More gay bullsh**

Real Life Events.

Go off topic and I will break you!

Moderator: Dictators in Training

More gay bullsh**

Postby Narrock » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:32 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-couple-asked- ... 20079.html

They just don't fucking get it. STOP FLAUNTING YOUR GAY ASS BULLSHIT FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD! "Marriage is gay" STFU. :9mm: :lope: I'm so sick of their "In your face" antics. FUCK OFF QUEERS.
“The more I study science the more I believe in God.” -- Albert Einstein
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Re: More gay bullsh**

Postby brinstar » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:02 pm

lol u mad
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Narrock » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:14 pm

I'm just sayin... it's bullshit like that which perpetuates the severe dislike for those people. I hope Dollywood sticks to their guns. It's a family park for Christ's sake.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Menelvir » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:42 am

Maybe she was trying to teach her kids a lesson?

Be assertive with your right to wear clothing with a message that might be provocative or offensive to thin-skinned individuals for whom every principle that doesn't harmonize with their own is cause for a holy crusade, but then when you're called on it by the establishment, roll over and comply with the request so that you don't make a "scene", and later send a strongly-worded email to let the establishment know you don't agree with their draconian policies and that you're serious about your rights.
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - The Dalai Lama
Menelvir
NT Disciple
NT Disciple

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:46 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're wrong about everything.
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:12 am

Zanchief wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're wrong about everything.

That's an expected statement from a psycho like you.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby leah » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:29 am

no, lesbian couple, you can't has freedom of speech. not yours.
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:35 am

I don't know, Mindia. That's not a terribly offensive shirt in my eyes, and I certainly hope that if they make a decision on something as minor as that, they'll apply similar rules to countless other shirts. I mean novelty shirts aren't exactly a small market, and there are certainly far more offensive shirts worn by both heterosexuals and homosexuals. I mean.. those ridiculous "FBI: Female Body Inspector" shirts or "I support single moms" with a picture of a stripper for example. I don't see how that's any less offensive. Would there be a news story if someone wore one of those? Likely not, because I doubt they'd be asked to turn it inside out. If they do, that's fine--I'd just like to think the rules are consistently applied.

And referring to homosexuals as "those people" really just hurts your credibility when trying to have reasonable debate. It doesn't bode well when applied to any other minority, either. People aren't terribly fond of being referred to in a manner that's intended to lessen their worth in human society.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 am

Gypsiyee wrote:I don't know, Mindia. That's not a terribly offensive shirt in my eyes, and I certainly hope that if they make a decision on something as minor as that, they'll apply similar rules to countless other shirts. I mean novelty shirts aren't exactly a small market, and there are certainly far more offensive shirts worn by both heterosexuals and homosexuals. I mean.. those ridiculous "FBI: Female Body Inspector" shirts or "I support single moms" with a picture of a stripper for example. I don't see how that's any less offensive. Would there be a news story if someone wore one of those? Likely not, because I doubt they'd be asked to turn it inside out. If they do, that's fine--I'd just like to think the rules are consistently applied.

And referring to homosexuals as "those people" really just hurts your credibility when trying to have reasonable debate. It doesn't bode well when applied to any other minority, either. People aren't terribly fond of being referred to in a manner that's intended to lessen their worth in human society.

Ok, I should have used the term "gays" or whatever instead of "those people." I'm just so sick of them wanting to change the world, and making demands of businesses to cater to their agenda. That's the biggest reason why they fall under so much scrutiny. If they would use more tact, and also stay under the radar, you would see a lot less bad-mouthing of them or scrutinizing of them and their lifestyle. Every day you see another example or two of the gays pulling their in-your-face antics. They really do need to just stfu already.

I'm equally annoyed by illegal immigrants coming here from their shithole country wanting to change America to the rat dropping from whence they came. We shouldn't have to press 1 for English. We shouldn't have to fund their spawn's education. We shouldn't have to pay for their health care. OMFG. If you don't like America the way it is, stay in your own country.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 am

Ok, I should have used the term "gays" or whatever instead of "those people." I'm just so sick of them wanting to change the world, and making demands of businesses to cater to their agenda. That's the biggest reason why they fall under so much scrutiny. If they would use more tact, and also stay under the radar, you would see a lot less bad-mouthing of them or scrutinizing of them and their lifestyle. Every day you see another example or two of the gays pulling their in-your-face antics.

Okay, but couldn't the same argument be used on religion? Sure, you agree with it and personally deem it more moral, but as an atheist I'm not necessarily happy about having religion in my face either. I see billboards, signage, stores, people who just assume it's how I am and having God bless me and praying for me.

Religion is the lifestyle you chose, but it isn't one I chose and I don't want it pushed on me. The difference, of course, being that religion is widely socially acceptable and it's not something I--as someone who typically respects personal choice regardless of my views on it--would ever tell someone to stfu about or to hide.

As far as illegal immigration, that's not a battle I want to fight with you because as someone who's been through the process the legal way and has seen how daunting it is to get here legally, the measures we had to take and costs we incurred, I completely understand why it happens. Our immigration system is complete bollocks and we have no right to bitch about our undocumented population taking all of our highly desired 5 cent an hour blueberry picking jobs if we don't get off our asses and fix it. That's all I'm going to say on that subject because I have an infinite number of things to say about it and I don't receive opinions of those who have no familiarity with the process very well.
"I think you may be confusing government running amok with government doing stuff you don't like. See, you're in the minority now. It's supposed to taste like a shit taco." - Jon Stewart
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby 10sun » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am

Religion is a choice, sexual preference is not.
10sun
NT Drunkard
NT Drunkard

Postby Gypsiyee » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Absolutely--I don't disagree with you there. I was just trying to make it relateable to something personal and important to him that's stuck in people's faces every day and figured it was the obvious choice.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby leah » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Narrock wrote:Ok, I should have used the term "gays" or whatever instead of "those people." I'm just so sick of them wanting to change the world, and making demands of businesses to cater to their agenda. That's the biggest reason why they fall under so much scrutiny. If they would use more tact, and also stay under the radar, you would see a lot less bad-mouthing of them or scrutinizing of them and their lifestyle. Every day you see another example or two of the gays pulling their in-your-face antics. They really do need to just stfu already.

i don't know that "expecting to be given the same rights and treated as equal human beings rather than unclean social pariahs" is equal to "making demands of businesses to cater to their agenda."

basically i don't think it's fair that gay people should be expected to "stay under the radar"--by what, skulking around town or meeting under the cover of darkness??--rather than going out in public and enjoying their lives just because it might upset other people's delicate sensibilities. furthermore, i don't think gays are any more guilty of "in-your-face antics" than outspoken religious zealots are. it's just that, as gyps said, religiousness (and therefore religious fanaticism) is far more common/accepted in our society. honestly i don't know what people are so afraid of. do you think by being in the same room with a gay couple, you're going to catch the gay too? if your problem with it is that it's biblically condemned, then can't you just say to yourself "welp, they're gay--guess i won't see them in heaven" and then go about your merry way? what business is it of yours, truly?

[edited to fix spelling errors, urgh.]
lolz
leah
Preggers!
Preggers!

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:22 pm

leah wrote:
Narrock wrote:Ok, I should have used the term "gays" or whatever instead of "those people." I'm just so sick of them wanting to change the world, and making demands of businesses to cater to their agenda. That's the biggest reason why they fall under so much scrutiny. If they would use more tact, and also stay under the radar, you would see a lot less bad-mouthing of them or scrutinizing of them and their lifestyle. Every day you see another example or two of the gays pulling their in-your-face antics. They really do need to just stfu already.

i don't know that "expecting to be given the same rights and treated as equal human beings rather than unclean social pariahs" is equal to "making demands of businesses to cater to their agenda."

basically i don't think it's fair that gay people should be expected to "stay under the radar"--by what, skulking around town or meeting under the cover of darkness??--rather than going out in public and enjoying their lives just because it might upset other people's delicate sensibilities. furthermore, i don't think gays are any more guilty of "in-your-face antics" than outspoken religious zealots are. it's just that, as gyps said, religiousness (and therefore religious fanaticism) is far more common/accepted in our society. honestly i don't know what people are so afraid of. do you think by being in the same room with a gay couple, you're going to catch the gay too? if your problem with it is that it's biblically condemned, then can't you just say to yourself "welp, they're gay--guess i won't see them in heaven" and then go about your merry way? what business is it of yours, truly?

[edited to fix spelling errors, urgh.]

They can go out and enjoy their lives... just stop trying to force their agenda on everybody else. THATS ALL I'M SAYING. Making businesses change their policies, having their disgusting vulgar parades, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. :banghead:
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Gypsiyee wrote:
Ok, I should have used the term "gays" or whatever instead of "those people." I'm just so sick of them wanting to change the world, and making demands of businesses to cater to their agenda. That's the biggest reason why they fall under so much scrutiny. If they would use more tact, and also stay under the radar, you would see a lot less bad-mouthing of them or scrutinizing of them and their lifestyle. Every day you see another example or two of the gays pulling their in-your-face antics.

Okay, but couldn't the same argument be used on religion? Sure, you agree with it and personally deem it more moral, but as an atheist I'm not necessarily happy about having religion in my face either. I see billboards, signage, stores, people who just assume it's how I am and having God bless me and praying for me.

Religion is the lifestyle you chose, but it isn't one I chose and I don't want it pushed on me. The difference, of course, being that religion is widely socially acceptable and it's not something I--as someone who typically respects personal choice regardless of my views on it--would ever tell someone to stfu about or to hide.

As far as illegal immigration, that's not a battle I want to fight with you because as someone who's been through the process the legal way and has seen how daunting it is to get here legally, the measures we had to take and costs we incurred, I completely understand why it happens. Our immigration system is complete bollocks and we have no right to bitch about our undocumented population taking all of our highly desired 5 cent an hour blueberry picking jobs if we don't get off our asses and fix it. That's all I'm going to say on that subject because I have an infinite number of things to say about it and I don't receive opinions of those who have no familiarity with the process very well.

You're having it both ways. You're all for freedom of expression for gays, but not for religious folk. Doesn't make sense.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Zanchief » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Hey dork, none of us have ever told you you can't express yourself. Could you imagine what would happen if a theme park told someone to put away their cross because it offended someone?
Zanchief
Chief Wahoo
Chief Wahoo

Postby brinstar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Narrock wrote:You're having it both ways. You're all for freedom of expression for gays, but not for religious folk. Doesn't make sense.

that's not even true at all. no one here is calling for removing freedom of expression for religious folk, they're just saying why is it okay for religious folk to be "in-your-face" about their faith but it's not okay for gays to do it. it's NOT the same thing as saying "well if they can't, neither can you" and you're distorting the issue by making that argument. probably on purpose

they don't do it to piss you off, they do it to fight for equality - as i hope YOU would if a certain aspect of your lifestyle was socially taboo (like being a douche, for example)
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Ginzburgh » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Hey the parades are fun. Don't knock the parades.
Ginzburgh
Nappy Headed Ho
Nappy Headed Ho

Postby brinstar » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:43 pm

Ginzburgh wrote:Hey the parades are fun. Don't knock the parades.

fuck yeah they are, best parade i ever saw
compost the rich
brinstar
Cat Crew
Cat Crew

Postby Arlos » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Also, couldn't you have said the original civil rights folks were "making businesses change their practices" by demanding to sit at the front of the bus, or eat at the Woolworth lunch counters that were supposedly for whites only? They also were quite certainly in-your-face about which side of the debate they were on (kind of hard to disguise the color of your skin), and most definitely had parades.

-Arlos
Arlos
Admin Abuse Squad
Admin Abuse Squad

Postby Narrock » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Zanchief wrote:Hey dork, none of us have ever told you you can't express yourself. Could you imagine what would happen if a theme park told someone to put away their cross because it offended someone?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the next thing coming down the pipe of atheistic retardation.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Narrock » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:42 pm

brinstar wrote:
Narrock wrote:You're having it both ways. You're all for freedom of expression for gays, but not for religious folk. Doesn't make sense.

that's not even true at all. no one here is calling for removing freedom of expression for religious folk, they're just saying why is it okay for religious folk to be "in-your-face" about their faith but it's not okay for gays to do it. it's NOT the same thing as saying "well if they can't, neither can you" and you're distorting the issue by making that argument. probably on purpose

they don't do it to piss you off, they do it to fight for equality - as i hope YOU would if a certain aspect of your lifestyle was socially taboo (like being a douche, for example)

There are gay parades that are vile and disgusting, and the participants TRY to be as offensive as they can be through their "expressionism." Gay parades are not innocent little family spectacles or entertainment. You wouldn't want your child to even catch a glimpse of that filth.
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Postby Harrison » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 pm

10sun wrote:Religion is a choice, sexual preference is not.

That isn't entirely true...but I get your point.
How do you like this spoiler, motherfucker? -Lyion
Harrison
NT Legend
NT Legend

Postby Gypsiyee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:29 am

brinstar wrote:

this.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the next thing coming down the pipe of atheistic retardation.

Why when it's your freedom of speech and your cross is it the opposition's retardation, but when it's homosexual freedom of speech it's also them? Freedom of speech is okay, just so long as it's freedom of speech that aligns with your personal beliefs?

Mindia, you have to realize at some point that if it's always everybody else, then it's actually probably you.

I'm an atheist, and I can tell you with certainty that mental retardation isn't something I'm afflicted with. I can also tell you that as an atheist, it's pretty easy to feel constantly persecuted. If religion comes up in casual conversation, I typically avoid the topic because whenever I mention that I'm an atheist to someone I typically get dirty looks or told that I'll be prayed for. Yet when I ask them why they believe as they do, they generally have less biblical knowledge than I do. and while I've read the bible cover to cover in the past, I certainly don't have anything more than a basic working knowledge of it.. so personally, I'd expect that someone who's going to tell me that my beliefs are going to doom me to an eternity of fiery rot would know more than I would about what shaped them to believe that way.
Gypsiyee
NT Deity
NT Deity

Postby Narrock » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Gyps Gyps Gyps... This is not about freedom of speech. We all have freedom if speech, but you know as well as I that "freedom of speech" has boundaries, that are necessary for a decent society. You can't stand up in a court room and say, "fuck you judge." You will get thrown in the clink and have to pay a hefty fine... Deservedly. Same basic principle applies to Dollywood, a FAMILY park. Her shirt was offensive, and the park employee called her on it. She knew that her shirt was offensive and went into the family park wearing it just to be a stupid offensive cunt. If she wants to wear that shirt, she should do it at a gay rally, or some other such event. Oh, and I know you're not a retard... In fact I think you're very intelligent, and articulate too. I believe I've mentioned that before. ;)
Narrock
NT Patron
NT Patron

Next

Return to Current Affairs