sex (i saw a documentary on it)

I'm quite sure that if 2 individuals were sufficiently motivated, they could figure out a way to fuck in zero-g. Or, if not ACTUAL fucking, I am sure that ways to use hands and mouths would be quickly worked out. That is the LEAST of the potential counter-arguments. :)

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby brinstar » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Arlos wrote:
brinstar wrote:

I'm quite sure that if 2 individuals were sufficiently motivated, they could figure out a way to fuck in zero-g. Or, if not ACTUAL fucking, I am sure that ways to use hands and mouths would be quickly worked out. That is the LEAST of the potential counter-arguments. :)

-Arlos

maybe but it's the most SAUCY
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Gypsiyee » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:56 am

Mindia, I'm saddened and [almost] surprised that after a brief stint if you acting reasonable and like a normal human being, you've gone back down the path of poking and prodding to get a reaction out of people.

You're a grown-up. You're a father. Stop acting like you're not quite mature enough yet to be in Lexie's playgroup.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:36 am

Zanchief wrote:
brinstar wrote:

In the navy?

heeeee!!! that made me giggle irl.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Narrock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:55 am

Arlos wrote:Mindia, I don't see how being cooped up in a submarine is any different than being in a space environment. Both are very high importance, high stress, completely sealed environments. There have been several women that have been a part of the crew for the International Space Station, and none of the problems you are suggesting will occur have ever happened, at least not that has been in any way noted publicly. So far, there haven't been widespread such incidents on other navy vessels, to my knowledge, and while those are somewhat more open than submarines, they are still closed environments away from land for long stretches.

-Arlos

Arlos, my worrying is not needless. Look what happened aboard our aircraft carriers... multiple cases of sexual antics resulting in pregnancies, fighting (even amongst officers), and then a lot of them had to get a medical discharge. A Navy officer called in to a national radio show to talk about it. The general public has no idea what goes on aboard an aircraft carrier or submarine. This was just a bad move and an ignorant stretch towards "equality."
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby brinstar » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:25 pm

Zanchief wrote:
brinstar wrote:

In the navy?

bump, set, spike
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Your avatar is disturbing lol
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:17 pm

bleh internet
Last edited by Zanchief on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Zanchief » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:18 pm

brinstar wrote:bump, set, spike

Thanks for the setup.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Next

Return to Current Affairs